News: Eagles set for cow paddock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i remember at the end of either 07 or 08. grant meyer got us a good deal with a betting agency i think they were W.A based  ..3yr deal. they were going to sponsor  us . but then the nrl stepped in & canned it because it was  going against  the nrl`s favoured betting agency.. its was close to 1.3 mill a yr for 3yrs.

It was Centrebet, they are a second tier sponsor atm, and according to todays Daily we are chasing them again as major sponsor.

The NRL will permit them to sponsor us, but not have naming rights of the team.

Brookie4eva link said:
It was Centrebet, they are a second tier sponsor atm, and according to todays Daily we are chasing them again as major sponsor.

The NRL will permit them to sponsor us, but not have naming rights of the team.
..ok mate.. thanks.. i actually thought the name was bet fair..  at that time..

DSM5 link said:
James Packer's on the Eastern Suburbs Roosters board.  I wouldn't think he'd be interested in Manly.  Doubtful on the 'going broke' thing Jerry, Delmege and Penn are still the owners and i haven't heard af any move to sell out.  Silly rumors.   
Not sure if Lachlan Murdoch is a fan but it would be nice see him involved in the club in some capacity, seems like a good fit to me with Sarah and all...plus he must be going to be worth a few bob somewhere down the track..lol

Murdoch is a Broncos fan- he will  not help us even if Sarah went on an indefinite bedroom strike

jjai link said:
i remember at the end of either 07 or 08. grant meyer got us a good deal with a betting agency i think they were W.A based  ..3yr deal. they were going to sponsor  us . but then the nrl stepped in & canned it because it was  going against  the nrl`s favoured betting agency.. its was close to 1.3 mill a yr for 3yrs.

It was actually a company called bet choice that were rejected by the NRL in around October 2008

The Centrebet deal was announced in around Feb 09 for a 1 year deal (Centrebet are Darwin based)

Grant Mayer cashed in on our years of success and a premiership title.

Remember the hot water deal that lasted 2 years?

The Wheel link said:
Murdoch is a Broncos fan- he will  not help us even if Sarah went on an indefinite bedroom strike
A Broncos fan...thats a shock to the system, I would of thought Sarah had better taste. Perhaps we will just have to wait for their divorce!

Maybe David Williams should have called himself 'Wolverine' in a bid to get Hugh Jackman (a Manly fan) on board  ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6