Nico hynes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We really don't have any reserve graders anymore. We have 25 players in the first grade squad and an Under 20's squad. Up to 8 of our first grade squad will play for Blacktown.
So the 2016 Reserve graders will more than likely be off to other clubs or retired because I can't see Blacktown paying big bucks. Yes, I will be following & supporting Blacktown but apart from saving money, every year we will lose some of the Under 20's players because they simply won't fit into the top 25 players squad. They probably need a year or two in Reserves before they would have been ready for first grade.

As you can see, our demise started 6 years ago.

I cannot believe that fuuck Twent and the Manly club told this guy he had no future in first grade NRL.

He could have been our 5/8th for the last 4/5 years with real coaching and personal training.

Twent is the absolute worst person to be involved with Manly EVER.

Said earlier in the night that I can't even feel upset about Nicho being shown the door here and am actually happy for him. It's nice to see somebody playing good footy. And honestly, what would have happened to him if he had stayed here, like his great mate Cade Cust? Would have barely seen any first grade, regressed as a player, and wondered what life was like in a decent side.

Best thing that happened to him was Twenty letting him go...he learned in the best system in the comp down south.

Would he have been this same player if he stayed here? Trent wouldnt have improved him and Des wouldnt have played him .

Best thing that happened to him was Twenty letting him go...he learned in the best system in the comp down south.

Would he have been this same player if he stayed here? Trent wouldnt have improved him and Des wouldnt have played him .

He played 2017 and 2018 in the Qld cup.

Went to Melb in 2019.

Certainly didn't give me too many laughs watching him tear us out a new one tonight, without the benefit even of butter! Another case of the Storm seeing something and turning a whole career around, how I envy them for that ability. Now he is a fringe SOO player.....and we are getting a new one torn out.

Nicho wouldn’t have been the player he is now if not for the Storm and Bellamy. Shocking move by Barrett and the club to let him go but he wouldn’t have made it at our useless club anyway.

As someone mentioned letting Cust gowas the real killer. Great young half who we tried turning into a hooker because our main hooker ended up on trial and we couldn’t be bothered finding a replacement. Every time he played in the halves or even at 14 we were better for it yet somehow he ends up in England at 23 years old.

I guarantee you we’d be in a better spot if Cust was in the halves but we prioritised someone who is 10 years older and is a proven loser for the club.

Last edited:
Nicho wouldn’t have been the player he is now if not for the Storm and Bellamy. Shocking move by Barrett and the club to let him go but he wouldn’t have made it at our useless club anyway.

As someone mentioned letting Cust gowas the real killer. Great young half who we tried turning into a hooker because our main hooker ended up on trial and we couldn’t be bothered finding a replacement. Every time he played in the halves or even at 14 we were better for it yet somehow he ends up in England at 23 years old.

I guarantee you we’d be in a better spot if Cust was in the halves but we prioritised someone who is 10 years older and is a proven loser for the club.

and the fact cust also won us the nrl u/20’s comp at 7 In 2017.

We have wasted a generation 6 years on from that game so many of that close squad gone or in stabby’s case in jail.

1. Jade Anderson 2. Alfred Smalley 3. Tevita Funa 4. Semisi Kioa 5. Bilal Maarbani 6. Tom Wright 7. Cade Cust 8. Jaiden Tarrant 9. Manase Fainu 10.Elia Faatui 11. Blake Andrews 12. Josh Martin 13. Haumole Olakau'atu 15.Josh Martin 17. John Tasi Tuivaiti 19. Keith Titmuss 23. Michael Fenn

If we hang onto Nicho where does he play ?? He's behind Tommy at fullback and DCE at half. Where does he see a pathway to NRL ?? He got an opportunity at Melbourne after a couple of years biding his time, and they tapped into his talent and got the best out of him. If he stays with us he plods around at Blacktown with the occasional call up to 1's. (Although with Tommy's injury record that probably means pretty much a full time NRL gig @:D )

We have wasted a generation 6 years on from that game so many of that close squad gone or in stabby’s case in jail.

1. Jade Anderson 2. Alfred Smalley 3. Tevita Funa 4. Semisi Kioa 5. Bilal Maarbani 6. Tom Wright 7. Cade Cust 8. Jaiden Tarrant 9. Manase Fainu 10.Elia Faatui 11. Blake Andrews 12. Josh Martin 13. Haumole Olakau'atu 15.Josh Martin 17. John Tasi Tuivaiti 19. Keith Titmuss 23. Michael Fenn
Josh Martin was so good he could play in two positions at once - shame he's not in first grade now

If we hang onto Nicho where does he play ?? He's behind Tommy at fullback and DCE at half. Where does he see a pathway to NRL ?? He got an opportunity at Melbourne after a couple of years biding his time, and they tapped into his talent and got the best out of him. If he stays with us he plods around at Blacktown with the occasional call up to 1's. (Although with Tommy's injury record that probably means pretty much a full time NRL gig @:D )
Stop it with your logic - this is a place for emotionally driven hindsight.

A somber moment there reading Keith Titmuss.

Pretty obvious. 5/8th

The other thing to remember is that had Papenhuyzen not gone down injured in 2020 & last year, Nicho may not have had the opportunity to showcase his abilities at fullback & therefore not been offered the Sharks contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6