Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently on the outer at the worms, I have always liked his aggression and think he could fit right in at the beaches ...

Discuss??
I know both he and his old man are/ were Manly supporters!

But I don't think we have a place for him unfortunately as we have Jake playing that position?

Honestly, I think the best add we could get would he Cooper Cronk. Our very own Cameron Ciraldo.

Get rid of Monaghan / Randall, and bring in some game IQ.

Des assistant to begin with the succession plan to take over. Bring the Storm mentality.

Hi Ryan, not sure why you're talking about Nathan Brown the former coach instead of Nathan Brown the Parra player but, on the topic of assistant coaches, It looks like Monas has a good relationship with the players. I don't have any insights into the playing group or the coaching team but, I get a sense that we haven't seen what Monas is capable of doing as a head coach because Des seems to do things the Des way only.
How much input from the assistant coaches (if any) do you think Des incorporates into running the team?
I'd love to see Manly develop another ex-player turned coach.
The best coaches don't have to be former great players as we all know. Bellamy, Gus, Bennett, Cleary and the in demand Ciraldo to name a few.
Probably worth its own thread but, I wonder if we look outside the club again for our next coach, or develop from within. I've wondered 'when' and 'who' constantly this season!

I think it will come down to Monaghan and Randall. Hope so.

The Hasler/Monaghan/Randall dynamics are interesting. Both played under Hasler and both were usurped/shown the door by Des, not without some angst. Monaghan seemed to go into a funk for awhile when it became clear Orford was joining Manly.

As for Randall, I don’t think his dad was too happy when Des decided Chad was surplus to requirements.

Looks like those fences have long since been mended.

I think it will come down to Monaghan and Randall. Hope so.

The Hasler/Monaghan/Randall dynamics are interesting. Both played under Hasler and both were usurped/shown the door by Des, not without some angst. Monaghan seemed to go into a funk for awhile when it became clear Orford was joining Manly.

As for Randall, I don’t think his dad was too happy when Des decided Chad was surplus to requirements.

Looks like those fences have long since been mended.
Very good point TZ. I remember when Des first coached Manly, Cleal had a lot to do with reserve grade then and Cleal would tell a certain player he was going to be picked to play first grade but Des over ruled him and said ,thats going to happen. I know I knew a certain player that was killing in reserves back then, he was next in line to step up, but if Des doesnt like the look of you, then you have buckleys of getting a gamein the top grade

We are not a coercive and well drilled football side. We have our moments but consistency is our achilles heal. Sure the the officials don't do us any favours and clearly poor decisions have costs competitions points this year and in previous years. But against the likes of Penrith and Melbourne we haven't been in the contest for years. We lack mental fortitude, tenacity, grit and the fighting spirit.

I can only put it down to the players not believing in their leaders, the systems (if there are any) and each other. Hard to be inspired by players throwing away possession with errors, kicking early when you are tired from tackling and then rolling the dice on low percentage plays coming up empty. The excuses of injuries and suspensions have become trite and tiresome.

I was looking for improvement in these areas particularly this season after a great season on the back of Turbo last year but have seen none. Instead early in the season we looked like a school team playing off the back of our star player (Turbo) who was being shut down by organized defences. We are clunky in attack and frequently disorganised in defence particularly out wide where poor decisions are made often by players rushing up out of the line. We make far too many errors to expect to win games against good sides.

I don't see 7 wins and 8 losses as anything to be excited about, particularly when our wins have only been against the Dogs (13th), Raiders (11th), Newcastle (12th), Titans (16th), Warriors (15th) and Tigers x 2 (14th). I describe that as a very ordinary season so far.

Things need to be changed and improved and it may be that the personal that are charged to do that job just can't get it done. I don't see Nathan Brown as the answer but things need to be changed.

Honestly, I think the best add we could get would he Cooper Cronk. Our very own Cameron Ciraldo.

Get rid of Monaghan / Randall, and bring in some game IQ.

Des assistant to begin with the succession plan to take over. Bring the Storm mentality.
Mate I regularly think about this. Cronk would be ideal.
And yes the Storm mentality is a winning one.
Ultimately I would have loved for Bellamy to coach Manly at some point - how good would we go then!!

Consistency definitely has not been a strong suit this season , injury disruptions aside , yet still clearly show at times that the side is top 8 standard in the main . Very frustrating to say the least including all of the above average dud official calls against the side . Nathan Brown the coach or Nathan Brown the player would not really help matters , just a better run with injuries and that mind set to be in games and competitive for the entirety .

Hi Ryan, not sure why you're talking about Nathan Brown the former coach instead of Nathan Brown the Parra player but, on the topic of assistant coaches, It looks like Monas has a good relationship with the players. I don't have any insights into the playing group or the coaching team but, I get a sense that we haven't seen what Monas is capable of doing as a head coach because Des seems to do things the Des way only.
How much input from the assistant coaches (if any) do you think Des incorporates into running the team?
I'd love to see Manly develop another ex-player turned coach.
The best coaches don't have to be former great players as we all know. Bellamy, Gus, Bennett, Cleary and the in demand Ciraldo to name a few.
Probably worth its own thread but, I wonder if we look outside the club again for our next coach, or develop from within. I've wondered 'when' and 'who' constantly this season!

Yeah, I know they meant Brown the player. I think we have the roster - what I don't think we have is the 2022 game standards and coaching.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4