News: Sea Eagles and Bears - just like old times

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SCHOOLS in Berowra and Asquith have no problems accepting Sea Eagles players as part of next year’s NRL One Community Carnival.

read more:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/schools-in-for-manly/

These bears  have always been a pain in the ass for us , i hope they never get in the comp.

When told of the schools’ stance, North Sydney juniors coach Kevin Nicholls did not waver in his belief that the Sea Eagles are “encroaching on our area”.
“The boundaries are set by the NSWRL and Manly’s finishes at the Spit Bridge.”
so he really doesn't know which way Berowra/Asquith are

With all the chest beating that Norths do about looking after juniors in the North Shore, I've been told that some of the remaining clubs aren't happy with how Norths do it - apparently a lot is favoured towards North Sydney Brothers.

Who knows we might pick up a couple of junior clubs

No great surprise there Ant, that association would go back a very long way. I'm sure a lot of their oldtime players, i.e. Ken Irvine, went to that school.

So, if the CC Bears fail to re-enter the NRL in it's latest bid, I wonder how long it will take for all those old North Sydney supporters to come out screaming that it was all Manly's fault that they didn't make the cut.

Jethro link said:
So, if the CC Bears fail to re-enter the NRL in it's latest bid, I wonder how long it will take for all those old North Sydney supporters to come out screaming that it was all Manley's fault that they didn't make the cut.
G'day Jethro,
I don't think they have ever forgiven us for their demise. So I can't see things changing to much in the future.
As for there bid... I can sort of understand the desire for readmission but to claim all the juniors from Milsons Point to Lake Munmorah seems more than a little audacious.
Just who do they wish to represent North Sydney or the Central Coast?

G'day manlyborn
The bears have only got them selves to blame for there demise and not us sea eagles , they  hadnt won a comp for the last 100 years and they coudnt run there club properly for the last 100 years as well.  Stuff the bears

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=186074.msg308542#msg308542 date=1291423919]

So, if the CC Bears fail to re-enter the NRL in it's latest bid, I wonder how long it will take for all those old North Sydney supporters to come out screaming that it was all Manley's fault that they didn't make the cut.

G'day Jethro,
I don't think they have ever forgiven us for their demise. So I can't see things changing to much in the future.
As for there bid... I can sort of understand the desire for readmission but to claim all the juniors from Milsons Point to Lake Munmorah seems more than a little audacious.
[/quote]

Yeah hi Manlyborn.  You are right about how audacious it is for them to claim the area from Milsons Point to Lake Munmorah as theirs.  In fact, it is downright ridiculous for them to claim so much territory.  They are NOT the North Sydney Bears but are now supposed to represent the people of the NSW Central Coast.  I agree with whoever said that their territorial claim should stop at the north side of the Hawkesbury River Bridge.

At the moment they shouldn't be given a seat at the table.  Not even let in the room, is my opinion. 

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=186074.msg308542#msg308542 date=1291423919]
G'day Jethro,
[/quote]

Something else is that the Central Coast Bears  has just been given regional status - basically means they can't be considered a Sydney team anymore.
If this is the case shouldn't Norths old area become Manlys?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6