New coach suggestions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
So if we keep playing like we're the parramatta Sea Eagles, fans are going to want Barrett to do an Elvis and leave the building.
We know that unfortunately Tooves isn't an option.
De$ could be available but would be an unpopular decision for many who are still burned and how could we trust him?
The tigers had brains and snapped up Cleary.
Beaver the legend seems far too nice to be a coach.
Who, with Manly blood, are our options if Trent doesn't work out?
Matt Ballin springs to mind, not for a head coach, but at least on the staff.
What are the suggestions because I think it's up to us here on Silvertails to solve this?

Only Maguire would be an option.

No one in their right mind would come here to coach, or play. The stench is sickening.

Its not happening as Barrett has the job for as long as he wants it. He has a dud roster and is hamstrung by salary cap restrictions that will affect us for at least 2 for seasons after this.

Prepare yourselves people, the pain has only just begun.

Its gonna be a long and bumpy ride that could see us land in Perth by 2021.

giphy.gif

Need some magical paper bags to get some players

Only Maguire would be an option.

No one in their right mind would come here to coach, or play. The stench is sickening.

Its not happening as Barrett has the job for as long as he wants it. He has a dud roster and is hamstrung by salary cap restrictions that will affect us for at least 2 for seasons after this.

Prepare yourselves people, the pain has only just begun.

Its gonna be a long and bumpy ride that could see us land in Perth by 2021.
But things can change from season to season. So far this year look at Tigers, Warriors, St George, compared to Sharks, Cowboys, the Slime and us of course.
Look at the Sharks drug scandal. Relocation was mentioned a lot during that period. And then they win the Premiership. The tigers have been a mess previous years with talk of relocation but at the moment they're firing.
I think we can recover.
Attitude is huge of course and we do need some smart retention and recruitment.
I have to disagree that no one would want to come here. Six rounds of 2018 doesn't summarise the Manly club and remember Greenberg influenced our recruiting for this year and has dented it for '19. There has been plenty of talk of promising juniors coming through. We have a challenge but I believe we can rise to it even if it may take a while.

Always thought we missed the boat in not getting Mal Reilly.
Bit late now !!

But things can change from season to season. So far this year look at Tigers, Warriors, St George, compared to Sharks, Cowboys, the Slime and us of course.
Look at the Sharks drug scandal. Relocation was mentioned a lot during that period. And then they win the Premiership. The tigers have been a mess previous years with talk of relocation but at the moment they're firing.
I think we can recover.
I have to disagree that no one would want to come here. Six rounds of 2018 doesn't summarise the Manly club and remember Greenberg influenced our recruiting for this year and has dented it for '19. There has been plenty of talk of promising juniors coming through. We have a challenge but I believe we can rise to it even if it may take a while.

And Niccipops ... you mention Tigers, Warriors and Dragons ...

At this point it would be wise to remember that ..

1) Ivan Cleary has been sacked from his last 2 coaching gigs ...
2) The Dragons fans have been calling for Mary MacGregor's sacking for 3 years.
3) Warriors Kearney has a 31% win rate and was tipped to not last til round 10.

Also that Paul Green must be a ****house coach ....

I think we can recover.
Great post but this has no place here at this point in time...

giphy.gif

Not that I think TB should be sacked but because we are talking about options, what about Kevvie Walters? Ignore the fact he is a Queenslander. Thoughts!

No thoughts ... he is a completely untried rookie .... no relevant historical data available with which to be able to accurately predict his suitability or performance ...

But don't let that stop anybody ...

He doesn't have Manly blood, but I'd take Kevin Walters as our coach in a heartbeat. Smart guy, great results at Origin. Only problem is, being smart, he probably wouldn't want the gig.

Barrett is mainly responsible for the largely Manly sub standard play yesterday ? Maybe if yesterday 's poor performance becomes too repetitive , the buck may eventually stop at the Manly coaching staff but for now i would say some serious soul searching and general improvement by quite a few of the Manly players is the main requirement .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6