negatives from yesterday's thrashing of Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Each time we've been beaten over the last couple of years there's always some thread about finding some positives among the gloom*, so I thought in the interests of maintaining some balanced perspective we need a thread like this today.

Negatives:
  • We didn't beat much because the Dogs could well finish bottom 4 this year, this must have been one of their worst performances in many years
  • The match finished after 80 minutes, but I really wanted it to keep going.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there are more.

*I know because I always desperately look for them!

And consistent to form, many in the media are talking about how poorly the opposition played, rather than how well Manly performed. Still looking for excuses for Manly's sudden explosive efforts. I'm surprised some havent raised that old spectre about drug taking, just to add doubt to the legitimacy of the Sea Eagles turn around.

I only had 10 on 13 plus

Attachments

• IMG_4368.JPG
    IMG_4368.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4368.JPG
    IMG_4368.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 18
Only negative for me is that the dogs scored Nil. I would have liked them to score less, maybe - 10.

And possibly who makes way for lussick. Someone playing good footy will slip back although unless there is injury, i expect darcy will come back through reggies to get some game time after such a long lay off

All the second half woes will get better. Its only round 4. Hands and fitness will get better as will the self belief.fooy season is always slow until just before origin when they all warm up.

Also trent is playing his bench differently which adds to the player drain a bit but i like it. I think hastings is purely insurance. In trents brief coaching career he lost backs early in games plenty of times last year and i think this is the result. He will have to get some game time soon though

Marty, myles, bj are all playing good minutes

Greta effort past 2 weeks but Winterstein just doesn't seem to make any impact? Everything else was magic!!!

We didn't play consistently for 80 minutes, if we had it would have been 60 nil!
1st half was great, but I agree we have yet to put in a full 80 minute performance.

I have been a huge critic and I am as yet unconvinced, but certainly starting to move to the optimistic side. The negatives are largely fixable, although goal kicking will continue to be a problem.

Class rises week in week out and sometimes teams can lift and overachieve for a while and then regress, ala st merge. I am unsure which of those we are right now.

It's not a negative but wonder about carrying brown and Hastings together. In a tough grinding match where our forwards are really tested I'm not sure how this matches up. When lussick comes back for me it is an easy choice brown out lussuck in. That will be us at full strength.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8