New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
In Zorba's column today, he ends his piece with "Some big fish are still to be landed."
I read his column and thought he's talking in riddles but what it says is new signings are coming. Whether its 'next week' or next year remains to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath!

"Landing big fish in silly season"
Given our recent recruitment record we're more likely to acquire stunned mullet rather than tuna in the hope of landing a premiership .. Challenging John West's theory of success.. Zorba's title should instead proclaim: "It's the fish that others reject that makes Manly the best"

"Landing big fish in silly season"
Given our recent recruitment record we're more likely to acquire stunned mullet rather than tuna in the hope of landing a premiership .. Challenging John West's theory of success.. Zorba's title should instead proclaim: "It's the fish that others reject that makes Manly the best"
We have recently retained our premiership wining star NYC "piranhas" after some big and gutsy performances as they beat the odds to win the comp from 8th position.
We have upgraded the contracts of Jake and Tom Turbo , Walker , Taufua , Kappow .
We allegedly signed second row enforcer Joel Thomson and unless we know who else we are looking at then John West can get fcked as far as I am concerned

THE BIG NAMES OFF CONTRACT AT YOUR CLUB AT THE END OF 2018

Broncos: Sam Thaiday, Corey Oates.

Raiders: Junior Paulo, Blake Austin, Shannon Boyd, Nick Cotric, Josh Hodgson, Josh Papalii, Aidan Sezer.

Bulldogs: Brett Morris, Josh Morris.

Sharks: Paul Gallen, Luke Lewis, James Maloney.

Titans: Jarryd Hayne, Ash Taylor.

Sea Eagles: Blake Green, Apisai Koroisau.

Storm: Tim Glasby, Felise Kaufusi, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith.

Warriors: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Simon Mannering.

Knights: Brock Lamb, Sione Mata'utia, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti.

Cowboys: Johnathan Thurston, Michael Morgan, Lachlan Coote, Jake Granville, Ethan Lowe, Justin O'Neill.

Eels: Nathan Brown.

Panthers: Dylan Edwards, Josh Mansour, Tyrone May.

Rabbitohs: Sam Burgess, George Burgess, Tom Burgess, Angus Crichton, Robbie Farah, John Sutton.

Dragons: Joel Thompson, Cameron McInnes.

Roosters: Boyd Cordner, Blake Ferguson, Jake Friend, Luke Keary.

Tigers: Tim Grant.

Last edited:
We have recently retained our premiership wining star NYC "piranhas" after some big and gutsy performances as they beat the odds to win the comp from 8th position.
We have upgraded the contracts of Jake and Tom Turbo , Walker , Taufua , Kappow .
We allegedly signed second row enforcer Joel Thomson and unless we know who else we are looking at then John West can get fcked as far as I am concerned

THE BIG NAMES OFF CONTRACT AT YOUR CLUB AT THE END OF 2018

Broncos: Sam Thaiday, Corey Oates.

Raiders: Junior Paulo, Blake Austin, Shannon Boyd, Nick Cotric, Josh Hodgson, Josh Papalii, Aidan Sezer.

Bulldogs: Brett Morris, Josh Morris.

Sharks: Paul Gallen, Luke Lewis, James Maloney.

Titans: Jarryd Hayne, Ash Taylor.

Sea Eagles: Blake Green, Apisai Koroisau.

Storm: Tim Glasby, Felise Kaufusi, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith.

Warriors: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Simon Mannering.

Knights: Brock Lamb, Sione Mata'utia, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti.

Cowboys: Johnathan Thurston, Michael Morgan, Lachlan Coote, Jake Granville, Ethan Lowe, Justin O'Neill.

Eels: Nathan Brown.

Panthers: Dylan Edwards, Josh Mansour, Tyrone May.

Rabbitohs: Sam Burgess, George Burgess, Tom Burgess, Angus Crichton, Robbie Farah, John Sutton.

Dragons: Joel Thompson, Cameron McInnes.

Roosters: Boyd Cordner, Blake Ferguson, Jake Friend, Luke Keary.

Tigers: Tim Grant.
Ha ha.. Poor John West.. Shouldn't have got him involved. I'm not saying we haven't done well in retaining our young hopefulls and upgrading our stars. I'm just following your theory that big names, strength and speed win you premierships. We've got a pretty solid squad. J Thompson is a great addition if / when confirmed. 1 more "big fish" would put the icing on the cake.

Hey Bozo. Do you have details on the NYC 'piranhas' Manly have resigned?

I have read an article where we have signed the stars of our NYC premiership winning team . I will try and find it

Yes I saw that as well, not sure if it was a club release or not, doubt it very much but they might do it #nextweek.

Ha ha.. Poor John West.. Shouldn't have got him involved. I'm not saying we haven't done well in retaining our young hopefulls and upgrading our stars. I'm just following your theory that big names, strength and speed win you premierships. We've got a pretty solid squad. J Thompson is a great addition if / when confirmed. 1 more "big fish" would put the icing on the cake.
I am sure we are on the look out for another piranha . Our club is keeping things quite at the moment which means something "fi shy" is going on b eh ind the scenes .

I know it can be somewhat frustrating as we wait for an announcement on player signings. But I think when they are finally announced in the coming weeks/months we will find that the wait was worth it. By adding a couple of top quality players to what we’ve already got, I can really see another great period coming for the club. High expectations for next season.

I love your optimism................

I think we are 3 players short of premiership success......................a quality forward, a fast outside back and a decent 5/8.
I can't see where the 5/8 is coming from and I don't believe we can win the comp with Green. (unless we get a 2nd playmaker ala Killer somewhere else in the side) There's simply too much pressure on DCE to be the only real play maker.

Let's hope the announcements are worth waiting for but I'm not confident they will be that exciting (if they ever come)!

#nextweek starts 1st November, when Clubs can approach the many players on their last contracted year :nerd:

Hope Manly lands a few good, long term players :nod:

#nextweek starts 1st November, when Clubs can approach the many players on their last contracted year :nerd:

Hope Manly lands a few good, long term players :nod:

I think you may be right, but of course the 1st is just the first day they can be approached so it’s unlikely any big Marlins will be hooked that quickly, so #nextweek may in fact be well into #nextmonth

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10