My Aussie team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Well.... i am bored and the Aussie team gets picked on sunday so thought i'd throw out my team (provided no one gets injured).... and on sunday we'll see how close i get

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Anthony Minichiello
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Andrew Johns
8. Petero Civoniceva
9. Danny Buderus
10. Steve Price
11. Luke O'donnell
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Matt Bowen
15. Shane Tronc
16. Steve Simpson
17. Steve Menzies

That is considering luke bailey is still injured... i think this is the best team we could come up with and i believe they are all in good form... we'll smash the kiwi's with this team

Motto: Out with the old in with the new!!

im of the opinion you pick the best players in that position.
That said Thurston has to come in at 5/8 , Mini at fullback and Lockyer bye bye. I understand the incumbert rule but also think it is crap. If Gaz signs with Rugby before the test than he should be out also. other than that i agree.

Bailey played yesterday and from all reports he played very well.

Actually, scrap Luke Bailey all together anyway... the other 2 (price and civoniceva) are in better form anyway.... give tronc a go.. the bloke averages 145m a game... and steve simpson is in good form and can play front row at any level of the game

while i said i dont agree with the incumbert rule Steve Price would be in my Aust team any day. Never quits and is probably the fittest prop going around.

Jonathan Thurston has more chance being picked for the Kiwis.
the ARL have confirmed tonight that none of there seletors will be going to tonsville to watch him play this weekend.
selector Bob McCarthy has said " Look, form says he should be there, and queensland will vote for him"
"But do you experiment in a test match ? If it was a City-Country match you would throw him in"
"I know he has handled state of origin before but this is test football. a couple of years ago you could of picked him given how weak international football was"
"But the Kiwis and Poms are a lot stronger these days"

Lockyer concerns me, When is the last time he played fullback?

Fullback is an important position and you don't mess with it. At 5/8 Thurston or Barret should get it.

Lockyer shouldn't play.

I agree with lockyer at fullback.

But i did hear somewhere that Mini is out with a hamstring.

Jonathan Thurston has more chance being picked for the Kiwis.
the ARL have confirmed tonight that none of there seletors will be going to tonsville to watch him play this weekend.
selector Bob McCarthy has said \" Look, form says he should be there, and queensland will vote for him\"
\"But do you experiment in a test match ? If it was a City-Country match you would throw him in\"
\"I know he has handled state of origin before but this is test football. a couple of years ago you could of picked him given how weak international football was\"
\"But the Kiwis and Poms are a lot stronger these days\"

What a load of crap. State of Origin is far harder. If you dont experiment now than when? This ridiculas crap about picking a stable team. When was the last time they played together. There is no incentive to asspire to test footy. :wall:

I agree Bowen is dynamite. BUT not from fullback. He is most dangerous when he lingers around the ruck and gets more ball. Utility off the bench is best for Bowen.
And you ask any NRL player why he wants to play for Australia and id say match payments would rarely be at the top of the list.Considering our elite players are on a **** load anyhow.

watched roosters get beaten by the broncos, Minicello is one of the best fullbacks ive seen in my lifetime, to move him from fullback just to accomodate an aging Locky ( who im also a fan of) would be rediculous

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4