My team that might actually win a game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Guaca may get to prove you wrong mate if he can get a crack

From our Reserve grade game yesterday, standout for mine was Tim Simona at centre.. Played really strong with a good turn of speed and excellent defensive reads. Also Morgan Harper who played well at fullback with some good speedy breaks.

Des should consider promoting Simona to NRL centre in place of Parker, Harper to fullback in place of Walker who would go back to his proper position as our other centre. I would be moving Suli out to wing outside Simona. Parker could go to the bench. I think that might liven up our backline somewhat. Simona has had heaps of experience in first grade so wont be out place.

From our Reserve grade game yesterday, standout for mine was Tim Simona at centre.. Played really strong with a good turn of speed and excellent defensive reads. Also Morgan Harper who played well at fullback with some good speedy breaks.

Des should consider promoting Simona to NRL centre in place of Parker, Harper to fullback in place of Walker who would go back to his proper position as our other centre. I would be moving Suli out to wing outside Simona. Parker could go to the bench. I think that might liven up our backline somewhat. Simona has had heaps of experience in first grade so wont be out place.
Is Simona allowed to play first grade? I thought he was still banned

Plus we can’t promote Blacktown players until after round 11 or something

So here we are again.

What do we know? Well theres a few certainties:
1. Penrith will flog us
2. Players should be held accountable

Knowing 1 for certain, it would probably be wise not to debut someone like Ben Trbojevic through a ring of fire vs Penrith (although any bloke with 4 limbs should get the gig over Gosiewski).

Saying this, we also know that DCE will not get moved to 9 like people are hoping. A better and more realistic solution? Move him to 6. I've long thought Cherry Evans is a five eighth mainly because the strengths of his game are his off the cuff running and passing game, although he still has the traights of a half with a good long kicking game (usually). His short kicking game sucks and hardly ever gets us a repeat set. Put him 6 - we saw when Foz was organising the team we were in more control.

Another thing we know is that Schuster is already the best player in our team this year - unfortunately he will have to stay in the back row.

We also know that Garrick will not get dropped as he actually had a good game (for once).

Gosiewski shouldn't see first grade again. Although with our injury toll its hard not to pick him.

Team below:
1. Walker 2. Saab 3. Harper 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. Cherry-Evans 7. Foran
8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Trbojevic (c) 11. Schuster 12. Parker 13. Keppie

14. Sipley 15. Taupau 16. Aloiai 17. Funa / Trbojevic - Wouldn't mind getting an exemption to bring Keighran in. Croker I guess will have to do.
What difference does 6 or 7 make. One plays left , one plays right. 6 doesn’t play outside 7.
Other than the 4 middles, the rest are left or right players in their position.Numbers mean nothing.

Generally the halfback calls more often for the ball and is regarded as more of an organiser. Effectively I think you mean Foran runs the show. I’ve no problem with that.Should have been the case from round 1.

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Foran
13. Saddler
12. Marty
11. Aloiai
10. Paseka
9. DCE
8. Jake

14. Keppie
15. Sipley
16. Cust
17. Boyle

• Walker has to play centre so Harper best option at Fullback
  • Parker and Garrick have to go (Garrick did play fine against St. George but haven't seen enough of it)
  • If the Roosters were happy to play Tippytoes on the wing then so Am I.
  • Josh and Foran have been our most dangerous and need to play 6/7
  • Have only seen Saddler play once at BWSE against the Bears but he looked up to it and he's passionate and a leader
  • Marty and Aloia edges..not sure if this works but happy to get out best players in the team.
  • We all know Jake has to be in the front row
  • I think it was Maxsta that said DCE looked good running out of dummy half even though it happened a couple of times. We/He also need a shake up so this is it.
  • The bench is the best of the rest. Boyle wouldn't make it if others were fit but we have injuries!
What about Suli? He seems to go under radar, haven't seen anything from him this year. This guy should be more damaging. Really doesn't do much on average. Want to see this block have an aggressive crack everyweek.

What about Suli? He seems to go under radar, haven't seen anything from him this year. This guy should be more damaging. Really doesn't do much on average. Want to see this block have an aggressive crack everyweek.
I'm still ok on Suli given the alternatives....i know others aren't and that's fine. I wouldn't be upset if they tried Funa to see what he can do.

Watching the game delayed as I was travelling. Observations from tonight:
  • The whole team is desperately unfit – line speed, kick-chase and support play were hopeless. Shown by the rush of late points against us recently
  • Foran looks like he played a year too long, Parker too slow, Garrick is lazy, Croker is not up to first grade, Go-jet-ski looks broken, Walker not a fullback
  • On the suggested team changes – Funa is too slow – we need more speed in the backline. Young Turbo may need a bit more time in reserve grade to toughen up his defence
  • Paseka was best, and someone needs to shadow him to take advantage of his offloads. Aloaia was ok.
  • Jake needs to threaten with an inside ball – he is too predictable.
  • Every player needs to carry and sleep with a ball 24/7 for the next week – turnovers were ridiculously high
I still have hope for the finals though, once injuries are overcome.
oh I love the carry and sleep with the ball for the week... very very old school but gee after a week of that the message gets through loud and clear. Somehow sadly this generation would find that abusive and have someone sacked and then up on charges lol

Last edited:
Tyfuna too slow?
I doubt that.
I watched a fair bit of him in the lower grades and thought he was more than fast enough, and talented enough, to become a good NRL player.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10