New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just throwing it out there. With Griffin setting up shop in a unit at Castle Hill, and doing the Wollongong drive everyday. Could he be thinking in regards to Saab, if I have to do it, so do you. Regardless in difference of coin we’re both on? Just a thought.

He doesn’t look very powerful to me, athletic for sure, but very slight and very timid.

He has potential, but with attitude problems already and the above I don’t really have high hopes and he certainly doesn’t Warrener the hype in this thread.

I will settle for better than Taufua and Garrick, but I’m not even sure he will scale those not so lofty heights.

Still, if he ends up here, I wish him luck, but he is a long way from something worth getting excited about yet

If our great white hope is a reserve grade winger from SGI, we have fallen a long way.
To be fair there are only so many high quality tall and fast wingers in the game. Hope in securing one is small, but hope in developing one is also small as even in reserves there is still a lot of Miski types (which are great to have but not really what we need on both wings).

If we want to evolve our backline and become a threat in the air once again we are going to have to put faith in a young player like Saab (or hope we can somehow pry away a Tupou, Coates, Lumelume, Fusitua, Maumalo).

Other option is to go for speed, but I think to be a well rounded, versatile modern team you need both speed and height at least on one wing and speed on the other. Our attack has suffered from a lack of options on the 5th. Often a good backup plan is to bomb it to a tall winger or grubber behind for a fast winger. In these scenarios all Saab has to do is use his height and catch, or use his speed and plant the ball.

He doesn’t look very powerful to me, athletic for sure, but very slight and very timid.

He has potential, but with attitude problems already and the above I don’t really have high hopes and he certainly doesn’t Warrener the hype in this thread.

I will settle for better than Taufua and Garrick, but I’m not even sure he will scale those not so lofty heights.

Still, if he ends up here, I wish him luck, but he is a long way from something worth getting excited about yet
Agree, he seems to not use his strength a bit like Garrick. Only young though and I think you could say the same for other young wingers such as Coates. Hopefully his first season here starts well and he builds some confidence.

I thought that a club would've signed Marion Seve, who's unsigned, by now.
He's a centre, 195cm, still youngish at 25yrs. Could probably play wing too. Carn Manly, sign him up, he's a definate upgrade on Parker and Taufua.

To be fair there are only so many high quality tall and fast wingers in the game. Hope in securing one is small, but hope in developing one is also small as even in reserves there is still a lot of Miski types (which are great to have but not really what we need on both wings).

If we want to evolve our backline and become a threat in the air once again we are going to have to put faith in a young player like Saab (or hope we can somehow pry away a Tupou, Coates, Lumelume, Fusitua, Maumalo).

Other option is to go for speed, but I think to be a well rounded, versatile modern team you need both speed and height at least on one wing and speed on the other. Our attack has suffered from a lack of options on the 5th. Often a good backup plan is to bomb it to a tall winger or grubber behind for a fast winger. In these scenarios all Saab has to do is use his height and catch, or use his speed and plant the ball.

I would love to see Benny Turbo on the wing. He is in the 30, he is tall and he is lightning quick. Burbo and Saab on the wings would be an interesting new look to 2021!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8