New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No ... the sook just doesn't want to drive to Woolongong ... FMD ... he is a grown man .... get off your mammas teat and move into a flat you wee Jessie ...

Has a contract but expects to be able to get out of it if he cries enough and kicks enough stones, stamps his foot and pouts ...

If that is the sort of character, commitment, dedication and sacrifice you admire, and want to bring to Brookie ... Good Lord ..
Mate have you seen how treacherous the drive down from bulli is?? It’s a death trap

No ... the sook just doesn't want to drive to Woolongong ... FMD ... he is a grown man .... get off your mammas teat and move into a flat you wee Jessie ...

Has a contract but expects to be able to get out of it if he cries enough and kicks enough stones, stamps his foot and pouts ...

If that is the sort of character, commitment, dedication and sacrifice you admire, and want to bring to Brookie ... Good Lord ..

What are your thoughts on Jamie Lyon Woodsie?

Just interested

Can't blame St Merge as I have been advocating for some time that player contracts should be honored. However an unhappy playing group rarely produces success. Griffin is a tough coach and can't afford to be seen by the rest of the playing group caving in whenever a player says he wants to walk out of a contract. I expect we wont see him here until 2022.

It seems the way the world is these days, happy to sign a contract to get a start but if something better or easier is available every excuse is used to get out of it. I'm old school and if I make the wrong choice I see it out.

I'm sure these players are happy to sign on for 3 years but if they never make the grade are happy to see out the contract, none will say this is too hard can I leave and go be a labourer instead.

Clubs aren't much better though, happy to shop a player around if they don't meet the expected goals.
Contracts should be enforced.

What are your thoughts on Jamie Lyon Woodsie?

Just interested

Interesting ... and I get your drift .. I think the difference is probably that Jamie gave it 4 years of his best, debuted at 18 and played for Aust at 19 ... before he pulled the pin .. and he also went home to the bush and was not just manoeuvring to join another club for more money

I think he was a pretty unsophisticated country lad that just found that playing and living in the big city at Parramatta .. and away from any reasonable pig hunting ... was not something he was suited to at a young age ....

He obviously became more adapted to the changes as he matured ...

I actually don’t think Wollongong has anything to do with it. It’s an excuse he can offer up to mask the fact that he simply doesn’t like the culture there. It is a team that has sucked since 2010, they have had their fair share of drama, he isn’t getting an opportunity and might feel stale there. He has good friends at Manly who are his age coming through, who think they can do something here and he wants to be a part of it.

Then again, that could be way off the mark. I just don’t buy the travel argument.

I actually don’t think Wollongong has anything to do with it. It’s an excuse he can offer up to mask the fact that he simply doesn’t like the culture there. It is a team that has sucked since 2010, they have had their fair share of drama, he isn’t getting an opportunity and might feel stale there. He has good friends at Manly who are his age coming through, who think they can do something here and he wants to be a part of it.

Then again, that could be way off the mark. I just don’t buy the travel argument.

Yep, I always thought the travel issue interesting.
Don’t wanna travel to Wollongong from Western Sydney but travelling to Narrabeen is okay.

I think he may have opportunities to carpool with some of our guys to help lessen the load
Imagine. “I earn 150,000 a year and I car pool”

“My car pool mates earn 80k, $200k and 125k”

yeah I know they are low paid in terms of nrl players, but do they really need to carpool on that money??

So would I. But are there any Galuvaos around at present wanting to do that? If not we have to take the next level down.
When we signed him he was the next level down!

Imagine. “I earn 150,000 a year and I car pool”

“My car pool mates earn 80k, $200k and 125k”

yeah I know they are low paid in terms of nrl players, but do they really need to carpool on that money??
More fun to ride together. Road trip!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8