News: Eagles set for cow paddock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>A RUN-down old ground in Port Moresby is being strongly considered over Brookvale Oval as the Sea Eagles aim to cash in on moving an NRL game to Papua New Guinea next year.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4915-eagles-set-for-cow-paddock.html">Read the full article</a>

ManlyBacker link said:
<p>A RUN-down old ground in Port Moresby is being strongly considered over Brookvale Oval as the Sea Eagles aim to cash in on moving an NRL game to Papua New Guinea next year.</p>

<a href=\"http://silvertails.net/news/4915-eagles-set-for-cow-paddock.html\">Read the full article</a>
.. with the man power over their & low wages if any, they should have a world class 1 up  in no time .. for peanuts..probably less than the monthly rent we have to give to warringah council..

One of Lowes best. A six figure sum for going there. Cant help you buy anyone, especially if you dont have a sponsor. Why us...why do we need to go there instead of Brookvale.

Sorry but Lowe is taking us down. We have done nothing at all this year to rebuild our brand (in Oz) and thats what's taken a hammering after last year's farce.

PNG today....Auckland tomorrow....It will be like the Wests tigers soon...have around 4-5 home grounds.....Great

I don't mind.  If we get big bickies for the game, well then good.  I might even travel up there myself when I get some armor.  Spreading the gospel is good.  I believe the PNG government will spend squillions on a ground in the near future. 

Frogz link said:
One of Lowes best. A six figure sum for going there. Cant help you buy anyone, especially if you dont have a sponsor. Why us...why do we need to go there instead of Brookvale.

Sorry but Lowe is taking us down. We have done nothing at all this year to rebuild our brand (in Oz) and thats what's taken a hammering after last year's farce.

PNG today....Auckland tomorrow....It will be like the Wests tigers soon...have around 4-5 home grounds.....Great

You're right frogz.Lowe is talking about PNG,North harbour stadium in NZ (wherever the F that is!!!),and being part of a blockbuster at Suncorp.As I posted on another thread,we can only play 2 home games "away" from Brookie,and 3 doesn't go into 2.It just smacks of his disrespect for ticketed members,that he'll take 2 games out of most peoples reach.(2 @ Bluetongue is bad enough,but at least it's only 2 or 3 hrs up the freeway).How many can afford these costly trips.We already have big trips to NZ for THEIR home game,and titans.Why more travelling?How do the season ticket holders (all of gold silver and bronze) feel about having their membership basically devalued by 2 games?I am a season GA,and wont be going that way again,if I virtually miss 2 games straight away!

I think its a great idea for our club to get some good $$ and to get all PNG fans over there supporting our side.

I would rather us go over there for a couple of games if it means that our future in the NRL is certain as most SYdney clubs are finding $$ hard to come bye and yes even when we won the premiership with Mayer we were bracking even.  

The owners wont fork out $$ forever

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=183839.msg271269#msg271269 date=1278057805]

You're right frogz.Lowe is talking about PNG,North harbour stadium in NZ (wherever the F that is!!!),and being part of a blockbuster at Suncorp.As I posted on another thread,we can only play 2 home games "away" from Brookie,and 3 doesn't go into 2.It just smacks of his disrespect for ticketed members,that he'll take 2 games out of most peoples reach.(2 @ Bluetongue is bad enough,but at least it's only 2 or 3 hrs up the freeway).How many can afford these costly trips.We already have big trips to NZ for THEIR home game,and titans.Why more travelling?How do the season ticket holders (all of gold silver and bronze) feel about having their membership basically devalued by 2 games?I am a season GA,and wont be going that way again,if I virtually miss 2 games straight away!
[/quote]

I think that you will find that the "idea" is to keep it at 2 homes games a year but to be able to get more moeny by switching it to another location. I think from memory they get $100,000 for playing at Gosford and as a previous news article suggest that they will get 7 figure sum by playing it at PNG.

Lol im greatfull that i even get to watch them once a year and some people dont even get that.

If it brings big bickies, I'm all for it.

Brookvale hasn't exactly been packed to the rafters in recent times.

deadlyeagle link said:
  I think from memory they get $100,000 for playing at Gosford and as a previous news article suggest that they will get 7 figure sum by playing it at PNG.

