negatives from yesterday's thrashing of Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our goal kicking needs to be much better. Walker was hitting them ugly yesterday. We need good goal kicking against the top Teams, they all have them
Yup goal kicking is so critical in a tight comp and its the major piece of the puzzle we are lacking. Dylans technique looks a little haphazard for mine - the great goal kickers had a very structured clinical look about them in their preparation and execution. Just needs a good kicking coach to tighten things up a bit..i want to see improvement week to week. Hopefully by back end of the season he'll be a solid 80 percenter

I even saw one article that credited Robinson (yes the Roosters coach) for Manly's win yesterday. Anything except praise for Manly, it seems!
Yep, Robinson Is the only coach Being innovative in recent years. But to Trents credit, at least we have identified it, comprehended it works, and copied it with in a week or two.

Will Trent Robinson be coaching both sides next week?

Two points, one positive, one negative. Why oh why does Barrett keep selecting Brown on the bench. I watched him when he came on and he did little of value. Why is he ahead of Hastings, a far better option.

The positive is Api. Wow! What a turnaround in the past two weeks. He's been dynamic. His passing has been accurate, his defence solid and he is a real jack in the box in attack. I suspect Hastings has a wider selection of skills, but Api uses what skills he has with enthusiasm and with a minimum of mistakes. Top couple of performances there from the No 9

I will post negative observations when they are in my opinion deserved and positive also when deserved. The past 2 weeks have been good, the 26 games before that on the whole were pretty crap and deserved to be called out for what it was.

One thing I won't ever do is blindly, mindlessly and without any sort of intellectual thought parrot the same rose coloured glasses comments week in week out.

Edit: Not suggesting you have done this.

Well played Sir Ralphie. It seems that you have a much higher than average, marginal propensity to spout negative dribble (aka negative bull**** also know as crap) about the team (your team), well-disguised as intellectual thought, and couched as such. Very similar to that last sentence of mine. I salute you. Well played Sir.

Same for me. I just wish that they had played the same as they have the last two weekends when I was at Brookie the other week against Souths. My first time down at Brookie in a number of years and we get our butts kicked. :(

Feel for you mate
I have watched at
Shellharbour pub
Toowoomba cube hotel
Club hotel chinchilla & this week the Coogee bay hotel

Not that I have a drinking problem

But I will be there this Friday in full voice and colours

Only negatives for me:
1) The electronic scoreboard's still out of order at Brookie - you would think Lottoland would've got it going in the off-season :banghead:
2) Bar a handful of players, many didn't come around the fence for the traditional celebratory hi-fiving a Manly win - where's Matty Ballin who use to after every win! (At least DCE did and acknowledged our presence in his victory speech after the game.)

Having said that the positives very much outweigh the negatives!

Crowd figure of under 10,000 was a negative. I missed the game, down in Melbourne for a wedding, surprised we usually draw more for the Dogs. The Dogs usually get decent numbers to Brookie, was there traveling support poor on Saturday?

Crowd figure of under 10,000 was a negative. I missed the game, down in Melbourne for a wedding, surprised we usually draw more for the Dogs. The Dogs usually get decent numbers to Brookie, was there traveling support poor on Saturday?

If Manly continue to perform, those numbers will almost double before the end of the year.

There was a reasonable support from the dogs but not like previous years.

I always say if it looks like rain you take 5k off the crowd

Well played Sir Ralphie. It seems that you have a much higher than average, marginal propensity to spout negative dribble (aka negative bull**** also know as crap) about the team (your team), well-disguised as intellectual thought, and couched as such. Very similar to that last sentence of mine. I salute you. Well played Sir.
I guess you overlooked the word opinion.

Thanks for that, just read the article, had to go and get Mylanta to settle down. What a load of rubbish. Why not give credit to Barrett/Fulton as they had this as their plan for 2016, and it was the team that wasn't up to it.

Lachlan Mylanta?

I went looking for it as an artilce that pathetic has to be seen to be believed...!

Here it is.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/dd358dae58f7341a825108a761cb8e2f

TRENT Robinson wasn’t at Brookvale Oval on Saturday — to the best of our knowledge — but his fingerprints were all over the place.

Daly Cherry-Evans set the hallowed turf alight to guide Manly to a dominant 36-0 victory over Canterbury and Fox Sports commentator Mark Gasnier believes Robinson played a big part in the halfback’s starring role.

****ing wanker

Gasnier's a dumbarse. Two coaches being named Trent was too much for his pea brain to handle, it obviously made his head explode.

Bulldogs are not pushovers, they almost bested the roosters. Dogs have been a lot better than last year. Why are we looking for negatives in a great win? Let's just enjoy it. Only negative I see is losing Tom, Jake and possibly dce to origin. Maybe a couple of others as well.
Dce wont be picked for origin with the current girls club spine of Thursty, cranky and sooty. hes been put on the outside for now.

I guess you overlooked the word opinion.

No actually, in this particular case I just overlooked your opinion. My opinion based on the four games this season so far, is that we will do very well to beat the Roosters this week. Intellectually I would be more than satisfied with a committed defensive effort and a competitive narrow loss. However, when heart rules mind, and in the spirit of "blindly, mindlessly and without any sort of intellectual thought parroting the same rose coloured glasses comments week in week out". Manly by 10 is the only acceptable result.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2