No Parker - who plays centre ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What's the best options ?
Does Walker go back to centre with Cust/Croker to 5/8
Is Funa worth a go ?
Elliott has been reliable, is this the safe option ?
THoughts for the Tigers game?

Elliott causes the least disruption and he has experience over Funa. Personally I like Croker to 5/8 and walker to centre. I just think Croker offers more space to our outside men, something walker and Turbo would appreciate! and he's a strong defender.

Elliott causes the least disruption and he has experience over Funa. Personally I like Croker to 5/8 and walker to centre. I just think Croker offers more space to our outside men, something walker and Turbo would appreciate! and he's a strong defender.
That could work too, would be worried about walker leaking points, benji and brooks like to run plays to isolate outside back defenders

That could work too, would be worried about walker leaking points, benji and brooks like to run plays to isolate outside back defenders
That's my concern too however I think Croker will offer more support to walker in defence compared to Cust inside walker. Walker has leaked points but that shortage starts from his inside men. Walker's got his fitness and feel for the game back so I reckon he'll star again back at Centre outside Croker who has a great ability to attract defenders and create an overlap

JetSki?

One - his biggest weakness is his brain snaps and decision making.Centre is the hardest position on the field to make defensive decisions.He has never started in the centre in his entire life. Covering as centre due to injury for half an hour a couple of times hardly qualifies.

Two- why pay Elliott and Funa to be in your top 30 and then pick a fringe second rower (who struggles to make our top 17 in his regular position ) in the centre due to injury. Elliott is a seasoned centre and Funa a young tyro with potential.

Des will only consider two options

Funa or Elliott to centre

Walker to centre , Cust /Croker to 5/8

First option with Elliott most likely. I trust that Des has seen what Walker has done in terms of the way we play our footy with him playing direct. Our weakness all year was our sideways attack with Tommy pushing wingers over the sideline. I’m not sure what people watch but It was so obvious it had to be fixed and Des has done it.You don’t just look individual players. You look at how the team functions overall and outside of Friday we have been killing it.Walker has been very good. it’s only three weeks ago we beat Storm in Melbourne and Walker starred!

I like Cade as a future player for sure but fair dinkum the way we played with him at five eight the last two weeks before Walker switched to pivot is like chalk and cheese. Cust will get there for sure, I liked him being picked till Walker showed his work at 5/8 - great potential but not right now.

Last edited:
Considering we have 3 5/8s on the book but are currently playing centre there, ide say move the career centre back to centre and play one of the 5/8s at 5/8..
Bit out there I know, but just my 2 cents.. (cust or croker will do)

JetSki?

One - his biggest weakness is his brain snaps and decision making.Centre is the hardest position on the field to make defensive decisions.He has never started in the centre in his entire life. Covering as centre due to injury for half an hour a couple of times hardly qualifies.

Two- why pay Elliott and Funa to be in your top 30 and then pick a fringe second rower (who struggles to make our top 17 in his regular position ) in the centre due to injury. Elliott is a seasoned centre and Funa a young tyro with potential.

Des will only consider two options

Funa or Elliott to centre

Walker to centre , Cust /Croker to 5/8

First option with Elliott most likely. I trust that Des has seen what Walker has done in terms of the way we play our footy with him playing direct. You don’t just look individual players. You look at how the team functions overall and outside of Friday we have been killing it.Walker has been very good.

I like Cade as a future player for sure but fair dinkum the way we played with him at five eight the last two weeks before Walker switched to pivot is like chalk and cheese. Cust will get there for sure, I liked him being picked till Walker showed his work at 5/8 - great potential but not right now.
Same argument goes for having Croker Elgey and Cust on the books. Why bother having them if you're going to play a career centre at 5/8. Im not arguing or disagreeing just stating a point. Walker has been good and playing direct as you mentioned but Croker plays direct too and is a career half. Cust and Walker didn't work but doesnt mean Croker/Walker wont. Des knows best and im sure he'll make the right call for the team leading into the semis.
In regards to Gosiewski he absolutely carved up at Blacktown in 40 mins a couple weeks ago and has an X factor about him off the bench and can cover centre if needed. Our bench has lacked punch since losing Sipley and Gosiewski

Considering we have 3 5/8s on the book but are currently playing centre there, ide say move the career centre back to centre and play one of the 5/8s at 5/8..
Bit out there I know, but just my 2 cents.. (cust or croker will do)
None of those 5/8s are anywhere near proven though. Cade has potential but so much to learn as his last two games showed . Croker a trier but injury prone and LG done for good.Its hardly a stable of champions - Walker is an origin player making great fist of it.

It’s nothing like JetSki comparison. He is not a centre and never will be. He’s lucky to make it in the 17 as a backrower.Des would not even consider it .

Why do it? Because at this stage Walker is a class above the lot of them , is playing well at 5/8 and Elliott and Funa are good options at centre. I just find it hard to believe people who watched that Melbourne game are calling for a change at 5/8 after watching our 5/8 go round in the couple of games pre Walker.We beat Storm in Melbourne playing the style that wins us games!! Maybe it’s just me.

Anyway let’s see. If he changes Walker I hope he goes for Cade because he eats Croker potential wise

Last edited:
I appreciate all opinions on here. it is good thought provoking conversation and im sure these types of discussions go on between coaching staff when having to make decisions regarding team selection etc. If I disagree dont take offence, I enjoy hearing other people's perspectives and opinions. We dont see what goes on at training day in day out so hard for us to know how Des and the staff are thinking but I have confidence that they will again make the call that is best for the team as a whole

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4