New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thompson should be announced this week. Bozos final pieces of the puzzle!

This week would be WAY better than #nextweek.

TBH I’m doubtful it will happen now, I mean the discussions on this have been going for a month or more and the longer it goes the more likely he’s just beating his price up to stay at St Merge.

We are more likely to pick up a discard as a result of the Cronk shenanigans!

The Who

Journey Man
Agree 100%, he's a total low life.
Agree. I've seen this guy rip opposition apart, but he does it so infrequently and often is more of a hindrance than an asset. If Sticky couldn't get the best out of him then I doubt anyone can.

D

Deleted member 26876

This week would be WAY better than #nextweek.

TBH I’m doubtful it will happen now, I mean the discussions on this have been going for a month or more and the longer it goes the more likely he’s just beating his price up to stay at St Merge.

We are more likely to pick up a discard as a result of the Cronk shenanigans!
From what i've heard it's the Dragons that don't really want Thompson

Also, how aren't they over the cap for next season. Hunt, Graham, Frizell, Vaughan (600K), De Belin, Widdop etc. Pretty **** players otherwise, but still

From what i've heard it's the Dragons that don't really want Thompson

Also, how aren't they over the cap for next season. Hunt, Graham, Frizell, Vaughan (600K), De Belin, Widdop etc. Pretty **** players otherwise, but still
Yeah ive heard dragons wont offer him a long term contract.
Im hearing manly could be offering 600k a yr long term for Thompson. Sounds like alot but the cap has increased so hardly breaking the bank. In my eyes he's worth that kinda $

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Apparently BJ leilua not happy at raiders and wants out.
So this has now been confirmed in the media. BJ is an animal and he now fits the misfit profile. Steve Matai was the best centre I have ever seen bar none. Any back who paints a brown stripe in opposition shorts is worth his weight in gold. There isnt a lot wrong with our squad from this year. Imo our weakest side was winterstein and kelly. I rate both players one a veteran the other a promising kid. But both depth players heading in to next season. If we sign Thompson and bj leilua Blake green has serious strike outside him. Teams can no longer shift the spare man in defence to chez siro and walks. With Jorge outside BJ the equation becomes a serious fn problem for the opposition. Raw strength and power on the left. Speed and ball playing on the right. If we sign BJ and Thompson we will be feared. We bolster our weakest side. Anyone who has played the game at any level knows you are only as strong as your weakest link. Our left edge is our only current weakness. If we can use the Snake Skivi $ to sign these 2 and a solid prop like Boyd we are a legitimate chance of top 4 and premiership glory. If we put these dollars anywhere else we are on a zorba fishing expidition with corn kernals for bait.

So that is my opinion. If the club can sign Thompson, BJ and Boyd we get 3 players who improve our squad immediately. 3 tough af league players in the prime of their careers who are unwanted by their clubs and come with the motivation of a point to prove as a bonus. That's how I would spend our money if it was my job to do so. Importantly we are on great "trading terms" with the merge and the faders.

Interested to hear how my feathered friends would support or vary this?

Oh and get the signing done quickly #nextweek

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So this has now been confirmed in the media. BJ is an animal and he now fits the misfit profile. Steve Matai was the best centre I have ever seen bar none. Any back who paints a brown stripe in opposition shorts is worth his weight in gold. There isnt a lot wrong with our squad from this year. Imo our weakest side was winterstein and kelly. I rate both players one a veteran the other a promising kid. But both depth players heading in to next season. If we sign Thompson and bj leilua Blake green has serious strike outside him. Teams can no longer shift the spare man in defence to chez siro and walks. With Jorge outside BJ the equation becomes a serious fn problem for the opposition. Raw strength and power on the left. Speed and ball playing on the right. If we sign BJ and Thompson we will be feared. We bolster our weakest side. Anyone who has played the game at any level knows you are only as strong as your weakest link. Our left edge is our only current weakness. If we can use the Snake Skivi $ to sign these 2 and a solid prop like Boyd we are a legitimate chance of top 4 and premiership glory. If we put these dollars anywhere else we are on a zorba fishing expidition with corn kernals for bait.

So that is my opinion. If the club can sign Thompson, BJ and Boyd we get 3 players who improve our squad immediately. 3 tough af league players in the prime of their careers who are unwanted by their clubs and come with the motivation of a point to prove as a bonus. That's how I would spend our money if it was my job to do so.

He’s a complete dickhead , but can play, sadly can give away a lot of penalties as well.

Not sure on that one!

Kevinward777

First Grader

So that is my opinion. If the club can sign Thompson, BJ and Boyd we get 3 players who improve our squad immediately. 3 tough af league players in the prime of their careers who are unwanted by their clubs and come with the motivation of a point to prove as a bonus. That's how I would spend our money if it was my job to do so. Importantly we are on great "trading terms" with the merge and the faders.

Yeah, as if you wouldn’t take him should he be available and want to come. Taking into account some of the sh1t in his game, I’d rather him in your side than against. Bj, Walker, Uate, Taufua, Turbo. That backline would absolutely smash it. And I’m sure some of his crap would change if he played for us. Remember how Tapau used to carry on, no ones complaining now.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Leilua himself had 14 try assists, 18th in the competition, and the only non-spine player in the top 30 in the NRL. Not only that, but he was 23rd in all-run metres for 2016, the first person on that list who wasn’t a forward or returning kicks.

Think about that. Having BJ Leilua in your side is like having an extra half and an extra forward.

BJ was also 4th in the competition in tackle breaks, second in offloads, 10th in line-break assists (ahead of Cameron Smith and Josh Hodgson) and 21st in tackle breaks.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16