News: Zorba - Harden up or ship out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts link said:
It's wrong
  Yes, it is.  And it is said the character of a man spills over in the heat of battle.  And Slater has been exposed as an oafish, knuckle-dragging dick head.  And Zorba's crime is worse for writing this article outside of any heat of battle. 

Duff link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182811.msg256967#msg256967 date=1269495338]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182811.msg256964#msg256964 date=1269494655]
The difference is that you control your mind.

Patterson could have just laughed at him & told him to \"stand up when you talk to me\". Or something like that. His choice.

A physical attack is a problem because someone else determines what happens to your body. If they hit your nose, it will break. No choice.

If he's open about his problem, he obvoiusly isn't ashamed of it. So why would he take offence to someone making themselves look like a dick?
If this was true then there would be no need for anti-bullying campaigns. 
[/quote]

What has bullying got to do with it?

Bullying is physical violence or threats thereof. It's not what people say that bothers you at school. Or your school was soft.
[/quote]

Your entire arguement has missed the point, its slator so you should be attacking him like every other manly supporter irrelevant of what you feel on the matter.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=182811.msg257013#msg257013 date=1269519086]
It's wrong
  Yes, it is.  And it is said the character of a man spills over in the heat of battle.  And Slater has been exposed as an oafish, knuckle-dragging dick head.  And Zorba's crime is worse for writing this article outside of any heat of battle. 
[/quote]

I think we agree on most parts.  I guess I am just a little more lenient on someone who throws a off the cuff comment in a footy game than someone who might make these comments/taunts on a regular basis.  As for Slater, I dont know about him being exposed, I think this just confirmed he is an A grade tool.   

Slater has a lot of form, you're right.  And he gets away with murder (potentially literally).  And I sincerely hope this rubbish written by Zorba went out under a press release from his Neanderthal radio station and not under the guise of our club.

Oh FFS! Zorba needs to pull his head in & realise that his views are so outdated.
As a Registered Nurse, I see the effects that physical injuries and mental illness has on people. Mental illness is something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!
You can see when people have had a physical injury but you can't always see when someone has been inflicted with a mental illness such as depression. It has been swept under the carpet for far too long with many suicides directly related to depression.
Men were historically expected to just suck it up and get on with life no matter what they had going on. Thankfully society has come along on leaps and bounds since the dim dark ages that Zorba is going on about!
I have never been involved with a Male who has suicided from a physical injury but have been involved with a few that have done so due to depression!
You people who don't agree should change places with me and do a few shifts in the Psychiatric Ward!
It takes a bigger man to come out and admit that he has suffered depression than you will ever know........

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6