New coach for Cronulla - 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A results driven business the line was when Toovey got sacked by Penn..

Des would have been gone last season if this was the real reasoning.
Yeah I was thinking of the parallels between this playing out and how Toovey was treated:
  • Inherited a team with Premiership winners
  • Steered them to consecutive Finals (including a GF in Tooves case)
  • Were shipped out in favour of a 'highly regarded' ex-player rookie coach with no runs on the board with petty performance-related excuses

How did that work out for Manly, given our performance 2016-2021?

This has the potential to screw up the Sharkies for the next 5+ years, Morris isn't perfect but he's punched above his weight and costs them fk all in salary.

The cartel of players at Cronulla haven't performed, and their roster is as imbalanced as ours is in places:
Fifita 800k, Dugan 900k, Johnson 1mil, Wade Graham 750k, Moylan 900k, Townsend 800k (purported), Ramien 500k - they have a lot of them on the sidelines pretty often too yet have some gun youngsters Morris has blooded.

Hard done by and prick move by the Cronulla board in the way they have gone about it.

Yeah I was thinking of the parallels between this playing out and how Toovey was treated:
  • Inherited a team with Premiership winners
  • Steered them to consecutive Finals (including a GF in Tooves case)
  • Were shipped out in favour of a 'highly regarded' ex-player rookie coach with no runs on the board with petty performance-related excuses

How did that work out for Manly, given our performance 2016-2021?

This has the potential to screw up the Sharkies for the next 5+ years, Morris isn't perfect but he's punched above his weight and costs them fk all in salary.

The cartel of players at Cronulla haven't performed, and their roster is as imbalanced as ours is in places:
Fifita 800k, Dugan 900k, Johnson 1mil, Wade Graham 750k, Moylan 900k, Townsend 800k (purported), Ramien 500k - they have a lot of them on the sidelines pretty often too yet have some gun youngsters Morris has blooded.

Hard done by and prick move by the Cronulla board in the way they have gone about it.
Not to mention he has had to operate with a salary cap reduced squad due to breaches prior to his appointment. As I said above, he really was dealt a sht sandwich but never complained and performed well imo.

Fox League reported last night that Cronulla has told Morris to go “ immediately “ with plans to use a fill in for the rest of the year.

Jeez that must be a happy camp

Not to mention he has had to operate with a salary cap reduced squad due to breaches prior to his appointment. As I said above, he really was dealt a sht sandwich but never complained and performed well imo.
I wish we were playing them this weekend

I get that, but Morris gets served nothing but a sht sandwich and actually handles it really well, all for nothing. All things considered, Morris has done really well given the roster he was lumped with. Fitzgibbon may well do better, but he will be handed a more settled club and a cheque book with $4m+ to spend. Ie, the complete opposite circumstances to what Morris is being judged on. I understand the cut throat nature of professional sport, but my point is mostly that I have a lot of empathy for Morris in his situation. I hope he finds a success elsewhere.
agreed - disgusting way to treat someone that is for sure

Hahahaha
Nathan
Trent
Mary
Now Craig
Riolo manager. Hahaha
Illawarra Steelers modern pedigree
All good blokes and got on the fizz with all of them
But big fish in little ponds in the gong

mmmmm .... But wait .. what about
Bozo
Woc Ryan
Craig young
Graham Murray
Joe cool
Jason Ryles
The crow
Chang
Barnes

fitzy a hard working team player on the field who always did the fundamental right

think fitzy might succeed

Apparently tge players don’t like him. However Johnson was on the Matty Johns show Sunday and was positive about him.
Wade Graham spoke well of him as well. Something doesn't smell right and there is definitely more to it than what has been let on. The haste that has been shown getting rid of him indicates serious unrest somewhere.
The truth is a rare commodity nowadays and the ones backing him could very well be those instigating his demise.
They played really well on the weekend and it is difficult to fathom they would if there is a revolt against the coach.

Who knows?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8