MWSE forum new level of stupidity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look I can still post over there (Ant80 - Admin can I change to that?) and can kind of see where the club is coming from. I said this on the MWSE forum yesterday they might not want what happened to the tigers a few weeks ago (in regards to a player) but the is I think the poster's should be given an opportunity to lessen the blow if you will.
Mark and Vid post on here sometimes and I was wondering there thought's how is this going to effect the MWTS's in the future if some of the guy's that go on the trip's have now scattered to other forums

eagles2win link said:
Look I can still post over there (Ant80 - Admin can I change to that?) and can kind of see where the club is coming from. I said this on the MWSE forum yesterday they might not want what happened to the tigers a few weeks ago (in regards to a player) but the is I think the poster's should be given an opportunity to lessen the blow if you will.
Mark and Vid post on here sometimes and I was wondering there thought's how is this going to effect the MWTS's in the future if some of the guy's that go on the trip's have now scattered to other forums

You can change this, just go to your profile (link up the top) edit it and change your name, if you have trouble send me a private message and i will help you out

Anyone remember when Igor took our "We are Silvertails" banner around the ground, or whatever it read, and someone ripped the banner off Igor?

Who did that?

Even the dude that was in Igors suit was ashamed of the person who ripped it off him and apologised.

That is how narrow minded some people are.

Ant80 link said:
  We're really happy to have MWTS on board as a sponsor here via MArk's company.  Hopefully Mark can do what he does on MWSE as effectively here too. 

I am curious why all of a sudden the 'other side' are banning people. Really I'm more surprised it didn't happen sooner given the years of Orford bashing that went on.

But at the end of the day I will confess I don't particularly care - Dan treats us all too well here to worry about the other mob  :-*

You'll see a lot more stuff on MWTS here in the near future, there was little point rushing it as we are almost done for 2010 now BUT we'll have the details here (and there) for anything else for 2010 and on into 2011, we are also building a presence on FB as well, via the MWTS group and also through Silvertails.

I am very pleased to support Silvertails financially,we pay Manly as well so can see no drama's with that, this was never meant to be a "free ride" for Mark.

Most thibgs I do I earn a small income from, some I do for nothing (events and get togethers) but all is good and no one will miss out

I don't care where people come from I just want them to be together when we do away games.

Welcome Tony (Ayjay007) and others from MWSE, as you can see I am a regular over here as well and most of the time they are all good guys (and girls...by the way where is that Niccipops???).

But as I have said (repeatedly) there is room for both forums, one highly moderated, and the other not so!!

yeah mate saw that a few weeks ago but thought she'd be back by now....I love Niccipops as she's so obviously a girl in a mans world on here!!

I don't understand why anyone would be lamenting the imminent death of the MWSE forum. There hasn't been any worthwhile debate / discussion over there for years. I'm a member and check out the official site for news etc and poke my head into the forum (have never felt the urge to post). As far as I can remember the 2 most controversial discussions of late were about a manly banner and some mentally challenged Storm supporter, that says it all really. It's more a social forum as far as I can see so why not all get together on Facebook or something and be done with it.

Matabele link said:
Personally I think the only thing the club has done wrong is not make a hard decision.  They're trying to steer a middle ground that pleases no one.  It stands to reason that they have to censor things that we can get away with here, because it is hard for them to dissavow some of the fan comment on their official site when it hits the press.

But instead of creating a ghost town, they should just close it down. 
I have come to the same conclusion. The forum life over there was shattered a long time ago after being constantly closed at the times people most wanted it open. That is when I started coming here, because Silvertails was open and discussion was still possible. I think the traffic and quality on mwse has never recovered from that period.

I can see the club might feel they cannot afford to be associated with some of the more out-there posts. So why not close their official forum, but provide some financial support to this site so fans can still have an on-line community. I don't know if there are other active Manly forums at present, but this is a very good site and forum and could easily take the place of the official forum  - which might solve some of the club's concerns (both paranoid and legitimate) about image or liability.  I think the club should support a forum run by an independent entity (such as Dan, sorry to call you an entity) out of recognition for the value it provides in building connections between fans of the club. 

I doubt the club would want to be seen to be associated with silvertails if they couldn't control it.  But they could just see that the desire for forums are catered for here and shut theirs down and get on with other things. 

The mental picture of a senior figure in the club's administration trawling through forum posts to decide what is and isn't appropriate beggars belief. 

Really Really trying to hold back making a similar post to Wamf's, Ill probably do it at some stage it's quite disappointing in general.

It's exactly old world thinking, the funny thing is i can post on my facebook or twitter that X player is **** and it would get more views than the manly forums.

I also find it a bit stupid when all the Sydney papers constantly call players on having bad games or call them crap the players response is they always ignore it. I don't see how a forum would be any different.

Any way probably see more of me aorund these parts when i get banned, because it is bound to happen soon.

Matabele link said:
Erm, a coaching stint a couple of decades ago.  How many first grade coaches can you name who have become CEOs?

I thought you knew his history quite well Mata ? Am well aware of what he has been up to in Rugby league the past 2 decades. Anyway mate, I think we should save our debate for another time (maybe face to face with a beer at the Gold Coast match) and not hijack this thread

On the forum issue, used to be my main port of call quite a few years ago, but can;t remember the last time I used it now. I got banned years ago and actually found Zorba quite reasonable when dealing with him though

What is alarming me most is the lack of Savvy that seems to exist in the club as per using the net to create 'ownership' or 'belongingness' (for all those Year 12 students out there!)

It seems as if those making decisions are older people who respond in a different way. That the club does not have an official Facebook page and doesn't pass on news via Twitter is an obvious example of this.

Long term survival is dependent on keeping the current members/supporters satisfied but also winning new ones.

The loss of Aaron and Mayer at MWSE is a huge 'hole' that the current administrators don't seem to be able to fill!!!

There is a Facebook page but it is crap compared to what you get from other clubs around the world.  It is just rehashing news from the website and the newsletter which is always banal.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183397.msg263916#msg263916 date=1275025634]
CW, MWSE do have an official FB page, Often see links pop up directing me to a news article on the site

17,632 members
[/quote]  And 17,612 of them have hidden it from their news feed because it is so boring.

Obviously Zorba reads here as well....he's blocked my ability to even view the players/team etc now. I can't even view the forum....LoL

Actually, part of my membership says that the club is allowed to moderate the forum etc. I don't think it says the club is allowed to vito my viewing of content?

For mine, that is not the agreement I have signed when becoming a member, and surely Zorba has just breached that contract???

This is getting interesting.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8