NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
RE: NHL 2013

He may be cursed but I bet he'd like some defense.

He made a lot of great saves and some truly highlight worthy first period saves. The second goal was blatant goalie interference but as we know, the 'nucks don't get a lot of those calls. And a hamhuis brainfart led to the third.

The atmosphere is seriously electric/special/fantastic.

25,000 people indoors creates a palatable environment that you can feel.

Before the game loud music pumps through the arena stirring the adrenaline reservoirs. Clips of great nuck moments, hits, goals, past heroes immerse you into the game. You can't help but feel bulletproof yourself.

The players get a huge roar when they hit the ice to warm up. Later, after the music and the announcers has pumped you up to what you think is 100%, the players hit the ice once more and the noise does some serious roof lifting.

A little kid skates around with a towel raised on his hockey stick, as per 'that' moment from the nucks coach and the noise and feeling goes to yet another level.

Both anthems are sung (usa and canada) and of course it's the Canadian anthem that gets sung with gusto. No embarrassing mumbling here - just a full on proud and excited rendition complete with the singer stopping for 2 lines to let the crowd sing by themselves (as per tradition).

The game is played at such a fast pace. TV doesn't do it justice. The shots, the hits, the green men near the penalty box, the celebs (Hi Glee fans, Rachael and beau were there) all sit on the edge of our seats.

When the first goal was scored, the instantaneous roar was fanfriggintastic. I jumped to my feet so fast I actually made myself dizzy. This is where towel power was born and perfected from the heart.
The unabashed yelling was the release of such pent up emotion of the like that, well I guess a grand final brings.

All this done with a well respected 'no d*&kheads' policy so the environment is family friendly.

This was a great night. It was a terrific game (even though the good guys lost) and if it can be experienced....I recommend you go and see a playoff game. One of my best sporting nights I've had.

Pics are mainly pre-game. You can see the towels all laid out on each chair.

IA67ALA.jpg

9AjRSCP.jpg

QXmlKey.jpg

cSK82Kf.jpg

5MzhLbT.jpg

zvL6aGT.jpg

zuegHp5.jpg

7uFcZTd.jpg

C5Z58Q2.jpg

This post was so long, you're all getting TAGGED!!!!!

@[Mals]
@[Daniel]
@[Wolfpack]

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I am happy for you to have that feeling! lol (well not happy per se, just happy I described it ok).

But don't take my puny word for it....

Here's the intro!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBtECwP6218&list=PLCc7bEm3TcfFESjNsOu30p_c7oVFLF4Y3[/video]

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
NHL 2013

Wow, looks like you had a ball GE!

Will the towels get hung up on the pool room wall now?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Mals said:
Wow, looks like you had a ball GE!

Will the towels get hung up on the pool room wall now?

Not a bad idea! You're smarter than I look!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

At a kids party no one else likes hockey :(

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Daniel said:

No friends of yours then!!

End of per.1

1-0 san jose

Again, good start by nucks, some great saves by Lu but nucks outshot too much and something had to give.

Can update after periods if ya wish.

globaleagle said:
Daniel said:

No friends of yours then!!

End of per.1

1-0 san jose

Again, good start by nucks, some great saves by Lu but nucks outshot too much and something had to give.

Can update after periods if ya wish.

End of second. Score remains 1-0.

SJ had a goal waved off because of goalie interference.

Kessler had an open net....but missed it (damn)

Lu did 1 awesome save.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

1-1!!!!!!

globaleagle said:
1-1!!!!!!

NUCKS LEAD 2-1
NUCKS LEAD 2-1
NUCKS LEAD 2-1!!!!!

10mins to go in the 3rd.

Kesler 2 goals and numerous hits on thornton! Beast unleashed.

Argggggggggggggh!

55 seconds to go, SJ with an empty net - shoot and lu goes down but no one realises it slides behind him and comes to rest 3cm outside of the goal line.

Sj player skates past and makes it 2-2.

Going to overtime people. :(

@[Daniel]

And we lose :(

Thanks to the most overpaid and inept defenseman I have ever seen - Edler. This toepod needs to stick his face in front of a cannon.

series 2-0 to SJ with the next 2 games @ SJ

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

Surely its about time we invest in some d

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Daniel said:
Surely its about time we invest in some d

But we did. Edler for 5 million a year (cap hit) for 6 years.

sigh.

I mean cerrato is playing who was in the OHL this year.

ohl - ahl - nhl!!!! two tiers down.

ahghghghghghghg

We just gotta hope the Sj tanking tag comes into effect soon. This game was a little like souffs v manly. We outplayed them, but no luck and no result.

In overtime...we hit the crossbar within the first 2 mins! But did it go in? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

bugger

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Game 3 Nucks in san jose just completed

Friggen poop on a stick. We lost 5 2. Schneider started in goal. Start of the third it was 2-1 SJ. Then 2 goals in.....8 seconds (yup, 8) and another goal 3 mins later meant schnieds out and Lu in. No more goals then with some great saves by Lu. Even SJ fans say we were ripped all night by the refs. Totally denied a penalty shot when a sj player reached into the goal and dragged the puck back. Penalties 8-2 with two 5 on 3 adv in there. Such a crappy poop storm of a game. At least when we get swept, AV shall be fired. No 'd' no guts.

@[Daniel]

edit: on my end the spoiler button looks all stuffed up....

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

urrgh well look we may still win 4 in a row :)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Daniel said:
urrgh well look we may still win 4 in a row :)

I might need those 'towel power' towels to cry into.

As Don Cherry said: Vancouver's problem isn't the goal tending...its the offense. They just aren't scoring!

Go Nucks Go.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

That is true, however D has been our issue in the playoffs year after year. Well last year it was the ansense of Sedin

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Daniel said:
That is true, however D has been our issue in the playoffs year after year. Well last year it was the ansense of Sedin

I and the rest of Vancouver agrees with you.

Don't know why AV wont play a fit Ballard. Might as well leave Cam Barker out there if the goal is to be swept.

The LA v SL Blues series is a cracker. More hits than a gangnam video.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

End of 2nd in game four.

SJ lead 2 to 1. They have had about 8 mins in power plays.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Midway through the third nucks SCORE!!! Twice in 2 mins!!!!

3-2 to nucks

Then

Then

Bieska gets a bullcrap crosschecking penalty and SJ once again score on the power play.

3-3

And now

o v e r t i m e......

(I'm just assuming you don't need spoilers as you're reading these.)

:(

Lost.

About 10 mins into overtime daniel gets an absolute b/s call for boarding. Terrible.

And no surprise on the ensuing powerplay - sj score.

Shot hit schneider then landed next to his right knee. He looked around like a stunned mullet but didn't see it. SJ dude skated past and tipped it in the net.

First sweep for sj.

What a &*^)**_%$ way to go out.

robbed

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

We need longer to warm up into a season and playoffs

Members online

Latest posts