Next Week v Eels: Have Some Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those old enough. Remember when we beat Parra 64-12 back in 1988. Well that's about to come back and bite us on the arse

Albert Hopoate
Garrick
Suli
Funa
Taufua
Schuster
DCE
Jake T
Sironen
Thompson
Taupau
Cust
Boyle

Metcalf
Olakau'atu
Gossie
Williams

This side then has Hopa, Schuster, Cust, DCE, Sironen, Metcalf and Tony Williams who know how to break the line. Suli and Funa will impress more especially with Hopa chiming into the backline

Last edited:
Our backline is a mess. About the only realistic change I can see is Schuster in at 5/8; certainly in the 17.
While we can't score points via our backs perhaps we can cause some havoc in the forwards. So why not go BIG or go home?
Tent, Croker (hooker), Kapow
Sirronen, Thompson, Jake
Reserves: Keppi, Guaca, Saddler (big boppers), Cust (helping out as hooker, 5/8 and utility back).
Let's give our normal second rowers some rest after the initial period and bring on Guacca and Saddler as enforcers. Yes, we'll be immobile but at least we might bruise a few.
No one expects us to be competitive so let's see how much ticker our big reserves show.

Screenshot_20200713-135617_Samsung Internet.jpg
this is the state of the competition. Duds like gutho Johnson and kids like harry grant are on top. Fmd this years competition is piss weak. parra on top is the ultimate proof
Ps gutho dally m leader. LOL what a **** show

For those old enough. Remember when we beat Parra 64-12 back in 1988. Well that's about to come back and bite us on the arse

Remember it ? I was there.....with 4 Worm supporters. And I drove so they couldn't leave.

Ahhhh, good times.

Let's do some analysis here.

Our forwards did as much they possibly could. Defence was OK, with Levi and Croker below par, but with Paseka having a better game.

All tries were scored through the backs or halves;
1st. (despite a blatant forward pass), ran over Elliott
2nd. intercept via DCE
3rd. (kick) through Elliott and Taufua
4th. outside Parker (although short on the wing due toTaufua's sin bin)
5th. intercept via Cust
6th. (kick) Elliott not home

Lots of other factors contributed, but summing up, Elliott is not a FB, possibly a centre only and the halves had a bad game with 2 intercepts thrown.

Where do we go next week, without replacing the whole backline with untried youngsters (still no 1st grade, or for some even 2nd).

My choice would be Funa at FB, where he at least had some experience in Canterbury Cup. He can catch a ball in the air and he has a better positional knowledge than Garrick or Elliott.

Shuffle the forwards around however you like but start with;

1. Funa
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Elliott (his best position)
5. Suli (v. the Eels big wingers)
6. Cust (at least he is trying)
7. DCE (can't get any worse)

View attachment 14816this is the state of the competition. Duds like gutho Johnson and kids like harry grant are on top. Fmd this years competition is piss weak. parra on top is the ultimate proof
Ps gutho dally m leader. LOL what a **** show
Disagree
Good teams share the votes while good players stand out in weaker teams.

Think this is the most competitive the top end of table has been for years
Some damn good sides at the moment now that Parra and Penrith have been added to the usual suspects and Knights improving.

Disagree
Good teams share the votes while good players stand out in weaker teams.

Think this is the most competitive the top end of table has been for years
Some damn good sides at the moment now that Parra and Penrith have been added to the usual suspects and Knights improving.
Theres only 3 good teams in the comp
Roosters storm panthers in that order. The eels are a joke without leg ups and constant home games they would be about 7th or 8th. Closest its been? Its a joke of a competition and has been for years.. they just love gutto so they throw points at him. Like sCam! How many times he won man of the match in origin when i watched those games and witnessed many players play better then him yet..... if you haven't figured out this competition is a joke by now you never will i guess.. ignorace is bliss

Let's do some analysis here.

Our forwards did as much they possibly could. Defence was OK, with Levi and Croker below par, but with Paseka having a better game.

All tries were scored through the backs or halves;
1st. (despite a blatant forward pass), ran over Elliott
2nd. intercept via DCE
3rd. (kick) through Elliott and Taufua
4th. outside Parker (although short on the wing due toTaufua's sin bin)
5th. intercept via Cust
6th. (kick) Elliott not home

Lots of other factors contributed, but summing up, Elliott is not a FB, possibly a centre only and the halves had a bad game with 2 intercepts thrown.

