• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The week off will do the Vikes good.  The Cowboys have arguably not had much quality in their opposition for weeks.  Our defensive line will be healthy and ready to scorch Romo to see if he is still flaky.  And Favre will go back to total football, llok for a lot of output from AP, Harvey and Shiancoe before going to Rice late to ice things.

I'm tipping Cards to beat Saints, Chargers over Jets and Ravens to push the Colts all the way. 

I'm going to go with a Dallas win, but only just. The Eagles were just so bad (again) so the score didn't flatter the Cowboys last week. I expect the Vikings to start strong and even to go to a good lead, but it will be the second half where they will be tested. The Cowboys showed they can mix up the defensive line and frustrate an attack, and that is where the Vikes haven't looked so good recently. I expect at least 3 good sacks on Favre and he will be feeling them. Dallas by 7. Hope I'm wrong of course for you Mata.

The Jets actually have some of the best tactics to frustrate the Chargers. A lot of running play has split San Diego and it is one of their weaknesses and the Jets back line protects the long passes that Rivers will make. Sanchez as a rookie QB also showed he has the goods. But SD has two of the best receivers in Jackson and Gates and will be hard to stop. My guess is that the Jets will get a small early lead chewing up the clock on the first half. How SD reacts will be telling but they should get away with a win by around 14.

I have only seen two games and some highlights with the Saints but you can tell they are quality. Arizona I love to watch and Fitzgerald has been a superstar for many seasons and pulls them in when no one has a right to. I didn't like the way the Cardinals let Green Bay back into the game and I can see them suffering after such a physical effort. Saints by 10.

Once again I haven't seen much of the Colts. The Ravens were just awesome against the Pats and look a real threat. They have a similar game to the Jets which can get under the skin of an opposing offense and then grab huge yards with the running game. Will the real Manning show up? I suspect so and it could be his experience that just nails it. Colts by 3 or a little more.

On those predictions that would be an allup margin bet divie of $729. Fingers crossed  ;D

Done. That divie is $617. I also did the 4 trebles on my original picks. Shame the Vikes game is on Monday for you but it will be early, just after 5.00 am kickoff. Then I will settle in for the big, big game mid-morning :)

ManlyBacker link said:
Shame the Vikes game is on Monday for you but it will be early, just after 5.00 am kickoff. Then I will settle in for the big, big game mid-morning :)
  Might have to be a video job and watch Monday night.  An RDO on the day of the Super Bowl may be in order if they get that far.

The Vikes may dispose of the Cowboys but what an ask to get past those Saints. A huge and competent effort today from NO. The first minutes after they were hit with a Cardinal TD in the first play it was obvious they really meant business and they just kept going on with it. Good luck tomorrow morning Mata - Favre for 5 TDs and a personal high in throws :)

The most remarkable thing about the Saints was how their offensive line dismantled the Cardinals defence.  They had options everywhere.  Will they do it to the Vikings Pro-Bowl DL though (assuming we make it to New Orleans)?

Terrible second game. The Colts are going to have to improve massively to get to or win the SB on that effort. Their D was very good and Manning was clearly the difference, but the Ravens were so bad it should have been by 50. Go Chargers!

I reckon the NFC teams could produce this year's champion.  IT's their turn.  When I started following NFL in the 80s the NFC teams were on a big roll, but recently the AFC has had the whip hand.

34-3, too easy.  Sets up a mouth watering encounter vs Saints next week.  Would be great for the Chargers to get up so both Conference play-offs are a 1 vs 2 scenario.

Congrats Mata. Vikings were super impressive. Their D was just awesome and Rice was simply fantastic in pulling in the passes. It is a very even match up between them and the Saints and it will be the game of the year for the Championship.

Then we come to my lot. Dominated the first half but only got 7 points. Then it was the SD that I know and hate from then on. Simply atrocious and it is over for another year. Norm is going to have to face an inquisition after that effort.

I agree on the NFC. If one of them doesn't win SB by 20 then I will be hugely surprised.

Yeah, hard luck MB.  Didn't see the game but keep half an eye on nfl.com and the play by play.  Just when they seemed to be getting back into it Rivers threw an intercept and then Jets scored on a long run play?  The Jets have over achieved and may be easy pickings for the Colts, but they will then go into a SB with little tough football under their belt.

The concern for the Vikes is Allen got banged up late in the game.  We need him next week to put some pass rush heat on the Saints offense. 

I'm still coming to grips about what a debacle that was. Two missed FGs and that could have been the win. God I hate being a supporter sometimes. SD is a bit like Manly - when they are bad you just get that sickening feeling that they are going to throw it away.

Best thing for the Vikes was that Cowboys and Romo weren't slouches. There was real pressure but they controlled it and dominated. It is a shame that the NFC game isn't the actual SB. I also wouldn't write the Jets off either - but you would think it will be the Colts that go through but they weren't impressive.

Here is the latest betting (not that it means much):

1. NEW YORK JETS  $3.85     
2. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS  $1.27 
line 7.5pts

1. MINNESOTA VIKINGS  $2.67 
2. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS  $1.49
line 4.5 pts 

The Vikes are mighty tempting at those odds.  If the Vikes DL come out firing then Brees is going to have a very tough afternoon.  The game is going to come down to whether NO will score or not, because the Vikings have the offensive firepower to at least get 20 points against them.  As mentioned, the Saints OL won the game for them yesterday, but will they shred the Shock and AWWE like they did the Cardinals?

So glad for One Digital - first time I have been able to watch both Championship games since I was in the States at this time, many years ago.

Colts were very good against Jets though they had to work hard. The NFC game has been a great shootout. Anyone's game in the last quarter. Don't know how Favre keeps taking the hits. If the Saints D had any brains they would have this one wrapped up!!!~

I can only go on the stats but it seems the Vikes dominated everywhere but the scoreboard.  Nearly twice the number of first downs, running and passing metres and much more time in possession.  Damn the coin toss at the start of OT.

They had their chances but turnovers, fumbles and one very bad interception cost the Vikes. They should have won it.

Colts will win comfortably in what I saw today. Their defence was the best of the four on show and Manning has a lot to offer.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8