MWSE forum new level of stupidity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dancing zorba

Reserve Grader
I am absolutely gutted at their recent decision to ban pretty much everyone on the entire forum! to illustrate their stupidity they just suspended some bloke for saying he thought that the decisions were too harsh!

Sadly, or happily for us, it just makes our community stronger.

Post here, don't be scared, however please take it all with a grain of salt, everyone here says what they think, so it can seem harsh but it is all harmless Manly fun

Its a dead set joke! I sent them my angry email hah! I suggest everyone does the same! us unfairly treated member have to go into bat for eachother on this issue!

Meh. I am more than happy here, I think this site offers a lot more, though I am biased :)

They are under pressure not only as a business but also from the NRL to keep it clean.

I would also suggest there is likely some new influences in the club that probably have a little old world thinking that may be part of these decisions.

But a worrying aspect is I believe this will cost us membership's for next season.

What's to say the likes of  WAMF, jjai, Ryan (I know he floats on here as well), guy's that have been banned will sign up again next year?

As everyone knows memberships are becoming an important facet of the club.

a very good point I'm in the process of reviewing that usually annual payment as we speak! but It's a joke especially when they ban a gold member how dumb can you get!

Surely Forum access wouldn't hinder that decision would it?

The NEW MWSE FORUN RULES

Rather than abandon the Sea Eagles Forum for members, management has decided to clean it up and make it a pleasant place for healthy debate and constructive, fair criticism.

However, a strict watch will be made over all postings to ensure some of the gutter attacks on players and officials of the club, are eliminated.

Some postings on players in recent weeks has been unacceptable and as a result there have been several immediate bans imposed. The bans are non negotiable.

Being a member doesn’t entitle anyone to slander and belittle a player or administrator.

This attitude won’t be tolerated on the official web site of the club. The majority of users of the forum are genuine Sea Eagles supporters with a passion for their club.

Most have a sound knowledge of the game and are willing to debate issues without denigrating people who regularly visit the site. A player out of form doesn’t need to be told he is pathetic or useless by someone who has never pulled on a football boot.

And the coaching staff who delivered a premiership to the club less than two years ago certainly don’t need to be told how to do their job!

Forum members are requested to contact media manager Peter Peters on 99703000 or [email protected] if they have a forum issue.

If you are suddenly locked out of the forum please don’t call reception and complain. Contact the media manager because he is the person who has banned you.

Enjoy the forum for all the good reasons. Have your say on your favourite club but please don’t slander anyone in the process.

---------------------------------------------

I think it's a bit over the top, without warning you can get banned.

Dancing zorba link said:
I am absolutely gutted at their recent decision to ban pretty much everyone on the entire forum! to illustrate their stupidity they just suspended some bloke for saying he thought that the decisions were too harsh!

you probably got banned cause of your username
Imagine watching Zorba Dance

Oh dear....the old boys club is back.

I will warn everyone that it is probably a good idea to always state opinion and not fact.

Luckily everyone here does seem to do that and only that. But those rules and that statement is pretty much just tripe and I feel unfair. Especially the "people who have never laced on a boot"

Part of being a fan of anything is that you get to be a critic, and you get to discuss it, if that isn't allowed and you are forced to toe the party line, then we may as well slip into communism hey?

In my opinion anyway :)

Ahh the old "you can't comment because you've never laced on a boot before" chestnut. I've never been a media manager either, that doesn't mean I can't tell that Zorba is a douchebag and a sh*t media manager.

Zorba is a good guy usually! but the never laced a boot is extremely offensive! I've played hundreds of games of footy and still have many years ahead of me!

It is pretty obvious the forum is being phased out. Also it is apparent some parts at least of the club's management consider fans to be little more than a messy inconvenience (except for our money). If they don't have the money to pay people to moderate the forum properly then why not just say so.

Dan link said:
Sadly, or happily for us, .........

*** Crosses fingers and hopes for the later being the outcome, whilst making mental note not to hold breath in meantime***

willstyles link said:
If those rules were enforced here, would there be any threads left?

We have similar rules here, but the difference is there is no need to enforce them as everyone already just follows them.

We very rarely need to police anything and that is one of the things I love about this forum and site..

I know it is my site, but it truly is one of my favourite on the web, because of the strong and open community we ahve built

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8