No polish.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Nutzcraw

Bencher
How often do you see the players Nutz?

Not alot... at games they seem to enjoy playing with Mona's.... after the match yesterday Brett Stewart was agreeing that he's a vital cog to the side and that "he got us home today"

I don't know.. i just think maybe you read more into it than what is actually there.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I think your kidding yourself if you think no one would be interested in Mona's.. i'm sure if he was put on the open market someone would pick him up. I'm talking about NRL teams too

Matabele

Journey Man
I think your kidding yourself if you think no one would be interested in Mona's.. i'm sure if he was put on the open market someone would pick him up. I'm talking about NRL teams too

Suggest you call the club and give them a few tips then. They've been trying and failing for the best part of 18 months!

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Like you would know!

They purchased Orford and probably thought there was no use for Mona's anymore.... as it turned out he has turned himself into a more than adequate hooker and everything is sweet.

I don't think that the club is on the phone every week asking to get rid of monaghan and if that were the case i would doubt he would waste his own time turning up every week.

As i say, your reading into something that isn't there.

Matabele

Journey Man
This thread is getting really boring. There's only so many times you can point out the logical end point of deduction and rationale. :roll:

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Put up a poll:

Question:
Would you rather Monaghan in the team or not??

Answers:

Yes, I would like Monaghan in the team.

or

No, i would not like Monaghan in the team.

If the majority say They wouldn't want him in the team, i'll shut up about him.. if the majority say Yes.. you shut up about him??

Matabele

Journey Man
Put up a poll:

Question:
Would you rather Monaghan in the team or not??

Answers:

Yes, I would like Monaghan in the team.

or

No, i would not like Monaghan in the team.

If the majority say They wouldn't want him in the team, i'll shut up about him.. if the majority say Yes.. you shut up about him??

Perfect proof that you have missed the whole point. :wall:

Garts

First Grader

The point is no one wants him for $240k. I am sure he would be snapped up at half that price, but for half that price I would want him to stay.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Orford can't get back soon enough. Monaghan sets up a couple of tries and everyone wets themselves with excitement.

But they forget that he does 5 diabolically stupid things every game and has is absolutley useless in finishing off sets. Passes sprayed everywhere, line kicks missed, bals dribbling over the dead ball line or screwing off the side of the boot. It really is very embarassing.

When Orford is on the field our playmaking is

CRISP

When Monaghan has the number 7 it is

PATCHY

I hope to God Ballin hasn't picked up a serious injury.

I know I will be howled down with the usual chorus of :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:

but it is too terribly true, win or no win.

To me, that seems like you don't want him in the team

Matabele

Journey Man
Erm, no it says I want Orford back at number 7 for the crispness of his playmaking and that Ballin doesn't deserve to lose the number 9.

As I say elsewhere in the thread, Monas can wear 17 and play the role currently being done by Halden.

A pretty expensive bench player though.

Ryan

Journey Man
Mata - UNFORTUNATELY, the three players that will go in my opinion full strength, are Halden, Bryant......and Ballin (which sucks !). We all know Des, and this will be his team:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Travis Burns
15. George Rose
16. Glenn Hall
17. Luke Williamson

Matabele

Journey Man
Every game Ballin plays makes it harder for that to happen. He has been excellent.

Also, why drop Bryant and not Rose? Rose is a passenger.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Ballin was superb on Saturday in both attack and defence. I thought Rose and Bryant were both pretty average and fortunately King and Kite are getting more game time and playing well.

Ballin should stay - notice how the short flat passes get the runners over the advantage line and we have very little dropped ball on hit ups. His reading of the game is also good and the ruck defence is also top notch.

I can't knock Mona's defensive work but Ballin is a heaps better attacking option.

Matabele

Journey Man
I can't knock Mona's defensive work but Ballin is a heaps better attacking option.

No doubt he is far ahead of Monaghan as a dummy half but he is probably ahead defensively too.

Fluffy

Journey Man
He isnt ahead defensivly.

He is good but made a couple of poor misses. He will get better but also be better with less game time which will happen s.hould he stay when he shares with monas. Fingers crossed

Monas turned the ball over a couple of times against the warriors and even managed to put watmough in a half gap after ballin passed the ball a metre behind monas.

How good is it to have depth like monas and ballin as backups?

Fluffy

Journey Man
Des has shown his hand with Halden already.

So to think there will not be a hooker/halves backup is rather unrealistic one would think?

Matabele

Journey Man
At the moment Ballin plays 80 minutes and Halden is purely on the bench in case of injury.

What will happen when Orford returns? Will one of Monas/Ballin play 80 minutes with the other a bench warmer?

Or will they share the hooking role (40 minutes each).

It's a legitimate question, not one aimed at dissing Monaghan. I can see pros and cons for either scenario.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18