My team that might actually win a game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Therein lies the problem. I'd go with Aloe Vera and put Boyle on bench. How ****house is Guaca's injury - talk about bad timing
Would he have got a game anyway... Des had plenty of opportunity to play him after his MOM performance last year but resisted... has to be a reason...

Remy

shuu
Ben trbojevic is not ready for first grade footy, need to stop overlooking olakatau. He's our best backrower in our team and he should be instantly injected into our second row once he's recovered from his injury. Agree Funa and Harper are better choices than parker and garrick, Suli might need more of a chance. Coz he's a good attacker but just one of the laziest defenders in the league. And for Jake, we gotta wait to see when his brother comes back, he seems to kick an extra gear then. When we get cattle back this would be the 17 I go for:

Tom
Saab
Walker
Suli
Harper/ Tuipultoua
Foz
DCE
Paseka
Cust
Taupau
Schuster
Olakatau
Jake

Lawton
Aloai
Sipley/ Keppie
Sironen

Remy

shuu
I don't think there is a team we can make that might actually beat the riff. But our best chances are injecting some youth and speed and getting rid of the plodders so the rest of the team knows that they have to fight to keep their position.

Harper
Saab
Walker
Kolau
Tuipulotua
Foz
Dce
Paseka
Cust
Taupau
Aloai
Schuster
Jake

Crocker (cust should play 80 but just incase coz we got no other viable utiltiies)
Sipley
Keppie
Saddler

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Would he have got a game anyway... Des had plenty of opportunity to play him after his MOM performance last year but resisted... has to be a reason...
If he was fit and Des didn't pick him for this week after Davey went down then Des has rocks in his head. I'm confident he would have played. Even Jetski is playing busted, so it may have even been Shoe and Guac on the edges

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Ben trbojevic is not ready for first grade footy, need to stop overlooking olakatau. He's our best backrower in our team and he should be instantly injected into our second row once he's recovered from his injury. Agree Funa and Harper are better choices than parker and garrick, Suli might need more of a chance. Coz he's a good attacker but just one of the laziest defenders in the league. And for Jake, we gotta wait to see when his brother comes back, he seems to kick an extra gear then. When we get cattle back this would be the 17 I go for:

Tom
Saab
Walker
Suli
Harper/ Tuipultoua
Foz
DCE
Paseka
Cust
Taupau
Schuster
Olakatau
Jake

Lawton
Aloai
Sipley/ Keppie
Sironen
Why does it seem to be accepted that Saddler is ok and ready for FG but Ben Turbo isn't? Saddler is tall as hell but is sub 90kgs, Burbo is something like 105kgs. The age difference isn't significant. Just perplexes me a little. I'd say the fact that Burbo is in the top 30 while Saddler is a development player means Burbo will get first crack.

Remy

shuu
Why does it seem to be accepted that Saddler is ok and ready for FG but Ben Turbo isn't? Saddler is tall as hell but is sub 90kgs, Burbo is something like 105kgs. The age difference isn't significant. Just perplexes me a little. I'd say the fact that Burbo is in the top 30 while Saddler is a development player means Burbo will get first crack.
For me it's because Saddler has played against grown men, he's played in the all stars match, the nines a few years and now he's playing with the Workers. And he proves capable and is our best forward in our Blacktown team. Ben just got bullied in that trials match against tigers, looked nervous and weak. We will see how he goes in reserve grade, but I think Saddler is a better option at the moment.

Snoz1976

Reserve Grader
I’d actually like to see this:

1. Harper

2. Saab

3. Walker

4. Suli

5. Funa

6. Schuster

7. Foran

8. Paseka

9. DCE

10. Marty

11. Parker

12. Keppie

13. Jake

14. Cust

15. Tof

16. Alohai

17. Ben Turbo

won’t happen tho cause Des... but I really think DCE needs to be our hooker, then when you bring Cust on play DCE at 7 and spell Foran
I count 4 middle forwards in your starting side . And a lot of inexperience.

I would not move Schuster- he will go down as one of manlys best edge back towers by the time he retires.

qldeagle

Bencher
I honestly can't see us winning another game with DCE on the field. He's a liability. Don't give me the Qld captain sheet, that was Munster that led Qld to that win.

manly al

First Grader
Need Walker at centre and with Suli , pre season regarded as the most likely combination and probably time now , Harper or Funa at 1 [ more inclined for Harper , think that he can offer more and seems reasonably reliable . Parker to back row and starting , took some heavy runs against the Dragons and did OK , better option then Jet Ski and might do quite well there and aim up in defence and help plug that glaring deficiency on the right side defence , generally runs a good line . Cust as the starting 9

Mataiforever

Bencher
So here we are again.

