New coach suggestions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sure we need:

59AF4043-A856-45B0-AEE6-316C4B7CC776.jpeg

It certainly wouldn't be the worst option paying Desmond as a consultant to stiffen up defence and encourage a bit more respect for the jersey

No thoughts ... he is a completely untried rookie .... no relevant historical data available with which to be able to accurately predict his suitability or performance ...

But don't let that stop anybody ...

Thats the problem. We either go with someone untested much like Barrett was because there is bugger all experienced coaches to choose from. M Maguire being the only half decent one that comes to mind who is currently avail. They wont rehire Toovey and I doubt they would bring Des back(not that I would want the backstabbing ##### anyway).

Is everyone just ignoring the fact that even jack Gibson probably couldn’t do a whole lot better with all the crap that has gone on? Des has crippled the dogs with his backended crap and people seem to have short memories about what his exit does to clubs.

It’s prob part of the reason we were chasing third parties cause so much money was tied up in backended players with chronic conditions.

I said it in another thread but we only have 23 fit players. We have a whole heap of brand new combinations on both edges. Judge him at the end of the season. We don’t want to become a club that keeps turning over coaches.

Look at how that went for the west tigers. We need to be past this cap crap. I don’t envy the job baz has been given one bit

So if we keep playing like we're the parramatta Sea Eagles, fans are going to want Barrett to do an Elvis and leave the building.
We know that unfortunately Tooves isn't an option.
De$ could be available but would be an unpopular decision for many who are still burned and how could we trust him?
The tigers had brains and snapped up Cleary.
Beaver the legend seems far too nice to be a coach.
Who, with Manly blood, are our options if Trent doesn't work out?
Matt Ballin springs to mind, not for a head coach, but at least on the staff.
What are the suggestions because I think it's up to us here on Silvertails to solve this?
Cliffy and Hoppa

Thats the problem. We either go with someone untested much like Barrett was because there is bugger all experienced coaches to choose from. M Maguire being the only half decent one that comes to mind who is currently avail. They wont rehire Toovey and I doubt they would bring Des back(not that I would want the backstabbing ##### anyway).

Would that be the same M, Maguire that was sacked for being useless from Souths?

Vince Lombardi’s ghost and a training montage should do it, ala “No retreat no surrender” ... quite possibly the best movie ever made.

On pure hypothetical scenario and Baz was sacked. I’d go with Walters as well, bring in Kite and Ballin as assistants. And a completely new trainer/trainers.

Would that be the same M, Maguire that was sacked for being useless from Souths?
'
No, that would be the M Maguire that had his contract extended after winning South Sydney their first premiership in a looonnnnggg time in 2014 :)

I’m glad some of the people in this thread and forum aren’t running the club. What indication has there ever been that cliffy can coach? On the one hand Barrett gets slammed and criticized for not having enough experience and in the next breath there is the suggestion that cliffy should be the coach. Wtf?!?!

Wearing a manly jersey doesn’t mean you become a good coach straight after. Plenty of actual good coaches (Gus Gould) rate Baz. Additionally players rate baz and are willing to come and play for him despite all the drama (which is half the battle in recruitment). So why not just give them some time. We have a very young team and a club hamstrung with controversy and nrl hatred

'
No, that would be the M Maguire that had his contract extended after winning South Sydney their first premiership in a looonnnnggg time in 2014 :)

but ... but ... but ... then, they found out he really couldn't coach .... and sacked him without the benefit of a reach around ......

I’m glad some of the people in this thread and forum aren’t running the club. What indication has there ever been that cliffy can coach? On the one hand Barrett gets slammed and criticized for not having enough experience and in the next breath there is the suggestion that cliffy should be the coach. Wtf?!?!

Wearing a manly jersey doesn’t mean you become a good coach straight after. Plenty of actual good coaches (Gus Gould) rate Baz. Additionally players rate baz and are willing to come and play for him despite all the drama (which is half the battle in recruitment). So why not just give them some time. We have a very young team and a club hamstrung with controversy and nrl hatred

Exactly .... like MacGregor, I will judge Baz in his 4th year .... that will be time enough for him to build the team he wants, his way .... I like what I see in Baz (given no one but Menzies is perfect) but by his 4th season, if it's not on ... it ain't on ...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8