NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: NHL: Games cancelled up to Dec 14th.

All Philadelphia teams suck. The Iggles are blowing harder than Bill Harrigan, Sixers are painfully mediocre & their star player may be gone for the year & the Flyers suck so bad they can't even play games. Then you pile on the mind numbing depression that sets in everytime Sydney FC plays & it gets pretty rough.

Sad, sad Panda indeed.

I think I'm going to have to take up other pursuits to take my mind off how awful all my teams are. I'm very into the universe right now...

NHL: Games cancelled up to Dec 14th.

I'm over the cricket season already... If only EPL games started at an Aussie friendly time...

NHL, NHLPA MAKE NO PROGRESS AFTER TALKS WITH MEDIATORS

(oops, sorry about the caps)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410527

....After arriving at another dead end in negotiations, the NHL and NHL Players' Association emerged from two days of mediation with a new direction to consider.

Commissioner Gary Bettman proposed Thursday that the leadership from both sides step aside for the next bargaining session, leaving a group of owners and players to try and break the stalemate. The specific parameters of the meeting weren't set out and the NHLPA said it would take the offer to its executive board and negotiating committee for consideration.

Bettman's proposal came with the sides unable to bridge a gap in collective bargaining negotiations despite sitting through a series of sessions with U.S. federal mediators Scot L. Beckenbaugh and John Sweeney in Woodbridge, N.J., this week.

Came across this petition the other day - created by John K. Samson (Of Propaghandi & The Weakerthans fame), an artist from Manitoba - to have Reggie Leach inducted into the HoF. A very worthy cause IMO, & I'm not just saying that because he was a member of the Broad Street Bullies!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rivertonrifle

He wrote quite a nice little song to go with it as well:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWeyl2qLIk[/video]

RE: NHL: Games cancelled up to Jan 14th

^ewww, lol

And in actual eww news: More games cancelled (to Jan 14th)

The NHL has moved one step closer to calling off another season because of a labour dispute.

Regular-season games through Jan. 14 were wiped off the schedule on Thursday afternoon, setting up a potential timeline for the the league’s collective bargaining negotiations with the NHL Players’ Association.

It was likely the final batch of games that will be cancelled during the lockout. If commissioner Gary Bettman holds true to his word that the league must play at least a 48-game schedule with playoffs ending in June, the next announcement from the league will either be a new CBA or a second cancelled season in eight years.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/cancels+games+through+moves+closer+calling+season/7728230/story.html#ixzz2FfFo9Pzg

RE: NHL: Players vote to dissolve union.

NHL players have moved a step closer to dissolving their union.

A vote of the NHL Players' Association membership this week has given their union's executive board the power to file a "disclaimer of interest" until Jan. 2. A source confirmed the vote produced more than the two-thirds of membership support needed.

The NHLPA now appears set to follow the lead set by NFL and NBA players, who both dissolved their unions during lockouts last year. The NBA's labour dispute ended less than two weeks after the union was disbanded.

The players have concluded that they are on the verge of possibly deciding that it is better not to be a union and using the anti-trust laws to attack the lockout, which all fans should be happy with because it'll work.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/12/21/sp-nhl-lockout-players-vote-in-favour-disclaimer-of-interest.html

All is quiet between the NHL and the players’ association as the lockout reaches day 100, and there was no sign the sides would talk even by phone before Christmas.

“Nothing today,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told The Associated Press in an email Sunday night. “Don’t know whether we will speak before the holiday.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1306481--nhl-lockout-no-sign-of-talks-by-christmas

Merry "puckless" Christmas! :(

RE: NHL Lockout is OVER!!!!!

A tentative agreement has been reached that will end the NHL lockout.

The league and its players association reached a deal early Sunday after a marathon 16 hours of negotiations in New York.

The 10-year collective bargaining agreement still must be ratified by the NHLPA.

No start date has been set or how many games will be played.

According to TSN Hockey Analyst Aaron Ward, part of the agreement saw the league come off their demand for $60 million cap in Year 2 of the new deal to meet the NHLPA's request to have it at $64.3 million - which was the upper limit from last year's cap.

Face to-face meetings with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh for 16 straight hours from Saturday afternoon through the early hours of Sunday morning were needed to save the season.

Bettman previously said a regular season schedule of at least 48 games had to start Jan. 19

The lockout has been the second-longest in league history, behind only the one in 2004-05 that wiped out the entire season.

:p

No Hopers League.

:cool:

No wait...edit (ah damn)

woulda been funnier if I said...

No Homers League!

(simpsons reference ftw!)

NHL Lockout is OVER!!!!!

GE - so when does the NHL season "officially" start?

Mals said:
GE - so when does the NHL season "officially" start?

For the canucks: It's this saturday, 7pm, home game against the ducks.

Now we get to see all the fans who posted incessantly about how they are never watching hockey again...all come flooding back through the turnstiles.

Also - a shame the canucks owners are offering sfa to the fans. Many teams are doing discounts etc to say 'sorry' for the lockout but not the nucks...noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Though 1 team offered 50% off 1 soft drink purchase which is more insulting than nothing.

So: HOCKEY BACK THIS WEEKEND.

(48 game season instead of 82)

edit: "Officially"

RE: NHL '13 season starts 17/01/13

A funny pic from "Luongo's fake gmail account"

This is going to be more for Dan and Wolfpack (probably real name) as you have to know about the players and Lu's trade dramas.

Anyway, enjoy and watch out for bear!

OB6M0.jpg

RE: NHL '13 season starts 17/01/13

pens v flyers
leafs v habs
ott v jets
Chicago v kings

sooooo much hockey watching today!

And in 10 minutes nucks v ducks!

RE: NHL 2013

Heh, I enjoyed that fake Luongo picture.

Just about the only thing I've enjoyed about this season so far :(. I'd say that at least there's a lot of time left, but there really isn't.

Wolfpack said:
Heh, I enjoyed that fake Luongo picture.

Just about the only thing I've enjoyed about this season so far :(. I'd say that at least there's a lot of time left, but there really isn't.

I was just waiting until I watched last night nucks v flames game before commenting.

Luckily we got a s/o victory after blowing a 2-0 lead. Schneider had 2 off the post goals so didn't do too bad.

Seeing daniel sedin take a shoot out shot was funny as it was pathetic. How can he get paid that much and be that bad at those shots?

Time for both our teams to pull their fingers out.

@[Daniel]

Guess where I was today?

lHpMv2U.jpg

Recognise!!!!!

Fine....don't recognise! :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14