New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
From Zorba’s column:

NEW FACES ON THE HORIZON

THE Sea Eagles have completed several signings recently which will be announced in the next week.

Stay tuned.
Zorba's column does not say 'New' signings. I assume there will be new faces but the column doesn't say 'new'.

The heading says "New Faces" so I'd assume there are new buys & re-signings

The heading says "New Faces" so I'd assume there are new buys & re-signings

Yeah but it like, doesn't say "The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have signed players, and by that I mean signed players from other clubs and not just extended players who are already at the club."

So, like, you know... maybe "new faces" just means that they shaved or something.

Yeah but it like, doesn't say "The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have signed players, and by that I mean signed players from other clubs and not just extended players who are already at the club."

So, like, you know... maybe "new faces" just means that they shaved or something.
Ahhhhh no.

That’s awesome news. He’s right up there as far as running backrowers go. Exactly the type of second rower we’ve been crying out for and half the price of the guys he performs as well as. Now watch Winterstein go into beast mode with Siri next season. His role will Chang’s and so will his impact. More charges from big Frank when he comes on to give Curtis a spell. Our pack is looking awesome. Can’t wait for the season to start. Go Manly.
Thompson has that Terry Randall toughness/aggression in his game that we have been lacking for some time now . He hits and runs hard. Everything he does is tough.

Still don't get it. Don't we have 3, 80 minute backrowers, PLUS a few solid benchies as well?
We don't have a back rower as solid and as tough as Thompson who averages more than 100 running metres a game . Sironen and Frank average 75 metres a game . Impact off the bench is non existent with Brown averaging 30 running metres a game and none of the above have the aggression and intimidation that Thompson offers. We are after a dominant back rower for good reason .

If the swap Brown for Thompson everyone on Silvertails will be beside themselves BUT who then plays utility in 2018?
Plan 1. Frank and Joel can both cover centre . Plan 2. I am sure we would have other options when all our squad is signed and completed .

Im amazed at the love Winterstein gets on here when people rip into Kelly, Green, Lussick etc

Dont get me wrong I like the guy and he is solid but he is also the weakest position in our 13
Frank averages 75 running metres and turns 32 next season , so what you see is what you will get next season . He wont get any faster or any bigger as he has peaked at his age . What we need is a back rower that can run over the 100 metres mark and this is why the club is going all out for Joel . With Joel we also get a player who hits hard and is ***Dominant*** in defence .
We also get Joel Thompson with a Sea eagle already tattooed in his back , so he is a ready made Sea eagle !!!
57d5104033937ff1e92f97cff0038cc1.jpg

Frank averages 75 running metres and turns 32 next season , so what you see is what you will get next season . He wont get any faster or any bigger as he has peaked at his age . What we need is a back rower that can run over the 100 metres mark and this is why the club is going all out for Joel . With Joel we also get a player who hits hard and is ***Dominant*** in defence .
We also get Joel Thompson with a Sea eagle already tattooed in his back , so he is a ready made Sea eagle !!!
View attachment 6779
If only he could also kick goals at a 80% + rate too!

Is a dislike all you got Tubo1 ?... I was expecting at least a Troll or Dummy spit from you ... knowing your Turbo bromances

New faces to me and most would mean "New players, not with the squad the past season". Pretty clear cut to me. New faces does not mean re signings.
Spot on turbs , we have NEW players coming don't worry about that. You don't let the players go without bringing players in , and i don't mean average fill in the gap players ,or we would have kept what we had .

Is a dislike all you got Tubo1 ?... I was expecting at least a Troll or Dummy spit from you ... knowing your Turbo bromances
No bromances here mate, plain and simple in the fact I think Thompson is a hole running backrower who plays on the edge. Jake is also an 80 minute backrower who should stick to lock, its his best spot and allows him to be a ball player in the middle. As for the Trolls and other unessecery spats Ive given users over the past months, Im done with that, I had a big tendency to crucify any who would bag certain players with out seeing their side of the argument. They are gone as far as Im concerned.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10