What do we know? Well theres a few certainties:
1. Penrith will flog us
2. Players should be held accountable

Knowing 1 for certain, it would probably be wise not to debut someone like Ben Trbojevic through a ring of fire vs Penrith (although any bloke with 4 limbs should get the gig over Gosiewski).

Saying this, we also know that DCE will not get moved to 9 like people are hoping. A better and more realistic solution? Move him to 6. I've long thought Cherry Evans is a five eighth mainly because the strengths of his game are his off the cuff running and passing game, although he still has the traights of a half with a good long kicking game (usually). His short kicking game sucks and hardly ever gets us a repeat set. Put him 6 - we saw when Foz was organising the team we were in more control.

Another thing we know is that Schuster is already the best player in our team this year - unfortunately he will have to stay in the back row.

We also know that Garrick will not get dropped as he actually had a good game (for once).

Gosiewski shouldn't see first grade again. Although with our injury toll its hard not to pick him.

Team below:
1. Walker 2. Saab 3. Harper 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. Cherry-Evans 7. Foran
8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Trbojevic (c) 11. Schuster 12. Parker 13. Keppie

14. Sipley 15. Taupau 16. Aloiai 17. Funa / Trbojevic - Wouldn't mind getting an exemption to bring Keighran in. Croker I guess will have to do.

Last edited:

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I never or rarely participate in these threads but here we go.

Team below:
1. Tom 2. Saab 3. Walker 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. DCE
8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Aloiai 11. Schuster 12. Keppie 13. Jake

14. Sipley 15. Taupau 16. Boyle 17. Crocker

DCE on notice he will play Blacktown next week if he doesnt improve.

Cant see any point in holding Tom back. Does it make any difference who he gets hurt against, if its going to happen, its gong to happen. Id actually prefer he got injured in a game we probably cant win as opposed to a game vs Dogs etc and ruin our chances.

Mataiforever

Bencher
I never or rarely participate in these threads but here we go.

Team below:
1. Tom 2. Saab 3. Walker 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. DCE
8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Aloiai 11. Schuster 12. Keppie 13. Jake

14. Sipley 15. Taupau 16. Boyle 17. Crocker

DCE on notice he will play Blacktown next week if he doesnt improve.

Cant see any point in holding Tom back. Does it make any difference who he gets hurt against, if its going to happen, its gong to happen. Id actually prefer he got injured in a game we probably cant win as opposed to a game vs Dogs etc and ruin our chances.
no point risking Tom early for a game that we will still lose, having him in the team or not having him in the team

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So here we are again.

What do we know? Well theres a few certainties:
1. Penrith will flog us
2. Players should be held accountable

Knowing 1 for certain, it would probably be wise not to debut someone like Ben Trbojevic through a ring of fire vs Penrith (although any bloke with 4 limbs should get the gig over Gosiewski).

Saying this, we also know that DCE will not get moved to 9 like people are hoping. A better and more realistic solution? Move him to 6. I've long thought Cherry Evans is a five eighth mainly because the strengths of his game are his off the cuff running and passing game, although he still has the traights of a half with a good long kicking game (usually). His short kicking game sucks and hardly ever gets us a repeat set. Put him 6 - we saw when Foz was organising the team we were in more control.

Another thing we know is that Schuster is already the best player in our team this year - unfortunately he will have to stay in the back row.

We also know that Garrick will not get dropped as he actually had a good game (for once).

Gosiewski shouldn't see first grade again. Although with our injury toll its hard not to pick him.

Team below:
1. Walker 2. Saab 3. Harper 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. Cherry-Evans 7. Foran
8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Trbojevic (c) 11. Schuster 12. Parker 13. Keppie

14. Sipley 15. Taupau 16. Aloiai 17. ??? Trbojevic? Gosiewski? Wouldn't mind getting an exemption to bring Keighran in. Croker I guess will have to do.
Gossiewvski looks like he is injured he was totally ineffective so someone healthy at least in fir him .

Mataiforever

Bencher
Would like Foz at 7 and DCE at 6.

Cust is miles better than Croker and actually has a look at both sides of the ruck before he passes.

Garrick unfortunately will not get dropped after he had the first good game in about 23 extremely poor games.

Parker must get dropped or benched.

1. Walker 2. Saab 3. Harper 4. Suli 5. Garrick 6. DCE 7. Foz
8. Paseka 9. Cust 10. Aloiai 11. Schuster 12. Keppie 13. Trbojevic
14. Sipley 15. Taupau 16. Parker 17. Funa

I would have Saddler in there but he is on a dev contract so no hope. NRL won't just grant us an exemption because we have 4 wingers still to pick but only 4 second rowers in our top 30.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16