Nine are advertising on the news there maybe a loop hole that will get GS off!

There should be no punishment for running into a fight if you are trying to break it up. Would they rather everyone stand back and watch 2 players punch on like a boxing match till someone takes a shot on the chin like Steve Price? Stewart should not have been sent to the bin to start with. The refs incompetence was a major factor in the whole thing. That should see his sentence reduced by maybe a week or 2. Well worth taking the risk. If he only get 3 weeks the team has a great motivation to make the GF.

i am surprised you guys are still guessing what the loop hole is.... it has nothing to do with geese.... it is the chewbacca defence. works everytime!!!

The problem with legal loopholes is that the judiciary does not work like a proper court, legal mumbo jumbo scares the panel

Dan79 said:
i am surprised you guys are still guessing what the loop hole is.... it has nothing to do with geese.... it is the chewbacca defence. works everytime!!!

The problem with legal loopholes is that the judiciary does not work like a proper court, legal mumbo jumbo scares the panel

What are you talking about? That does not make sense.

It isn't geese that are the loophole it is a seagull.

Manly will use the loophole that Glen was actually being attacked by a rouge seagull as he was walking slowly off the field as the seagull swooped on him as it thought that he was eating Rose's hot chips.

Glen was actually trying to protect Blair from being attacked and was trying to hit the seagull and accidently hit Blair instead. Glen will get off while Gallop will suspend the seagull for 4 weeks.

Not sure how anyone could come up with the crazy idea that geese were involved with the loophole when it was clearly a seagull.

tookey said:

Manly will use the loophole that Glen was actually being attacked by a rouge seagull as he was walking slowly off the field as the seagull swooped on him as it thought that he was eating Rose's hot chips.

Glen was actually trying to protect Blair from being attacked and was trying to hit the seagull and accidently hit Blair instead. Glen will get off while Gallop will suspend the seagull for 4 weeks.

Not sure how anyone could come up with the crazy idea that geese were involved with the loophole when it was clearly a seagull.

thankfully all that was caught on camera too.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L426wOBOdMg[/video]

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
tookey said:

thankfully all that was caught on camera too.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L426wOBOdMg[/video]

That clip is scary and brings back memories of last friday night when Glen was attacked. He will get off for sure if Manly show that clip at the hearing as glen's defence

susan said:
He will not get off.This is not the High Ct.To think a technicality will prevail is ridiculous given the publicity on this.He will be suspended for a lengthy stretch(too much IMO),this will further inflame the issue,keep the debate raging,distract our club from football as was shown today with the mish mash of unprofessional interviews and serve no purpose.

By all means plead not guilty on the facts(we must do so) but dont try some smart arse manouver that will probably inflame them to a higher penalty.

This whole thing should be subsiding by now.Surely last year we learnt some lessons about how quickly things can go astray.We look like a club in crisis and I hope we dont play like one.
I don't think we're in crisis at all. We lead the NRL clubs in many areas, and are probably ahead of the administration too. One of the reasons why they treat us as a threat.

A club with our comparative lack of resources cannot enjoy the sustained success we do without some smarts.

Ceagle said:
The loophole reported is that Glenn was wrongly sinbinned.

The ref said that he threw a punch in the initial brawl but he never did
This is correct it was brought up by weidler on ch9 news sports segment at 6pm this evening.Danny also believes he'll escape charges he's never incorrect is he.

Another issue that noone has mentioned is that Glenn was sent first and couldn't believe that he was punished, when he did nothing. He walked slowly, turning around from time to time to see if anyone else got sent or whether he was the scapegoat. Blair comes up, mouths off at him (with some threat) and grabs him by the jersey. His reaction was hardly surprising. He has the defence that he retaliated, when it was Blair striking in the first place in the original fight. May not get him off, but hopefully get his charge reduced.

Ceagle said:
The loophole reported is that Glenn was wrongly sinbinned.

The ref said that he threw a punch in the initial brawl but he never did

This was brought up on sportline by David Lord, he was saying that Gifty was incorrecty sinbinned. He has been one of the few jurno's that has got it right thus far and put it in the right perspective without bias.

He was giving it to the NRL and and stating they are also responsible
and the whole situation could have been avoided if Gifty wasn't binned.

It's a longshot but if that loophole is there we need to hire the best lawyers to make sure we exploit the s**t out if it so we can create the biggest silvertail moment in history, to have Glenn run out on to Suncorp next week that would be my GF right there! it would take years for manly haters and Rebecca Wilson to get over it.

Hardly a loophole channel 9. Manly is simply defending the case.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/im-the-victim-stewart-pleads-not-guilty-over-fight-20110830-1jk9h.html

And now the media are stating as fact that television footage supports the view that Stewart was wrongly binned. Still waiting to read that tidy fact in any Murdoch media.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/sea-eagles-to-argue-glenn-stewart-should-have-dodged-sin-bin/story-e6frg7mf-1226125873223

Daniel said:
I still don't understand what geese have to do with it?
Back to the subject of geese, Austrian zoologist Konrad Lorenz worked with geese while studying animal behaviour. He describes his experiences with the geese in his book On Aggression. He also related these studies to humans.Perhaps geese have a lot to do with it?

Or perhaps I'm just being a goose.

Yeah the boys on 2SM talkin sport were also yesterday backing the opinion that it was an incorrect call to sinbin Glenn

Although they rubbished the idea that Manly were pleading not guilty, they repeatedly said "what is he saying he wasn't there?"

This of course is not the line Manly's legal boys will pursue

The thing I don't get is that one does not excuse the other. Sure maybe he shouldn't have been sinbinned, but he was still involved in a second fight after being sin binned

Daniel said:
The thing I don't get is that one does not excuse the other. Sure maybe he shouldn't have been sinbinned, but he was still involved in a second fight after being sin binned

Yeah I tend to agree. He wasn't charged for anything in the first fight like Blair was. Blair has two charges, one for the first fight and another for the second. Glenn just has one charge which is for the second fight. It seems Manly are defending the second fight with a defense that could only be used for the first. Not sure it will work but i sure hope it does. Even if it gets him less weeks it would be worth it.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2