• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Mighty Vikings go 6-0 on the back of a 40 year old Brett Favre throwing bullets.  Would be a fairytale story if he takes them all the way, quite possible with a once in a generation running back to palm off to.

Damn Vikings, I had some money on the Ravens that game.. And geeez it was close in the end!

My team the Chargers are off to a bad start but come up against arch foe Broncos today. A chance to turn it around. It has been an interesting season so far. Vikings have been a surprise for sure and Favre has made a difference, but Brees is the pick of the QBs.

Matabele link said:
Mighty Vikings go 6-0 on the back of a 40 year old Brett Favre throwing bullets.  Would be a fairytale story if he takes them all the way, quite possible with a once in a generation running back to palm off to.

unfortunately there will be that one game that takes out all of his reserve. Be great to see don't get me wrong, but if last year and the year before that showed us anything...

I wouldn't say the Vike's position is a surprise.  They've been building nicely for years, have a great RB, the purple people eater defence is back (though they need to do something about their 4th quarter fade outs) and at the moment Favre is making the big plays when they're needed.  The final minute drive against the 49ers would still those that put the choker claim on him.

I'm trying to get into it this year thinking the eagles are the way to go it makes it easier

It takes so long for a game to get going, and there is no real flow and very little chance for the game to turn on a dime like rugby league etc.....too much structure is boring

Not a big watcher of the game, but heard some expert on the radio pre season saying he like the look of the Giants, so went and chucked $5 on them

Think they are 5-1 at the mo, any of you here think they can go all the way ?

Dan link said:
It takes so long for a game to get going, and there is no real flow and very little chance for the game to turn on a dime like rugby league etc.....too much structure is boring

The only way to watch is to record and FF through the ads and slow bits. As for a game turning quickly - San Diego got hammered by two special team return plays for TDs (from a punt kick and a kick-off), both of which had me reaching for a bottle of strong medicine. When they play poorly any NFL game is very painful, but when on song it can be terrific.

Dan's right in pointing out the game is structured around maximising advertising opportunities.  Much like cricket really.

The Giants would have to be a chance this year.  The AFC teams seem to have dominated Super Bowls over the last 15 years (before that it was all NFC, thanks to the Buffalo Bills).  But the Giants would have to be one of the NFC teams strongly favoured to make the big dance, though I notice the current favourites for the NFC championship are the vikings.  :)

The best thing about NFL, each player is involved every play, every player has to be performing there duty or there are consequences.

BTW, if i wasn't such a strong cowboys supporter i would be liking the Giants. My favourite play ever is E Manning in the pocket shruggin off guys litually twice his weight to throw a ball caught by a guys hand and head. love it!

Steelers have had a slow start but are still a team to beat. Star secondary defender Palomalu will be back soon and they have a good all round offence. The two games they have dropped have all come from missed field goals and a fumble or two. They will be hard to beat again.

Steelers have home ground advantage and the Vikes are probably due a loss.  We shall see.  If Peterson gets hot it should be a good game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4