New coach for Cronulla - 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hahahaha
Nathan
Trent
Mary
Now Craig
Riolo manager. Hahaha
Illawarra Steelers modern pedigree
All good blokes and got on the fizz with all of them
But big fish in little ponds in the gong

mmmmm .... But wait .. what about
Bozo
Woc Ryan
Craig young
Graham Murray
Joe cool
Jason Ryles
The crow
Chang
Barnes

fitzy a hard working team player on the field who always did the fundamental right

think fitzy might succeed
What I don’t get is that Morris has taken this team to finals The last two years. Fitzy has never coached a first grade team and although there are wraps on him, there were bigger wraps in O’Brien and what’s he done at Newcastle? Nothing imo . The knock on Morris is he’s not beaten Tge better sides. But tbh I wouldn’t care if we don’t beat the “better” teams but beat all the ones we need to to make the 8. That’s kinda what I’m hoping for this year. Also I’ve been really impressed with the sharks so far this year. Playing sone real good footy. I’d have Morris as an assistant to Des at Manly for sure.

"Craig has served a long and successful apprenticeship under Trent Robinson at the Roosters and alongside Brad Fittler at a state level and we are confident he can emulate that success as a head coach here at the Sharks." (quote from the NRL.com article)

I don't attend Roosters training sessions so I don't have first hand knowledge (or second or third hand knowledge) of the role that Craig plays at the Roosters but it seems to me that (a) Fitz has been ASSISTANT coach at a team full of superstars and (b) that Fittler and his coaching team haven't exactly cloaked themselves in glory with the Blues.

What I don’t get is that Morris has taken this team to finals The last two years. Fitzy has never coached a first grade team and although there are wraps on him, there were bigger wraps in O’Brien and what’s he done at Newcastle? Nothing imo . The knock on Morris is he’s not beaten Tge better sides. But tbh I wouldn’t care if we don’t beat the “better” teams but beat all the ones we need to to make the 8. That’s kinda what I’m hoping for this year. Also I’ve been really impressed with the sharks so far this year. Playing sone real good footy. I’d have Morris as an assistant to Des at Manly for sure.
Yeah I believe John Morris would be ideal replacement long term for Des given he being put into this coaching director position.

One of those circumstances where politics are playing a bigger part than performance.
He has certainly made an enemy of the wrong shark by the look of it.
I feel for seems a genuine nice bloke and was making the most of a terrible situation he walked in on.

I reckon there is something not right, with Fifita being stuck in reserves all year so far. Fifita was their 2016 GF hero, and a few noses would be out of joint with that perhaps.

Maybe he poisoned the team against Morris - was it him or his brother that threatened a junior ref a few years back? If it was him, then he doesn't seem to react kindly to things not going his way...

Whilst I feel the sacking of Morris is deplorable, it shows Cronulla do not "just" make the final 8. They could see that is all they will be getting with Morris. Kent is getting their side of the story out that Morris didn't communicate consistently between the front office and the players and Johnson intimates that Morris wasn't allowed to be the boss.
All we know is that Morris "has" the dressing room and Cronulla may have made the 8 as a goodbye gesture for Morris and the Shark Board couldn't afford to have their noses rubbed in it hence hastalavista.

They were in the top 4 when he got canned

could have been under Hook too tho right? Who knows might have won last year too. Will never know.
True, but do you think the panthers fans are bothered now? Fair enough they fell at the final hurdle last year but that had as much to do with experience (or lack of) They have a young side playing attractive footy with an edge to their defence and should go all the way this year.

True, but do you think the panthers fans are bothered now? Fair enough they fell at the final hurdle last year but that had as much to do with experience (or lack of) They have a young side playing attractive footy with an edge to their defence and should go all the way this year.
Lets keep that in perspective, Not only did they push out Griffin prematurely they moved on a number of expensive underperforming first grade players in their backline and replaced them with quality youngsters.

I think Morris would be a great assistant at Manly. Sign him up. The Sharks have fantastic attacking structures and their set plays are fluent, at the line and STRAIGHT! Can we have him as our attacking coach please?

he also seems very humble, unlike some of the other young coaches who strike me as very arrogant - Payten and O’Brien to name a couple.

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has no concerns about newly appointed Cronulla coach Craig Fitzgibbon stealing Tricolours stars and says “it’s time” for his long-time assistant to step up as an NRL head coach at the Sharks.

After a successful nine-year stint with the Roosters as an assistant under Robinson, Fitzgibbon will take on the reins at the Sharks from next season.

His appointment at Cronulla could prompt him to use his relationship with Roosters players to lure them to the Shire, like ex-Penrith assistant Trent Barrett at Canterbury with Panthers playmaker Matt Burton.

But Robinson isn’t worried about Fitzgibbon signing Roosters players as part of his Cronulla rebuild.

“No, there is not that concern,” Robinson said frankly, even though the Roosters have 20 players off contract in the next two seasons.

“There is a code between coaches on how all that works and an understanding.

So is there a code.... unless Trent (edit: or the dalai arfur)does it? Or no code?

Last edited:
Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has no concerns about newly appointed Cronulla coach Craig Fitzgibbon stealing Tricolours stars and says “it’s time” for his long-time assistant to step up as an NRL head coach at the Sharks.

After a successful nine-year stint with the Roosters as an assistant under Robinson, Fitzgibbon will take on the reins at the Sharks from next season.

His appointment at Cronulla could prompt him to use his relationship with Roosters players to lure them to the Shire, like ex-Penrith assistant Trent Barrett at Canterbury with Panthers playmaker Matt Burton.

But Robinson isn’t worried about Fitzgibbon signing Roosters players as part of his Cronulla rebuild.

“No, there is not that concern,” Robinson said frankly, even though the Roosters have 20 players off contract in the next two seasons.

“There is a code between coaches on how all that works and an understanding.

So is there a code.... unless Trent does it? Or no code?
There was certainly no code followed by the prick at Parra.

That meeting followed reports the club had continually declined to talk to Morris about extending his contract — something Mezzatesta said was “rubbish”.

“It was a positive meeting because we didn’t go at each other’s throats. We had an adult conversation. But it certainly wasn’t me saying, ‘You’re in pole position’,” he told the Sydney Morning Herald about Monday’s meeting.

“But for that to be presented that this was the first time that I have met with him (about his contract) is rubbish. We work together. All I said to John (was), ‘You’ve had the inside lane because you’re the incumbent. The board knows you’.”

Err... Isn't that the same thing, figuratively?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8