News: Zorba - Harden up or ship out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
\"Kris Keating's pass – to Joel Reddy was so forward it knocked the pie out of the hand of a bloke sitting in the third row\"

^ I thought niccipops was a chick.

PS: Dont worry Nutz, I got your joke.

I wonder if zorba would be saying the same if oposing players began calling Stewy "rapist" or alike.

Whilst there is an element of truth in what Zorba is saying - Rugby League is a hard and tough game for men - he also needs to realise that societal attitudes have changed. I abhor political correctness but issues such as group sex, racial vilification and homophobia have no place in the modern game. Society has changed, the market has changed and League Clubs need to move with the time. On this one, he has misread the market.

I do not agree with what Zorba is saying but the fact is things are said in the heat of the moment.  I know I have said things I regret in the past and I am sure footy players do the same thing.  The issue here is Slater has past form.  My understanding is Slater said something like "why dont you have a cry about it".  If that is the case it is a massive over reaction by the media, which is no shock.  The matter should have been left on the field.  This sort of stuff does not need to be played out in the media. 

Steve Gigg is the football manager, I think Zorb is sort of a "part time" Media person, I think he just does the Sea Eagles news which is handed out at the game. He's a good guy, I know him reasonably well but I agree this is a throwback to the 1970's and times have changed (rightly or wrongly is your own view).

Personally I don't agree with what he is stating, as I say great for 1970, terrible for 2010.

Embarrassing to say the least

I can not believe a paid official from the club would come out with something like this.

Amateur hour all over

You bunch of pretenders. Bollocks you're offended by that.

Good on ya Zorb.

In a game where blokes are physically beating the living p1ss out of each other, how can a few words possibly be of concern?

I'm not racist, sexist or any other "ist" but I do find all this PC stuff just too much.

Sticks & stones, people.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=182811.msg256756#msg256756 date=1269413497]
\"Kris Keating's pass – to Joel Reddy was so forward it knocked the pie out of the hand of a bloke sitting in the third row\"

^ I thought niccipops was a chick.

PS: Dont worry Nutz, I got your joke.
[/quote] Chicks are allowed to cross dress you know. There's nothing I like more than wearing stubbies and fake stubble and eating pies while crotch scratching at the footy.

Duff link said:

Good on ya Zorb.

In a game where blokes are physically beating the living p1ss out of each other, how can a few words possibly be of concern?

I'm not racist, sexist or any other \"ist\" but I do find all this PC stuff just too much.

Sticks & stones, people.

The point is some people would be offended by what Zorba said

As an official of the club he needs to take that into account.

Think of well run sporting teams. Can you imagine Man United saying something that could alienate their fans?

lsz link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182811.msg256899#msg256899 date=1269481200]

Good on ya Zorb.

I'm not racist, sexist or any other \"ist\" but I do find all this PC stuff just too much.

Sticks & stones, people.

Think of well run sporting teams. Can you imagine Man United saying something that could alienate their fans?
[/quote]

quit while your ahead Isz, there is no point explaining your position to Duff or anyone else that agrees with Zorba. either you believe what Slater did was wrong or you think people with depression should harden up, one or the other.

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=182811.msg256921#msg256921 date=1269486702]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182811.msg256899#msg256899 date=1269481200]

Good on ya Zorb.

Sticks & stones, people.

[/quote]

quit while your ahead Isz, there is no point explaining your position to Duff or anyone else that agrees with Zorba. either you believe what Slater did was wrong or you think people with depression should harden up, one or the other.
[/quote]

Your missing the point Terror.

I probably have more concern, empathy & sympathy towards people than most. I just don't think big boys should be upset by words.

If someones actions are offensive, I'm offended. If someones attitudes are offensive, I'm offended. If someones words are offensive, I have a good old laugh & think it's pretty funny. That's all.

If Slater really means what he said because he's a callous individual, that's bad, mmkay. But if he just saw an opening to get under the skin of an opponant, that's the recipients choice of whether to take the bait.

Duff, one of the great triggers of depressive episodes is societal flippancy and misunderstanding of introversion.  What Slater did is tantamount to Gallen digging his fingers in the wound of an opponent to rip his stitches.  How many weeks did he get for that?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4