Where do we go next week, without replacing the whole backline with untried youngsters (still no 1st grade, or for some even 2nd).

My choice would be Funa at FB, where he at least had some experience in Canterbury Cup. He can catch a ball in the air and he has a better positional knowledge than Garrick or Elliott.

Shuffle the forwards around however you like but start with;

1. Funa
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Elliott (his best position)
5. Suli (v. the Eels big wingers)
6. Cust (at least he is trying)
7. DCE (can't get any worse)
Mate the fact is we cant score points and the eels can and will. We are like the dogs side in Desmond's last year. Wont score many points at all. The eels will outlast our little 20 minute open stint then start to pick us apart. Too many weak ****s in our side parker elliot garrick hopeless in returning the ball.. suli is useless as well. 1 try all year LOL@manly

DCE at dummy half is a joke. Was great v newcastle and multiple other games (chooks, raiders to name a few)... now we want to move him to 9? Had a shocker, let him get over it and bounce back like he often does as he’s the veteran now.

We do need change tho. Metcalf or young hoppa need to be in the 1, we won’t win any games with people who can’t attack i.e. Elliott. Also Jorge needs to go, at least Funa has pace and doesn’t come off his wing.
1 Metcalf / Hopoate 2 Funa 3 Parker / Hopoate 4 Suli 5 Garrick 6 Cust 7 DCE
14 Schuster (To play 2row/6 depending on how game is going)
Croker is a reserve grader. He can’t be in the 17 anymore.
I don’t mind the Jake at prop call, however I do think Keppie is a gun and deserves good time. Marty needs to play 60 minutes in AFB absence.
8 Jake 9 Dockar-Clay (why did we get rid of Ipape?) 10 Taupau 11 Thompson 12 Olakau’atu 13 Sironen (he has beefed up in defense, could handle middle and help Jake distribute the ball)
bench 15 Waddell 16 Keppie 17 Paseka

We are getting an L against parra anyways so now is time for Des to look 4 straight losses in the eyes and experiment with a youngster at Fullback. Our only hopes of winning games is Metcalf or Hopoate taking the opportunity with both hands. God knows they probably cant be worse than Elliott

We aint got no Cliffy Lyons anymore. I remember he tore them apart. I reckon Cliffy would still give us some value now...

Mate the fact is we cant score points and the eels can and will. We are like the dogs side in Desmond's last year. Wont score many points at all. The eels will outlast our little 20 minute open stint then start to pick us apart. Too many weak ****s in our side parker elliot garrick hopeless in returning the ball.. suli is useless as well. 1 try all year LOL@manly
Why can't we get a big Fijian winger? Every other club seems to have one...

This is actually a concern hahaha! who does he line up against, Garrick or Taufua? I mean, neither is a good prospect of stopping him are they....
I was at Bank West when they smacked us last year we were sitting just above where he scored so many tries. That Sivo chant still brings me nightmares ...... ****en hate it.

Theres only 3 good teams in the comp
Roosters storm panthers in that order. The eels are a joke without leg ups and constant home games they would be about 7th or 8th. Closest its been? Its a joke of a competition and has been for years.. they just love gutto so they throw points at him. Like sCam! How many times he won man of the match in origin when i watched those games and witnessed many players play better then him yet..... if you haven't figured out this competition is a joke by now you never will i guess.. ignorace is bliss
Settle down champ
Parra are a good team who won’t win the comp.So what ! Gutho puts more effort in each week than a lot of our guys. He’s a top class player now. Not elite but classy.

Btw Don’t watch it then if it’s a joke
I enjoy it under the new rules and most people I know do. Game has been revitalised under Vlandys.
If we were top two it would be best comp in years no doubt

Last edited:
If I was a Parra fan and they don’t put 50 on us I would be disappointed.

I read last week Blake Ferguson hasn’t scored a try this season, that will change this week with a trifecta.

Why can't we get a big Fijian winger? Every other club seems to have one...

I can't do much about a winger but I am sure I can arrange a big Fijian Hooker for Ya............

Seriously I know what you mean, doesn't even need to be Fijian, though not sure they would get any ball out there at the moment. Jorge can still do some damage, he doesn't get many opportunities with good ball these days.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6