News: Zorba - Harden up or ship out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Goat-shagger, wog, dago, greaseball - I was called the lot and worse during my time playing rugby league. And it was all water off a Greek lamb's back.</p>
<p>I agree with Joey Johns when he says the furore surrounding Billy Slater's sledging of Newcastle forward Cory Paterson over his mental illness is just political correctness gone mad.<noscript></noscript></p>
<p>What goes on out on the field should stay there.</p>
<p>If Paterson has got such thin skin, he needs to get out of the game.</p>
<p>It's a man's game played by men. We've become pussycats.</p>
<p>And for the feline lovers out there, yes, I'm into sledging cats too.</p>
<p>Anything said on the field goes in my book – whether it be about a bloke's race, his marital situation, his sexuality, his weight, his lack of hair.</p>
<p>If you can't hack it then go and put on a skirt and play netball.</p>
<p>Yes, a sexist remark. Won't the hairy arm-pitted feminists come after me now!</p>
<p>I am woman, hear me bore.</p>
<p>Slater's rehearsed apology via a club-issued statement was pathetic.</p>
<p>Thanks to this ridiculous PC world in which we now live, the Storm felt compelled to act and make Billy confess his sins.</p>
<p>There was an incident a few weeks ago in an under-16 game where one black front-rower called another black front-rower a 'black c..t'.</p>
<p>Do you know where that went? It went to the human rights commission.</p>
<p>Unbelievable.</p>
<p>What would have happened had it been two white boys and one had called the other a 'white c..t'?</p>
<p>Exactly. Nothing.</p>
<p>We have gone way over the top with this bulls..t.</p>
<p>If you're black, you're black and if you're white, you’re white.</p>
<p>Talking of BS, I still can’t believe Manly's not sitting on two competition points.</p>
<p>Brett Favre's pass - ah sorry, Kris Keating's pass – to Joel Reddy was so forward it knocked the pie out of the hand of a bloke sitting in the third row.</p>
<p>The Bengal Lancer who presided over that shocking decision – touchie Gavin Reynolds – will have more time to visit OPSM after being dumped, but that won’t do anything to appease Manly fans.</p>
<p>I think the time has come to replace NRL referees' boss Robert Finch and get someone in there who's actually blown a whistle in their life.</p>
<p>Finch is a nice enough bloke but he sounds like my old Greek mate Pythagoras when he tries to explain how a five-metre forward pass was actually not as bad as it looked because of the angle of the hands at the point of release and the aerodynamics of the ball and the positioning of the sun in relation to the moon.</p>
<p>My blind grandmother knew that pass was forward – and she's been dead for 25 years!</p>
<p>Souths were the other team I felt sorry for in Round 2.</p>
<p>They fought and fought and fought to get in a winning position against Gold Coast only for some pedantic refereeing to rob them.</p>
<p>Anyway, time to talk my favourite subject – money.</p>
<p>Put a few drachmas on this all-up: Dragons, Storm, Sea Eagles, Titans, Broncos into the Rabbitohs.</p>
<p>You can thank me now or later, I don't mind.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4658-zorba-harden-up-or-ship-out.html">Read the full article</a>

Bengal Lancer is rhyming slang for Chancer (someone not qualified).
Never heard of it myself but that was the google result.

"If you can't hack it then go and put on a skirt and play netball."
That was my first thought. If anyone thinks there isn't niggle and sledging out there they are dreaming. Still, I draw the line on blatant racist remarks and don't agree with Zorba on that point. Almost everyone I know would consider "black c**t" going too far, and not because they are black or white - it is just seriously offensive. Next we will be approving of monkey gestures. Nah, can't cop it.

Yes this is an example of Zorba showing his vintage. Times have changed, and the old attitudes to racism (that it's natural) & mental illness (it doesn't exist) can't be condoned. Players will still use those sledges but they should be exposed when they do, not so much to humiliate them but to raise everyone's awareness. Inappropriate for Zorba to say that as he is a spokesman for the club. Makes you wonder if our players are encouraged to carry on like that. Mr Lowe ...?

Zorba's a dick head, knuckle dragger if this is genuinely his stance.  If a fellow was playing with one arm, he'd be treated as a hero for beating the odds to take the field and Slater sledging him would probably see him sidelined for months.

This kind of inane bull**** is very counter productive to people struggling with this disease.  It's the last thing they need.

Hang your head in shame Zorba.

Dude, that wasn't very classy at all.  He just sounded like an army general from world war II with a buzzcut, cigar out the side of his mouth and a bayonet up his a$$

I thought he was our media manager, projecting a positive image of the club to the world.

Was this published, and where?  I hope it is under the guise of his radio station and does not go out on the Manly letterhead.

Anyone remember when John Brogden tried to kill himself after copping a (justified) hammering while privately dealing with depression?  That's what could easily have happened with Paterson, only it would be worse because they knew his situation. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7