New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We were all crying out for a halves partner for Chez, we go buy a premiership winning half that wants to play for manly and people complain.
We need a tall fast winger that can catch, we go and get Saab but people complain.
We need an AFB replacement and a tough no nonsense forward we chase Aloia and people complain. Next piece of the puzzle is a 9, no matter who we sign people will still complain.
We are targeting EXACTLY what this team needs to be a premiership force and I have faith Des and crusher know exactly what they're doing
So agree Robbo - so agree - the doomsdayers. You give them a million in $20's and these blokes would bitch and whinge as to why didn't you give it to them in hundreds. No pleasing some people that is for sure! Sounds exactly like one of my ex Consultants - she was never happy no matter what happened - but super highly skilled - but yes whingers and difficult people in my business are surplus to requirements no matter how good.... soooo gooorne! Again I will say - looking at the light is far far better than always looking in the gloom! I am with you all the way Robbo.

I was waiting for that response. Just stirring Darren. I mean who would want to live in the Western Suburbs of Sydney...but I do. Wollongong is a lovely place and I was horrified when my sister and her husband left a lovely Thirroul home, one street from the beach, for Melbourne suburbia (though they aren't far from the Dandenongs, which is a plus I guess). Excuse my poor attempt at humour, Darren
All good pal, even smaller world, I grew up in Thirroul. used to travel most games to Brookie. Train, ferry and bus, and then return. Great days.

He's not staying at St. Merge.

As much as they are within their rights to put their foot down, it's just not worth it.
He knows it. Griffin knows it. Anyone whose watched 30 minutes of NRL knows it.

So can we just stop the p!ssing contest and just let him move on ? No club is going to want a player who would rather be somewhere else. Simple as that.

Wake me up when it's over. Because there's only going to be one result here.
Didn’t work for Gordon Tallis!

just sayin’

Yes mate but that was 25 years ago and can you name a single case since ?

Josh Ado Carr ? ... Looks like he will still be at Storm next year ... Storm still won't release him

And the interesting thing is ... it was reported some time back that he is on about $350k at Storm ... and it has also been reported that a new contract at Tigers would be closer to fullback money around $600k ...

So, my question is ... with about $500k the difference in income over the 2 years he has been forced to stay at the storm (away from his family) ... why has he not kicked up a bigger fuss ... is it because he is just a nice guy ... or is he being compensated with brown paper bags ... or do the tin hats believe the Storm may have some dirt on him ?

Last edited:
Josh Ado Carr ? ... Looks like he will still be at Storm next year ... Storm still won't release him

And the interesting thing is ... it was reported some time back that he is on about $350k at Storm ... and it has also been reported that a new contract at Tigers would be closer to fullback money around $600k ...

So, my question is ... with about $500k the difference in income over the 2 years he has been forced to stay at the storm (away from his family) ... why has he not kicked up a bigger fuss ... is it because he is just a nice guy ... or is he being compensated with brown paper bags ... or do the tin hats believe the Storm may have some dirt on him ?
Winning a premiership, then getting upgraded to 500 for one more year with the boys, then to a bigger contract at wests in 2022. Sounds plausible to me, not necessarily a brown paper bag situation.

Storm have or did have something like 850 k in reported third party agreements so would not be surprised if J A C would not be getting a reasonable portion of that [ or sufficient to keep him happy ] Of course understand why the Storm would want to retain him , just a dynamic and exciting player but if Cotic is getting virtually full back "s money at the Dogs , surely J A C would be on pretty decent money as well in the present situation and form wise .

Why don't we sign him for 2022 and see what saints do then ?

Isn't there a clause about not negotiating with a player until a year before or was it December, from the expiration of their contract. Not sure about that, but if so, what you are saying could still may be a possibility. He can express interest and maybe clubs can discuss, but actually negotiating with the player may be not on...at least until next month. Am I off the track here?

Isn't there a clause about not negotiating with a player until a year before or was it December, from the expiration of their contract. Not sure about that, but if so, what you are saying could still may be a possibility. He can express interest and maybe clubs can discuss, but actually negotiating with the player may be not on...at least until next month. Am I off the track here?

I believe he was given permission to negotiate with other clubs early ... for compassionate reasons ... the sticking point has been Storm insisting on a like for like replacement ... without any apparent compassion ..

So our one "big name" signing has fallen through lol keep up the great recruitment guys. Maybe a novel idea but maybe target someone coming out of contract not someone with two years left.
Cant wait another season with snail Taufua on the wing.
They so far have done nothing
Only foran and davey , if thats it bottom 4 here we come!!

Zero tackle article:

St George Illawarra are remaining adamant Jason Saab will be a Dragons player in 2021, despite the 20-year-old’s request to move to Manly, per The Daily Telegraph.

Anthony Griffin met with Saab’s manager Mario Tartak this week, with the Dragons coach making it clear the winger will play out the remaining two years of his contract.

Saab requested a move to Manly prior to Griffin’s arrival, with the youngster planning on beginning pre-season training with the Sea Eagles by next week.

The Dragons are standing firm on Saab’s contract, with the club only budging on a move if a trade deal can be agreed upon.

Saab is eyeing a move away from Wollongong as he struggles with the long commute from western Sydney, where he resides in his family home.

It is also believed that Saab would be on a greater deal with the Sea Eagles, leaving the Dragons wanting something in return if they are to let their rising star depart.

The Dragons are understood to be open to moving Saab to any rival club that would satisfy a trade deal, with the club not specifically keen on trading for another outside back to replace their young gun.
Can't see him getting a start at ahead of Ramsey, Ravalawa or Pereira and also the factoring in the fact that Griffin's a wanker makes me think that he'll be here next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2