New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I spoke to a committed saints fan at work. He is very happy for saab to go. He laments that saints without frizell, and norman as playmaker, are major problems so he doesn't understand why the coach would play hardball with a winger, especially one who is a work in progress.

Saints are not even saying they want to keep him. Rather they are happy to part ways with compensation to which they are open to a player trade. I guess one could assume we won't give them the player they want to swap for, or we just have no players they want. Its anyone's guess what figure the financial compensation be? He would hardly be a top priced outside back.

Saints are not even saying they want to keep him. Rather they are happy to part ways with compensation to which they are open to a player trade. I guess one could assume we won't give them the player they want to swap for, or we just have no players they want. Its anyone's guess what figure the financial compensation be? He would hardly be a top priced outside back.

Give em Croker , after all he’s a future immortal !!

This is it. They say they want a forward as a swap. Not sure who I'd wanna let go to get him. Maybe Boyle if we get Aloiai??? But that's about it, I like our forwards. It might come down to a financial compensation. We'd have to get him cheap if we are also paying a transfer fee.

I wouldn't even be letting Boyle go too quick. He's mobile for such a big man. New rules should suit him, just like they have for tent. He didn't really get a chance to prove himself without injury striking in 2020. I'm not convinced there is better prop out there for a cheaper price actually. Kids coming through at prop, but prop is the last place I'd bloody a kid unless Ur sure there ready. In saying that Saddler has looked ready to me, his omission from the 30 currently confuse me.

This is it. They say they want a forward as a swap. Not sure who I'd wanna let go to get him. Maybe Boyle if we get Aloiai??? But that's about it, I like our forwards. It might come down to a financial compensation. We'd have to get him cheap if we are also paying a transfer fee.

If it was to be financial compensation, would that come out of our cap?

I wouldn't even be letting Boyle go too quick. He's mobile for such a big man. New rules should suit him, just like they have for tent. He didn't really get a chance to prove himself without injury striking in 2020. I'm not convinced there is better prop out there for a cheaper price actually. Kids coming through at prop, but prop is the last place I'd bloody a kid unless Ur sure there ready. In saying that Saddler has looked ready to me, his omission from the 30 currently confuse me.
Yeah I like Boyle. Has a few good games in him and otherwise doesn’t consistently let you down (aka Waddell and penalties/errors)

If it was to be financial compensation, would that come out of our cap?
I believe our compensation from Warriors for AFB came out of their "football department spending" not off their cap.
I'm not sure if this is always the case but Dragons would NOT get say an extra 100k on their cap if we paid them a transfer fee so seems likely that it would be come out of the football department spending.

Lachlan Croker IS a forward , one of the games great number 9’s, let them have him!!

Problem is, solid will get you 10th to 14th. Look at the elite teams, and see what we are up against. Size, speed, power & skill.
If the club were that confident this kid was the answer to a top 8 finish they would have paid the dragqueens some dollar bucks buy now.

A talent but far from a sure thing.

Add still no news on what Hoppa is doing and it's all rather messy.

If the club were that confident this kid was the answer to a top 8 finish they would have paid the dragqueens some dollar bucks buy now.

A talent but far from a sure thing.

Add still no news on what Hoppa is doing and it's all rather messy.

Agree mate. Not saying Saab is the answer, but most clubs are improving roster wise. They are big, healthy, explosive. We lacked depth last year (which was shown up, which is a worry considering we played the equal least amount of players).

Add to that the following scenario:
OUTS
Elliott (primarily first grade out)
Waddell (first grade out)
AFB (Near leagues best out)
Metcalf (No difference)
Thompson (first grade out)
Hopoate (likely out, but no difference)
Danny Levi (first grade out)
Sam Smith (No difference)
Tony Williams (No difference)

INS
Andrew Davey (10 first grade game) - 29 years old in a fortnight):
+ Stats aren't great (0 linebreaks, 0 points, BUT, eye test, imo looks fantastic)
Lets call him first grade

Kieran Foran
  • Proven winner, but will he play more than a sprinkle?
  • Average of 9 games a season with Parra (one season)
  • Average of 13 games a season with the Dogs (3 seasons)
  • Average of 17 games a season with The Warriors (one season)

That's 5 consistent first graders out, I'll say 2 first graders in. This is from a position where our depth absolutely got found out already. We are going deeper into our junior talent pool, which is a serious reliance on them to step up.

My opinion, these players are currently reserve grade talent (not saying they can't improve): Morgan Harper, Tevita Funa, Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker, Ben Trbojevic, Tolutau Koula, Keith Titmuss, Morgan Boyle, Toafofua Sipley (some are here just being junior, and will exponentially improve, not bagging them).

Our recruit has been deplorable. I'm calling the worst. That doesn't mean something MIGHT happen, but the time it's taking in itself is concerning.

Agree mate. Not saying Saab is the answer, but most clubs are improving roster wise. They are big, healthy, explosive. We lacked depth last year (which was shown up, which is a worry considering we played the equal least amount of players).

Add to that the following scenario:
OUTS
Elliott (primarily first grade out)
Waddell (first grade out)
AFB (Near leagues best out)
Metcalf (No difference)
Thompson (first grade out)
Hopoate (likely out, but no difference)
Danny Levi (first grade out)
Sam Smith (No difference)
Tony Williams (No difference)

INS
Andrew Davey (10 first grade game) - 29 years old in a fortnight):
+ Stats aren't great (0 linebreaks, 0 points, BUT, eye test, imo looks fantastic)
Lets call him first grade

Kieran Foran
  • Proven winner, but will he play more than a sprinkle?
  • Average of 9 games a season with Parra (one season)
  • Average of 13 games a season with the Dogs (3 seasons)
  • Average of 17 games a season with The Warriors (one season)

That's 5 consistent first graders out, I'll say 2 first graders in. This is from a position where our depth absolutely got found out already. We are going deeper into our junior talent pool, which is a serious reliance on them to step up.

My opinion, these players are currently reserve grade talent (not saying they can't improve): Morgan Harper, Tevita Funa, Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker, Ben Trbojevic, Tolutau Koula, Keith Titmuss, Morgan Boyle, Toafofua Sipley (some are here just being junior, and will exponentially improve, not bagging them).

Our recruit has been deplorable. I'm calling the worst. That doesn't mean something MIGHT happen, but the time it's taking in itself is concerning.
Most of these guys are off contract at the end of next season. They will play their guts out for a new contract, otherwise see ya later. Manly's big push in recruitment will be for 2022

I expect Hoppa senior burnt the bridge so I’ll be surprised to see him here next year. However he won’t get the bucks he wants from anybody else not yet anyway. The interest in Saab suggest to me that Hoppa is not an option.
Perhaps making noises about saab knowing he won't be released might be a FU to Hoppa snr. Sign your kid to a modest contract or go f yourself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7