News: All bets are off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jwaa link said:
The last part of your post contradicts the first.
No it doesn't!

It may well be foolish to suggest the owners will perpetually pump money in for no gain. But I didn't actually suggest that either.

We appear to agree that we need a strong community. And I agree with your last point - if the club does value us, then they could certainly show it better than they do at present.

I don't really get all this 'the club must do things for us' and 'value us' thing.  All I want is the team to get out on the field and beat the Tigers, Souths and Parra.  Anything else is a bonus.  Sure all that other stuff is nice, but it wasn't there when I first became a fan and if it's not there now and I'll still be a fan if it doesn't ever turn up.   

The club only mimics the NRL and Channel 9.  An assumption that most stakeholders are rusted on and will put up with any old garbage. 

As an aside i would think any of the large organizations listed before would be very reluctant to throw their lot with one team (NAB aside)

THat is why you have Telstra as an overall rights sponsor. Imagine if Woolworths were the Eagles sponsor? We are hated by enough people that it could have a negative impact on the brand....not forgetting our launch last year.

Club sponsorship is an opportunity for tier 2 companies to gain exposure etc

Just my 2c

lsz link said:
As an aside i would think any of the large organizations listed before would be very reluctant to throw their lot with one team (NAB aside)

THat is why you have Telstra as an overall rights sponsor. Imagine if Woolworths were the Eagles sponsor? We are hated by enough people that it could have a negative impact on the brand....not forgetting our launch last year.

Club sponsorship is an opportunity for tier 2 companies to gain exposure etc

Just my 2c
Like your point Isz, but really WHO buys/supports something just because of  sponsoship. I'm with Optus for a start, drank coke when we had pepsi, never had a mack truck, etc.. ;)
Just my 2c  ;)

[/quote]
Like your point Isz, but really WHO buys/supports something just because of  sponsoship. I'm with Optus for a start, drank coke when we had pepsi, never had a mack truck, etc.. ;)
Just my 2c  ;)
[/quote]

There are people out there who swayed by sponsership. My older brother for example used to smoke Winnie blues during winter and switch to Benson & Hedges in the summer. Yep, sad but true  :D

lsz link said:
Imagine if Woolworths were the Eagles sponsor? We are hated by enough people that it could have a negative impact on the brand

I wouldn't want them as our sponsor.  They are nothing but a bunch of arseholes and I hope that they go broke.

[quote author=Northern Eagle link=topic=183868.msg272586#msg272586 date=1278660496]

Just my 2c  ;)
There are people out there who swayed by sponsership. My older brother for example used to smoke Winnie blues during winter and switch to Benson & Hedges in the summer. Yep, sad but true  :D
Thats just called Hardcore ;D

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Northern Eagle link=topic=183868.msg272586#msg272586 date=1278660496]

Just my 2c  ;)
Thats just called Hardcore ;D

Has he quit now that there is no more sponsorship from tobacco these days?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6