Nine are advertising on the news there maybe a loop hole that will get GS off!

"Sir, as I was sent from the field, I feared for my safety the moment I saw this massive bloke with a mouth guard around his ear, chasing after me" "He had already assaulted one of my team mates and I feared for my safety that he would attempt to do the same with me"

My take on it is that Glenn was put in a position and he had to react. He took his first punsihment on the chin and was walking off accordingly. When Blair ran past and turned around in front of him, you could see it shocked him. He just expected to walk off. Then you see Glenn look around (i think to see if anyone else is around to help becuuse he has now realised that Blair wants another crack). Then Blair grabs him and the rest is history.

It is debatable if Glenn is or isn't the aggressor in this situation, but he was certainly not the instigator. That in fact was Blair.

I believe our defence will be something along this lines of: Glen was nebr an instigator, he was wrongfully sin binned and put in a position where he could only defend himself, Blair was out to get him, he ran stewart down to confront him and Stewart retaliated in self defence. Blair was in a state of rage, and Glenn should never have been out in the situation. The reason for retaliation is that Glenn feared for his safety and was enticed to defend himself. Thoughts ?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hadley just gave Manly and DES a huge spray for not pleading guilty and moving on
Blair ang Glenn have NOT been charged yet, just reffered. Neither can thus enter a plea. Blair pleaded guilty to Striking charge. One day Media will read the Graphics they scream over.
Maintain the Rage - its all about the Winning. :D

OJ Simpsons lawyers couldnt get Glen off this one.

I think its incredibly harsh & its not justice etc etc but there is no way the NRL doesnt want to draw a line under the episode & cease the distraction before the semi's. They will realise if Stewart plays again this year the whole crap witch hunt media circus will start again - the NRL wont let that happen in any circs.

If judiciary members go into the hearing at all influenced by frothing-mouth media hysteria, or Gallop's statements and opinions, then they simply are not doing their job.

Either Glenn gets a fair and uninfluenced hearing solely based on the evidence presented in the hearing, or it is a kangaroo court.

MY point has nothing to do with Glens guilt or not.It is simply directed at how we handle it.To win a GF yo need a lot to go right.

My view are not negative,they are realistic

Glen should get 2 to 3 weeks maximum but the NRL sensationalism dictates he will probably get more and the club should face that reality.The best we can hope for is a GF appearence and structure aour moves around that.

Manly needs to look at its discipline at this stage of a season.

We need to handle situations calmly and think them through.

The right way to do things would be to plead guilty and then raise mitigating circumsatnces of which there a plenty,dont try at technicalities,loopholes etc

Dont name him in team and appear arrogant.Remorse is taken into account in these things.

Leave the talking to CEO,not coach and players as Melbourne have done.

Focus on the Brisbane game.We now have an adjournment after we sack our counsel 3 hours before the hearing.

It just seems the situation is getting out of hand a little and now another day of media garbage.

That side can beat broncos with a few days of clean air.

All we need is to get Lussick and Glen down to 2 weeks.

The premierships in the bag.

The very first punch glen threw was in retaliation and defense of being presued on his way to the sin bin.

Call it what you like but the only reason he threw punches was because his 'protection' was himself alone until he walked 50mtrs.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2