Next Week v Eels: Have Some Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I was a Parra fan and they don’t put 50 on us I would be disappointed.

I read last week Blake Ferguson hasn’t scored a try this season, that will change this week with a trifecta.
If Sivo is getting 4 , and Ferguson 3 whose bagging the other 5 because I reckon they’ll put between 50-60 on us.

If Sivo is getting 4 , and Ferguson 3 whose bagging the other 5 because I reckon they’ll put between 50-60 on us.

Probably their hooker and half...just to rub it in.

- though I don't think they'll put that many on us. Or is it hope? I dunno - go Manly!

If we defend like we did against the Knights our defence can be good enough. Eels score very basic tries, almost carbon copies. Reckon we'll be better in defence. Attack is my main concern
We need to be better in defence as we have had 88 points scored against us in the past 3 weeks.
I feel this game is gonna be a humiliating defeat. The eels by 50

Let’s face it we have zero chance of winning SO how can we make it as hard as possible for them to not do a cricket score on us??

Limiting the bloodshed to under 30 nil should be the game plan.

Because if we just play like last week I fear one of those very VERY ugly score lines , you know the Bronco’s type ones.

Yes ,VERY ugly.

Tend to agree Mark. I will be surprised...and very disappointed... if we lose by 50. I would suspect the players will get their defence in order. But I can still see Manly losing by 10-20 points, because they don't have to points in them to compete with a more attacking team full of confidence. Hopefully, Des will finally start to make some major backline changes...we can only hope.

Our backline can't stop Sivo or Gutho...... not a chance.

Sivo finishes because of space provided by their forwards and halves. They are the ones we need to stop. Especially Campbell-Gillard and N Brown, we need to bury them and drive them back. And bowling ball Paulo offloads at will, we need to put an end to that outlandish behaviour.

Sivo finishes because of space provided by their forwards and halves. They are the ones we need to stop. Especially Campbell-Gillard and N Brown, we need to bury them and drive them back. And bowling ball Paulo offloads at will, we need to put an end to that outlandish behaviour.
That’s what I’m alluding to mate , we can’t beat them but how can we limit the damage they’ll do.

I’d be over the moon with say 24-6 and the boys defending well.

They’ll never hold them completely but would’ve good to not get flogged 60 to 4

We need to be better in defence as we have had 88 points scored against us in the past 3 weeks.
I feel this game is gonna be a humiliating defeat. The eels by 50
While that is one million percent true re defence, I don't think it would surprise me if we kept with the eels or even beat them. We turn up with a good attitude and attack with more offloads and whatnot like we started last week and we can make it a low scoring grind and break them. They only scraped past the knights last week like we did and we weren't neccessarily playing well. We'll only get thrashed if we don't start with any confidence (aka defeatist mindset). It will be a psychological game more than a phsical one this.

Our defence is astronomically differeny on a dry track and when we generate confidence

A variety of factors play into our recent form, poor attack, injuries, fatigue, weather, hot-running opposition. We were bound for this breakdown but we still have a side that is strong enough mentally (on their day) to grind away any side

This will tell you how the mighty have fallen.

Tabsports...

Manly to win head to head is paying $3.80 (way to short in my opinion). Eels by 19+ is paying $3.
By the way....Manly by 19+...$15. For the fiscally irresponsible amongst us.

Parra will be way over confidant and try to play touch footy. It rarely happens when thrashings are predicted. Manly by 4.

I have a few idea's starting with running the football and actually having support - bodies in motion...
The reason Manly seem SOOO slow in the ruck where its won and lost, is not just losing the collision, but running solo is a red flag at a bull allowing a cluster of defenders to shut down the runner and control the speed in the middle.
This Eels attack will roll that middle in numbers and look for 2nd phase all day, IF this happens the scoreline could be cricket proportions.
Would love to say we need to improve the kicking game, but this has obviously been seen by the Manly coaches who have been unable to improve this area, with Jake always the target on 5 to try win a speedy play ball to kick on the front foot...but possibly the worst kicking game in the NRL atm and the chase is not much better.
How about this.....bring in some enthusiastic, faster young players and lets see what happens, its 1 thing to stick with experienced players because you know what they deliver...and that we have, so lets bring 2-3 changes, the upside offers far more than the downside...

I genuinely cannot see Des picking rookies/debuts for the game against Parra. Parra are at the peak of their powers and could realistically put a score on us. This week is not the week to throw 'lambs to the slaughter'. However I do believe Des will give a couple of new guys a run in the next 2 -3 weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4