7 figure sum!!, **** they should play a season out of there. :eek:

Maybe I'm in the minority with my thinking on this matter.But,I will say,I've talked to  few chook supporters,who were filthy that they had a "home" game taken to NZ,giving the warriors an advantage!I'll reserve my judgement until I see how many ticketed season members go to PNG,and/or Suncorp and/or Northharbour stadium.

Frogz link said:

Quantam pay close to a 7 figure sum to sponsor us

We take 1 game to PNG, we gain a 7 figure sum, while also not paying the hiring fee's for Brookvale Oval

We put a new sponsor on the front of the journey for whatever sum

Where exactly have we lost on this deal ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=183839.msg271269#msg271269 date=1278057805]

Quantam pay close to a 7 figure sum to sponsor us

We take 1 game to PNG, we gain a 7 figure sum, while also not paying the hiring fee's for Brookvale Oval

We put a new sponsor on the front of the journey for whatever sum

Where exactly have we lost on this deal ?
[/quote]

We wouldn't be paying the hiring fee for Brookie for these games.These would be in lieu of Bluetongue.Despite the fact the people of the CC (apart from the Manly supps there)don't want us there,I'm sure the stadium operators would love the revenue.Then there's the food/drink outlets,ground cleaners etc.All of these would be missing out on wages (PNG worker would be cleaning their ground-at a fraction of the rates{slave labour}).Brookie would still have the same amount of games.Apparently the football club mandates Sea Eagles play only 2 "home" games "away"!

A football club generally needs to generate 12-13 Million a season to run form memory

If we can get 1 million+ from 1 match, tbh it is a no brainer for me

Kiwi Eagle link said:
A football club generally needs to generate 12-13 Million a season to run form memory

If we can get 1 million+ from 1 match, tbh it is a no brainer for me

Then we'll get Vidmar on here,and ask him to get the football club to take more games from Brookie,will we?I'm sure that will go down well.We have 2 home games to be played away from Brookie each season.These are currently at Bluetongue.I KNOW there is increased short term revenue going to PNG,but what of the long term effects?As I've said,Aussie jobs and businesses suffer,and Manly season ticket members suffer,for a start.

If they took it to Adelaide I could understand the complaint. But PNG is crazy about RL and the players. We will probably pick up another 100k in merchandise. To be the team that is the first choice of PNG followers (similar to what we were in NZ before the Worriers) would be a huge advantage in helping keep us in the NRL and in generating dollars from fans. I doubt that it will do much in the way of sponsorship but I have to agree that this is a good move by Lowie.

ManlyBacker link said:
If they took it to Adelaide I could understand the complaint. But PNG is crazy about RL and the players. We will probably pick up another 100k in merchandise. To be the team that is the first choice of PNG followers (similar to what we were in NZ before the Worriers) would be a huge advantage in helping keep us in the NRL and in generating dollars from fans. I doubt that it will do much in the way of sponsorship but I have to agree that this is a good move by Lowie.

I see the GOOD in this,but I'm thinking of the members.When the draw is released (generalised only) and it says "Sea Eagles (h)v ?????,PNG,?????/2011,and Sea Eagles (h) v ??????,Suncorp/N'harbour,??????/2011,how many members are going to say,"hmmm,that's 2 games I lose,I think I'll go game by game.The Jane Try stand is never full despite what they say"!AND,they are equal,or in front for the year!

You want to know the long term effects ?

Seems fairly obvious to me, that a venture to bring in a massive amount of extra money to a club that isn't flush with funds, can only be of benefit to the future survival of the club. Would be great to play every single match at Brookie, but do I want that at the expense of the club ? No way

2 games is the max they can take away, and I am sure for the season ticket holder they would look at a 10 or 12 game package if taking the game offshore

They don't do any special deals for games at Bluetongue,so why would they for games at other venues?You miss the 2 at Bluetongue,tough luck!Anyway,it wont worry me,I was going to drop back to 6 match flexi pass or maroon m'ship anyway.I'll do the rest game by game.They can take the games to Uzbekistan as far as I'm concerned,then!

Seven figues sum...Ill wait and see that. If its so damn lucrative why arent they all playing their now.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7