New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
I think we're almost there.

giphy.gif

Mitch

Bencher
From Zorba’s column today:

Landing big fish in silly season

IN THE rugby league silly season, player managers are tripping over themselves trying to do deals. Most clubs, including Manly, are playing the waiting game. It has become a game of chess. The signing or releasing of a player is having a real flow-on effect. A player joining a new club can affect up to three other players looking for a new contract. Some big fish are still to be landed.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

IN THE rugby league silly season, player managers are tripping over themselves trying to do deals. Most clubs, including Manly, are playing the waiting game. It has become a game of chess. The signing or releasing of a player is having a real flow-on effect. A player joining a new club can affect up to three other players looking for a new contract. Some big fish are still to be landed.
This is very clear then .......
If some big fish are still to be landed then some of the weak players will be released whether they are contracted or not.
The weak mentality by some on this forum that we need to keep every player including the weak links on board to keep the so called team harmony does not exist with the strong and successful NRL teams .
The competitive NRL comp is not a social tea party bonding mothers comp and there is no place for mediocre for success .
The ruthless NRL is about the survival of the strongest , fastest, and most talented where winning games breeds success and success breeds team harmony .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Last edited:

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member

Interesting is it us that are going to land a fish or other clubs? #nextweek

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As we all know there's this thing called a salary cap. It ensures you can't offload all your "weak" players and just sign "big fish". So although this maybe happening to some degree, if we do land some big fish - we will be offloading a lot more little fish to fit them under the cap and will have to replace them with more little fish to make up our squad of 25-30.

And while the little fish play for Manly and give it their best in the Maroon and White, I'll support them. You should try it sometime... :)
Go the Mighty Sea Eagles!!!
Thank you for sharing your view and this is mine .....
I have supported the mighty Sea eagles since Noah was a boy and the Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton was baptized in NRL glory .
I have never supported mediocre and the weak have always been fazed out by the premiership winning Manly teams .
To have premiership winning success there is no place for mediocre players and I don't mean that every player must be an international player , they must be consistent competent performers and not turn styles or turtles .
We are not turtles we are HIGH FLYING CATCH US IF YOU CAN SEA EAGLES !!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As we all know there's this thing called a salary cap. It ensures you can't offload all your "weak" players and just sign "big fish". So although this maybe happening to some degree, if we do land some big fish - we will be offloading a lot more little fish to fit them under the cap and will have to replace them with more little fish to make up our squad of 25-30.

And while the little fish play for Manly and give it their best in the Maroon and White, I'll support them. You should try it sometime... :)
Go the Mighty Sea Eagles!!!

Apparently the Salary Cap only exists for certain teams, some are exempt.

When Gronk is announced for the Rorters #nextweek we’ll know that they are another exempt side.

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, what can you say Mark.... its like a bad joke.

I read that in order to sign Cronk they have to offload $400k to fit him in. So if he gets $1m a season, then right now, the Roosters have $600k to spend apparently... after signing Teddy on $1m contract as well. The rich get richer....

All comes back to Greenslimeterdburger and the absolute lack of leadership of key issues. Driving the game out of existence.

Cronk is commanding 1.2 Million and Tedesco is already on a Million PLUS they don’t exactly have a team of Neville’s already do they?

damiennp90

Bencher
I'm not a roosters defender. But if you have a look at he roosters team from round 26.

You have Matterson, Mitchell, Manu, Lui, Taukeiahi, Auberson, Gordon, tetaveno, Watson, evens, Radley.

All those players would would be under 400,000. With maybe 1 or 2 on that.

And the Salery cap is going up. Also how many representative players did they have this year. 1?

Just an opinion.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Cronk is commanding 1.2 Million and Tedesco is already on a Million PLUS they don’t exactly have a team of Neville’s already do they?
Looking at their team and the players that they have released , I think they can fit Cronk but I would not be surprised if they let another player go.
1. Michael Gordon
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Mitchell Aubusson
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Luke Keary
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Dylan Napa
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Isaac Liu
14. Ryan Matterson
Siosiua Taukeiaho
16. Zane Tetevano
17. Connor Watson

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
This is very clear then .......
If some big fish are still to be landed then some of the weak players will be released whether they are contracted or not.
The weak mentality by some on this forum that we need to keep every player including the weak links on board to keep the so called team harmony does not exist with the strong and successful NRL teams .
The competitive NRL comp is not a social tea party bonding mothers comp and there is no place for mediocre for success .
The ruthless NRL is about the survival of the strongest , fastest, and most talented where winning games breads success and success breads team harmony .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Dog eat dog there Bozo. Or is that eagle eat whatever sumptuous meal that's available. Bring on the main course. Enough with the aperitifs and antipastos.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
None, don’t you know they have a Salary Cap Sombrero!
SMH 21/10/17

The Roosters will have to do some deft rejigging of the salary cap jigsaw puzzle before they can offer Cronk the A$1 million (NZ$1.12 million)-a-season he commands.

According to the NRL, they have about A$400,000 (NZ$449,000) of so-called "wiggle room" in their cap next year.

They are trying to off-load Jayden Nikorima to the Brisbane Broncos. He's reportedly on A$370,000 (NZ$415,000), and while Brisbane want him, they won't be covering all of that.

The Roosters will have to carry some of the freight, so they might have to get rid of another player and back-end Cronk's contract in his second season.

So it's complex.

Cronk is looking for the right opportunity – but is he the right opportunity for the Roosters?

They will have to move on players and his arrival places great uncertainty over the future of halfback Mitchell Pearce, who is unlikely to stomach being turned into a bench player or a hooker.

We all know what Cronk can bring to the Roosters. We all know what he will get out of it. But playing for the biggest club supported by the big end of town brings big expectation.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16