Next Week v Eels: Have Some Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Call me lame, a coward not a true supporter whatever you like but my very best mate ( since our first day at school when we were 5) is an Eels supporter so next week it’s phone off, and do whatever not watching !!

For 35 years I’ve absolutely been giving it to him , text messages, phone calls , memes ( and when he’s ignored those I’ve actually sent him a card in the mail) and boy oh boy aren’t I copping it now AND he can’t wait for next week.

Personally I think it will be 50+ so I’m going to have to hide for a while after the game as well.

I’m dreading the thought of it to be honest.

As I say to Parramatta fans - you have to win a premiership before mouthing off, not be leading the comp after 9 rounds. All things being equal, I think the Eels are miles behind the Roosters. I know as Manly fans we would still be cautious in Parramatta's current position. They're getting ahead of themselves.

Call me lame, a coward not a true supporter whatever you like but my very best mate ( since our first day at school when we were 5) is an Eels supporter so next week it’s phone off, and do whatever not watching !!

For 35 years I’ve absolutely been giving it to him , text messages, phone calls , memes ( and when he’s ignored those I’ve actually sent him a card in the mail) and boy oh boy aren’t I copping it now AND he can’t wait for next week.

Personally I think it will be 50+ so I’m going to have to hide for a while after the game as well.

I’m dreading the thought of it to be honest.

Pssh, I was a year off high school at age 5! sheesh.

Anyway... I'd do the same as you as in phone off etc. Will tune in though just to see how all the talk we'll get this week transpires onto the field.

I find the suggestion of moving DCE interesting. I wouldn't move him but if I had to, it would not be to hooker. Rather, it would be FB. In our backline at present with Tom missing, he is probably the fastest and most positionally aware. Can tackle too. Just tell him to push up and support the ball carrier.

Sporting teams are dealers of hope. Des needs to give us some hope for the future this weekend by blooding at least one of Schuster or Hoppa.

More of the latter I reckon, lol.

Porque no los dos?

d'oh, you deleted, you want me to as well?
It's OK - I was just being a smart arse and thought I was not really adding to the conversation. Besides, in the 'real world', my attempts at humour have fallen spectacularly flat lately....

I was all for changes for last night's game but bringing the new kids in against a brute force team like Parra is not the way to go. For this week, let's just rearrange those deckchairs on this maroon and white titanic.

Sivo will run riot over our mob again ........ 4 tries minimum.

Eels will be complacent.
Des will have a plan for Manly to win but believe it or not winning the game won't be our only focus. Des's plans are not limited to one game at a time or not even one season at a time.
We may lose (yeah I know it is rather likely, lol) but I want to see a Manly team step up and do something we can build on.
I was surprised Des made late changes against the Dragons, not for the first time this year either, so I expect another one or 2 this week.
Mainly we need to get our heads on and cut our the weird errors. I think they are a sign that the team is floundering mentally and no wonder with so many big guns on the sideline. Time to settle down, get in the grind and give these arrogant Eels some hurry up!

To be honest I’m sick of hearing that Hoppa & Schuster are not ready for 1st grade coz they’re young! Are Bradman Best, Xavier Coates, Charlie Staines etc too young? There are many others just as young playing 1st grade & have brought excitement to the teams they play for. How the hell do the coaching staff justify selecting the same certain players every week for the same zero results! Croker, Levi, Gosiewski, need to be rested!!! With the current injuries & suspensions I would be prepared to name the following team for the game next week against the Worms......
Hoppa
Funa
Parker
Suli
Jorge
Schuster
DCE
Marty
Cust
Sipley
Thompson
Siro
Jake
Res: Waddell, Paseka, Olakau’atu, Keppie
Siro can cover halves if needed, Cust has to play 80......time to grow some balls & bite the bullet!

You lost me when you moved the Australian Halfback to hooker so you could play 2 reserve graders in the halves
They will remain reserve graders until they make a debut. The fact that they haven't made their debut at this club does not mean they are not good enough for first grade. i wouldn't be moving DCE to hooker either.

I was all for changes for last night's game but bringing the new kids in against a brute force team like Parra is not the way to go. For this week, let's just rearrange those deckchairs on this maroon and white titanic.

I am a 'baptism of fire' is good for development kind of guy. Sink or swim!
It may be a different sport but being beaten up and bullied early is what made Steve Waugh the player he became. He was dropped a few times. The only risk is I tend to believe that young guys these days are a bit more mentally fragile than they were in the past.
Can these youngsters actually do any worse than the players there at the moment? And the upside is beneficial for the future, rather than just continue with what is not working. I just look back to about 1993 when they pulled the trigger and gave Menzies, Kosef, Elsegood, Hoppa, Chris Ryan and Danny Moore a chance. Two years later...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8