New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Isnt the word out that Friend has to look for another club because Cronk, Pearce, Leary and Friend dont fit into three places, and none of those will be likely to play in the reggies

midsteyne

loyal forever
Isnt the word out that Friend has to look for another club because Cronk, Pearce, Leary and Friend dont fit into three places, and none of those will be likely to play in the reggies
A three headed queeeenslaaaaander told me this very morning the rumour floating around is Pearce to Donkies,Crank to Rooters

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Big names win Big games feathered friends
The purses are wide open
and the pursue for Cronk goes on .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
We all know what Cronk can bring to the Roosters. We all know what he will get out of it. But playing for the biggest club supported by the big end of town brings big expectation.

This is kinda funny...a guy that has every decoration in the game, was recently considering retirement because "what else is there left to do", has played under the Bellamy, and is pretty much being begged to play on by the NRL and the Roosters, and this journo thinks he might crumble under the weight of expectation?

I don't think Cronk would give a flying **** about expectation. He has absolutely nothing to lose.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
How dare you accuse toddy of weak leadership. Have you forgotten he made the brave decision to book some rapper for the GF entertainment? Like most of our business and political leaders these days, toddy is far too busy with his brave social engineering agenda to be bothered with mundane operational issues and the like.

And the decision to pay him $500k out of an already overdrawn account, filled all financial institutes with confidence ... in both the NRL's judgement and business acumen.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Big question for Cronk is will he be anywhere near as effective without Cam Smith. There were a couple of halves before Cronk who were outstanding at the Storm. Kimmorley and Orford come to mind. Kimmorley never attained those heights again. Orford came to Manly and did well. But he got slick service from Matt Ballin in the second and third year he was there, co-inciding with Manly's success. If Friend goes and they use Pearce as a makeshift hooker, I wonder whether Cronk will be as slick. Friend would give good service though. I suspect the Roosters would be better off letting Pearce go, than Friend for Cronk

double hoops

First Grader
This is very clear then .......
If some big fish are still to be landed then some of the weak players will be released whether they are contracted or not.
The weak mentality by some on this forum that we need to keep every player including the weak links on board to keep the so called team harmony does not exist with the strong and successful NRL teams .
The competitive NRL comp is not a social tea party bonding mothers comp and there is no place for mediocre for success .
The ruthless NRL is about the survival of the strongest , fastest, and most talented where winning games breeds success and success breeds team harmony .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
Perhaps I have just become accustomed to a certain level of signings our club in recent years. But I take Zorba's words to mean, other clubs are looking to sign a big fish. Our club is playing the waiting game hoping to catch a mediocre fish which gets released. I hope I am wrong. Just not sure those words mean you should expect a Marlin.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Perhaps I have just become accustomed to a certain level of signings our club in recent years. But I take Zorba's words to mean, other clubs are looking to sign a big fish. Our club is playing the waiting game hoping to catch a mediocre fish which gets released. I hope I am wrong. Just not sure those words mean you should expect a Marlin.

I agree, I doubt we are in the running for a Marlin, either through not enough money ( which I find very very hard to believe) or more likely we are on the nose ( with some players).

I think our tackle is set to pick up leftovers that are in the bilge of a few clubs trying to juggle their rosters.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Well said . We might not catch a Marlin but any improvement in our squad is a bonus .
There are few potential Marlins in our NYC premiership winning team that we have signed up .

manly al

First Grader
does anyone else here think jonus pearson would be a good signing especially now walker is out for a while?
Jonus Pearson is a good winger and footballer but if Manly were going to look in that direction , i"d say that the outside Bronco back Tom Opacic would be more suited . However i think that any other outside back options or considerations are just academic now after Jorge re signing and the priority now apparently to retain as many as the promising 20 "s Manly squad and outside backs as possible .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There’s certainly some good prospects in the 20’s and I’m really happy they’ve signed most of them.

But I still think we are an experienced Prop and a hard running second rower short of going a lot better in 2018.

But who knows , and there’s always #nextweek.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16