Announcement New site design

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's what caused my eyes to go in the first place.
To go where?

giphy.gif

We need a 'Go to Last Post' button :nerd:

I don't know if you mean for a mobile but there is one for computers. It's that tiny dot just to the right of the thread starter's avatar.

Warning: If you are like me, about 20% of the time when you try and click on it, you will miss and bring up the thread stater's avatar!

I don't know if you mean for a mobile but there is one for computers. It's that tiny dot just to the right of the thread starter's avatar.

Warning: If you are like me, about 20% of the time when you try and click on it, you will miss and bring up the thread stater's avatar!
I normally enlarge the screen content on my phone to make the dot bigger beforehand so that I don't click on the person's avatar accidentally. The thing is though, when it has been enlarged, the dot is slightly overlapped by the avatar so I can maybe see why there is a problem with accidentally clicking on the avatar instead.

I'm mainly on the phone and it's not the same as the desktop.

On the desktop I click on the timestamp and it behaves like it used to and opens thread at last post. But on phone it is not actioned :cool:

I'll try and click on the tiny dot o_O

Hi @Dan I'm having an issue viewing on my desktop. When I scroll down there is a banner of video highlights that takes over the screen and my stats section switches from the right to the left (I've put it in a picture)
I can no longer see the 5 most recent commented on topics either which I like to check out. This happens on chrome and firefox. It started happening yesterday or the day before.

Attachments

• silvertails.JPG
    silvertails.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 10
Thankfully tips and actual forum pages work fine SER8, it just seems to be the silvertails.net main page that has issues for me.

Just browse from the forum pages that strip is only Visible on the front page. Shouldnt be doing that but would only happen on the news page

Hey @Dan , how do I easily link to a specific post in a thread now that there is no longer a post number on each person's post?

I know that there is a long way to do it where I can find a post number by hovering my mouse over either the 'Quote' or 'Reply' options at the bottom right of the post and then copy that number (for example, I go to your post at the bottom of page 10 of this thread and find that its number is 1037822) and then I have to preface that number with #post- and then copy the link address to the thread and then add the #post-XXXXXXX to the end of the thread address and I can either type it into a post as a link or I can post that into the address bar and it will take me to the specific post and using your post number again as an example, i would end up with:

https://silvertails.net/threads/new-site-design.54545/page-10#post-1037822

But that all seems a long way to do it whereas before I could just copy the link of the post number and I would have it straight away.

Hey @Dan , how do I easily link to a specific post in a thread now that there is no longer a post number on each person's post?

I know that there is a long way to do it where I can find a post number by hovering my mouse over either the 'Quote' or 'Reply' options at the bottom right of the post and then copy that number (for example, I go to your post at the bottom of page 10 of this thread and find that its number is 1037822) and then I have to preface that number with #post- and then copy the link address to the thread and then add the #post-XXXXXXX to the end of the thread address and I can either type it into a post as a link or I can post that into the address bar and it will take me to the specific post and using your post number again as an example, i would end up with:

https://silvertails.net/threads/new-site-design.54545/page-10#post-1037822

But that all seems a long way to do it whereas before I could just copy the link of the post number and I would have it straight away.

Good question

Thank-you for that info HM. That works a lot easier than what I was doing but I just wish that the old post number was still available so that nothing would have to be deleted from the link address like you have shown. :)
@Dan seems to have run out of real estate to position that info

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10