News: Api Koroisau contract situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get why other clubs would want Api, but if he wanted to stay then the club would have to retain him, wouldn't they? A club can't force a contracted player to leave, surely.
No they can't force him to leave, however he is a first class number 9 and would want more game time as he knows the club's long term preference is Fainu, he knows it's a business thing and not personal

Yep he can happily stay at manly and all sweet, but another club will offer 4 years so sayonara

Yes but they aren't forcing him, they are telling him he can go and fill his pockets with an extra 150-300k a season and play 80 minutes, instead of collecting less money and playing less minutes in the future at Manly.

It is win-win for both parties.
It may come down to the " doing what’s best for me and my family’ genuinely.
He’s got his fourth kid due in October.

He will go if he can get an extended contract on the same or increased terms.

All good and well to say that he can stay if he wants, but if he stays and plays 25min a match he seriously undermines the value of his next contract

Be sad to lose Api and Thommo but I’m resigned to losing both in a salary cap squeeze to keep the Turbo’s.

We need Uncle Nicks accountant, or even better Uncle Nick.

I thought he was on about $400k . The paper talk is that the other offers are in the $500k a year for 3 years. There is a suggestion that we may have to contribute part of the payment. Yeah right nope.
Wonder what Luke is on at Warriors? That may be a good fit, if he does not mind living there.

Last edited:
I'm dead against the idea of paying another club anything to have Api play against us.
If another club wants to pay him a lot more than he is currently on then fair enough.
Most posters seem to overlook the fact that Fainu could get injured. We know that having a proven 'second' hooker in the top 30 is essential.

I'm dead against the idea of paying another club anything to have Api play against us.
If another club wants to pay him a lot more than he is currently on then fair enough.
Most posters seem to overlook the fact that Fainu could get injured. We know that having a proven 'second' hooker in the top 30 is essential.

And we also know playing two recognised hookers can win you Grand Finals, don’t we??

I hope Api and Thompson both stay. It’s the whole point of having reserve players on the bench in the first place. Api for Fainu or Fainu for Api. To me it’s the perfect interchange.They both play the role when needed. I don’t look at them as reserve grade players, I look at them from a game plan point of view which to me can have a better long term result than any individual player.Especially if one gets injured. It’s instant insurance without spending any money.I say keep them both if possible.Why fu....k up a perfectly good flow.

Api and Fainu complement each other brilliantly. Api will be a loss but I think Cust may play that roll in 20 on a quarter of the coin.

Yep, none of us want to lose Api but he’s on decent coin and that’s a much cheaper option isn’t it!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10