My Manly Man of the Match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I thought Steve Bell was our best on Saturday, he was the only one to make a clean break and also scored 2 tries. I think he will be a great buy for us.

Others to impress me were BK, Bryant, Monas & Hicks.

The other were fair at best, Beaver looked a shadow of his great self and I think enough has already been written about a few others.

I agree with Bell, Monas and BK.

To cast your vote goto this link.

http://www.silvertails.net/addins/man_of_the_match/man_of_the_match.php

Bell scored 2 but was also involved in letting 2 in.

However he was most impressive in attack and will prove to be a valuable asset.

Mona's for me for MOTM.

My Silvertails best and fairest went as follows

3 points: Michael Monoghan... i thought he kicked well.. he did alot of good kicks into the in goal and got us good field position and kept the pressure on... i'm not sure how many tackles he missed but they were few and far between... I thought we was our best.

2 Points: Steve Bell... He was really good too for us.. he scored 2 tries and the second of his tries was a combination of good use of his power and speed combined with a really ****house attempt at tackle... The negatives were a penalty he gave about 15 metres out from our tryline and a couple of drop balls... nuttin real serious.. good solid game, as we expect from him.

1 Point: Brett Stewart... Everytime this guy is involved in the play something looks like happening.. i believe he is going to be a stand out player for us.. and saturday night there were alot of glimpses that his combination with ox/mona's is set to explode in 2006... he made a couple of poor decisions in defence.. and a dropped ball when he was falling over the line (****house pass from dunley) but his vision and speed is outstanding and i look forward to a big year from him.

Stewart - looked good in attack, weak under the high ball
Hicks - was he on the field? He's turning into intimidated Donald
Bell - easily best on the park - I feel sorry for him
Matai - actually played a fair game
Steppa - a touch more speed, and he would have converted a few tries and looked very good
Monaghan - awesome defensive game. Fair in attack
Orford - awesome kicking game, lacked any back up from other players
King - Usual crap no impact game
Dunley - slow, lethargic, unmotivated, lost impact
Kite - started strongly, then played to the rest of his team
Beaver - Probably the worst game I have ever seen him play
Watmough - butter fingers, ridiculous charge downs (back to 04)
Kennedy - below his best, but also lacked any support from other players

Burns - Had zero impact. Waste of time.
Williamson - Same as Burns
Bryant - Awesome game - deserves King's starting spot
Leuluai - Awesome game - can be proud of himself

Des Hasler - team lacked cohesion, motivation, positional play, structure, effort, team support. In my opinion is on borrowed time (if it weren't for the "boys club".

One of the players told me that the team is a team of individuals, rather than a rock solid team...nothing has changed....

Thanks Hasler.

Steppa - a touch more speed, and he would have converted a few tries and looked very good

Des Hasler - team lacked cohesion, motivation, positional play, structure, effort, team support. In my opinion is on borrowed time (if it weren't for the \"boys club\".

One of the players told me that the team is a team of individuals, rather than a rock solid team...nothing has changed....

Thanks Hasler.

Your a hard man Mr. Ryan!

"Your a hard man Mr. Ryan!"

And they are great breasts...goes hand in hand I suppose (so to speak !!!)

Ryan, In defence of stewart. He probably couldn't see the ball.

The rest of your list is hard but fair.

ryan you say everyne is weak under the high ball

I thought Hicks did all that he could given that our centres hardly saw the ball and the flat line meant it was never going to get wide. Hicks save tries by coming in and taking Mogg, he ran back hard and in fact was quite classy - just had no opportunities.

i thought stewy was good under the high ball - was tested over and over and made some very good catches.

i cannot see how you though lulu was awsome - i thought he was our worst prop. Left gaps up the centre a couple of times and was slow to get back in defence.

Monas made around 35 tackles and missed only 1 or 2- an awsome effort in defence

bell went well but had communication problems with his inside man a few times - i think it was watmough for one try and orford for the other but need to watch it again to be sure.

King went ok, not dropped ball, no missed tackles. another 30m is all we ask. Kite missed at least 1 crucial tackle that led to a try.

If we can fix up our ruck defence then we might make a game of it next week, if Kite, lulu, watmough dunley and king continue to force our 5/8 to make 35 tackles then it will be 50

i thought stewy was good under the high ball - was tested over and over and made some very good catches.

i cannot see how you though lulu was awsome - i thought he was our worst prop. Left gaps up the centre a couple of times and was slow to get back in defence.

Monas made around 35 tackles and missed only 1 or 2- an awsome effort in defence

bell went well but had communication problems with his inside man a few times - i think it was watmough for one try and orford for the other but need to watch it again to be sure.

King went ok, not dropped ball, no missed tackles. another 30m is all we ask. Kite missed at least 1 crucial tackle that led to a try.

If we can fix up our ruck defence then we might make a game of it next week, if Kite, lulu, watmough dunley and king continue to force our 5/8 to make 35 tackles then it will be 50

well me and fluff were watching the same game!!

mona's then bell then stewy

not quite, i thought bryant was our best, just over monas. Given his position and experience bryant sould have easily played to the standard of the rest of the team, instead he lead the way with easily the biggest hits and hardest runs of our forwards. He was our only forward that really put in.

Then 2, 3 and 4 as you say.

yeah no doubt bryant was our best forward on saturday night.... but he didn't seem to play alot of minutes??

When he was on he was excellent.. our best set of the night came after bryant put that shot on josh miller!

Put him in this week with kite...

Nice write up, but I dont agree with these.
-Stewart had an awesome game under the high ball, im 99% sure he caught every one that came to him.
-Hicks didnt get any opportunities, and how can you see he is turning into Donald? He runs the ball like a freaking prop, i guess you didnt see his try against the tigers.
-Matai was worst on field, he is simply not up to standard, Howell outplayed him IMO.
-Steppa never got any chances from what i remember, but i was impressed by his aggressive dummy half running.
-King - Someone stated that he made 30 more metres then Bryant, but Bryant gets an "Awsome game rating"? IMO King was solid, he made 90 metres for 11 hitups and was hitting hard in defense.

Des Hasler - team lacked cohesion, motivation, positional play, structure, effort, team support. In my opinion is on borrowed time (if it weren't for the \"boys club\".

Thanks Hasler.

Orford awesome Kicking Game ??? That Include the One that went over the Arthurson Stand ? or the missed kicks at Goal , only decent kick I saw was the one Stewie scored off

I wouldn't say that hicks had a great game as most of the radiers tries were scored on his side of the field.

I also thought that BK was quiet although this could be down to the fact that some of our other forwards did bugger all so it made it easy for the raiders to handle BK. he needed more support.

I would say Bell ,as he seemed like the only one looking for the line..............

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4