My team that might actually win a game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

The Royal Soup

First Grader
I’d actually like to see this:

1. Harper

2. Saab

3. Walker

4. Suli

5. Funa

6. Schuster

7. Foran

8. Paseka

9. DCE

10. Marty

11. Parker

12. Keppie

13. Jake

14. Cust

15. Tof

16. Alohai

17. Ben Turbo

won’t happen tho cause Des... but I really think DCE needs to be our hooker, then when you bring Cust on play DCE at 7 and spell Foran

1 - 7 I like.

I don't get the Parker to backrow fascination. It's one player in from where he is now, what miracle is going to occur that will make him break tackles and hit holes just because he is one pass closer to the ruck ??
Happy to drop Parker, but who else we have to go there?

saddler not allowed apperntly

I’d like to see a bit of a forward shake up and change to our edge defence (dce/jetski very vulnerable).

1. Morgan Harper
2. Jason Saab
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Reuben Garrick (edit* I would drop him personally but not happening)
6. Keiran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Martin Taupau
12. Josh Schuster
13. Zac Saddler (or maybe Jetski if not available)

Bench
14. Lachlan Croker (hmm)
15. Morgan Boyle/Keppie (Boyle makes more sense)
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Toafofoa Sipley

General subbing setup
0-20/25mins;
Jake, Cust, Paseka, Taupau, Schuster, Saddler
20/25-30mins; Sipley, Cust, Aloiai.....
30-50mins; Sipley, Croker, Aloiai, Taupau, Schuster, Boyle
50-55mins; Jake, Cust, Aloiai... Saddler
55-80mins; Jake, Cust, Paseka...

Last edited by a moderator:
Therein lies the problem. I'd go with Aloe Vera and put Boyle on bench. How ****house is Guaca's injury - talk about bad timing
A forward , any forward. Did anyone see f...ing Hunt rag doll Scorpio today one on one. The guy couldn’t knock the top off a rice pudding. Edge forward is toughest position physically because they play 80 min - you don’t need rag dolls in there.

Like the side otherwise Strone. Except young Turbot is simply not even close.

1. Morgan Harper
2. Jason Saab
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Keiran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Martin Taupau
12. Josh Schuster
13. Zac Saddler (or maybe Jetski if not available)
Bench
14. Lachlan Croker (hmm)
15. Morgan Boyle/Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Toafofoa Sipley

• 30mins pass; Sub off Cust for Croker, until say 50 min mark
  • 30mins pass; Sub off Cust for Croker, until say 50 min mark
  • 30mins pass; sub off Saddler for Boyle for 25 minutes

General subbing setup
0-20/25mins;
Jake, Cust, Paseka, Taupau, Schuster, Saddler
20-30mins; Sipley, Cust, Aloiai.....
30-50mins; Sipley, Croker, Aloiai, Taupau, Schuster, Boyle
50-55mins; Jake, Cust, Aloiai... Saddler
55-80mins; Jake, Cust, Paseka...
Thoughtful post but lost me at Garrick.
Tried hard vs Illawarra but imo, just not there and should not be there.
Also didn't mind the DCE at 9 in another post option, took 2 scoots from there tonight and both times looked dangerous and created momentum....which only happened 4-5 times in 80 minutes....his 2 scurries accounted for 40% of Manly looking dangerous....
The dumb part was Illawarra did not look like scoring till resorting to a bomb for Lomax, which was obvious yet Manly didn't contest....then we fall apart and let in another 6 tries ....

Watching the game delayed as I was travelling. Observations from tonight:
  • The whole team is desperately unfit – line speed, kick-chase and support play were hopeless. Shown by the rush of late points against us recently
  • Foran looks like he played a year too long, Parker too slow, Garrick is lazy, Croker is not up to first grade, Go-jet-ski looks broken, Walker not a fullback
  • On the suggested team changes – Funa is too slow – we need more speed in the backline. Young Turbo may need a bit more time in reserve grade to toughen up his defence
  • Paseka was best, and someone needs to shadow him to take advantage of his offloads. Aloaia was ok.
  • Jake needs to threaten with an inside ball – he is too predictable.
  • Every player needs to carry and sleep with a ball 24/7 for the next week – turnovers were ridiculously high
I still have hope for the finals though, once injuries are overcome.

Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Funa
Foz
DCE
Paseka
Cust
Taupau
Aloiai
Schuster
Jake

Croker (until lawton is available, I do think cust can play 80 tho, but just in case)
Saddler
Sipley
Keppie

Watching the game delayed as I was travelling. Observations from tonight:
  • The whole team is desperately unfit – line speed, kick-chase and support play were hopeless. Shown by the rush of late points against us recently
  • Foran looks like he played a year too long, Parker too slow, Garrick is lazy, Croker is not up to first grade, Go-jet-ski looks broken, Walker not a fullback
  • On the suggested team changes – Funa is too slow – we need more speed in the backline. Young Turbo may need a bit more time in reserve grade to toughen up his defence
  • Paseka was best, and someone needs to shadow him to take advantage of his offloads. Aloaia was ok.
  • Jake needs to threaten with an inside ball – he is too predictable.
  • Every player needs to carry and sleep with a ball 24/7 for the next week – turnovers were ridiculously high
I still have hope for the finals though, once injuries are overcome.
You lost all respect from me when you bagged Foran and somehow over-looked the mythical DCE. There is one half actually playing direct, taking on the line and creating... and I'll give you a hint, he earns a tiny portion of what the mythical long neck rapes from our cap.

Thoughtful post but lost me at Garrick.
Tried hard vs Illawarra but imo, just not there and should not be there.
Also didn't mind the DCE at 9 in another post option, took 2 scoots from there tonight and both times looked dangerous and created momentum....which only happened 4-5 times in 80 minutes....his 2 scurries accounted for 40% of Manly looking dangerous....
The dumb part was Illawarra did not look like scoring till resorting to a bomb for Lomax, which was obvious yet Manly didn't contest....then we fall apart and let in another 6 tries ....
Oh whoops I forgot to mention that I 100% dont want Garrick to be picked! Even though he had a great game today If we got the chance to drop him I’d take it in a heartbeat.

I think it’s more the fact that he definitely wont be dropped that I kept him in it

I too like the dce @ 9 idea but dce and foz started at least combining a bit today and Schuster looks like he will be a great (and very important) second-row option for us. Foz defended his best and set up plenty of attacking opportunities. As for dce, well, he just needs to pull it together, fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
You lost all respect from me when you bagged Foran and somehow over-looked the mythical DCE. There is one half actually playing direct, taking on the line and creating... and I'll give you a hint, he earns a tiny portion of what the mythical long neck rapes from our cap.
Agree - I couldn't be bothered listing everyone who played poorly. I have high hopes that DCE is in a mini slump, not so convinced about Foran. Happy to be wrong about it though.

Oh no I 100% dont want Garrick! Even though he had a great game today If we got the chance to drop him I’d take it in a heartbeat.

I think it’s more the fact that he definitely wont be dropped that I kept him in it
Fair call mate

It doesn't matter who is picked. Whilst ever the long neck myth is capt, halfback and salary cap hog then there will be no team just a bunch of footy players most very average. We are culture barren and it all stems back to 2015 brand DCE. Don't forget only back in 2018 we damn near came last and Tom played 22 games so don't think that albatross will save us.

It doesn't matter who is picked. Whilst ever the long neck myth is capt, halfback and salary cap hog then there will be no team just a bunch of footy players most very average. We are culture barren and it all stems back to 2015 brand DCE. Don't forget only back in 2018 we damn near came last and Tom played 22 games so don't think that albatross will save us.
Exactly

A forward , any forward. Did anyone see f...ing Hunt rag doll Scorpio today one on one. The guy couldn’t knock the top off a rice pudding. Edge forward is toughest position physically because they play 80 min - you don’t need rag dolls in there.

Like the side otherwise Strone. Except young Turbot is simply not even close.
I was not opposed to the Parker experiment at 2nd row but after last night ffs we just need to drop the guy. His attack is so poor. Burbo would get smashed. He’s 18mths away imo.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10