Moses Suli re-signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know whether it is a commitment to Manly or more about being with his mates and making an investment in his own future. A couple more years on 350k under Des and his team and he will be looking at a long career of top centre money and achievement.

A 4 year contract with St Merge could spell journeyman money and no achievement.
I'd take the extra 300K a year. Would be a fool not to. 1.2 mil over 4 years....

According to the irrefutably accurate sources on Facebook he's signed for $550,000 per year for 2 years. Was offered a 4 year deal.

I think the $350,000 is the right number and keep in mind, still very young so next deal at 23-24 yo will have potential for a serious upgrade....going to Illawarra may well have killed his career....Suli is a Massive player when motivated which Manly and Des give him....the lights would have quickly burn't out at Illawarra in a struggling team, which next season loses its best player in Frizzell

At first blush, the $550-600k a year for two years is probably more than I thought we would offer him. But then I went and had a look at the team lists for the weekend and I reckon Suli is in the top 6 starting centres in the comp at the moment. The guys I would definitely say are ahead of him are Manu, Will Hoppa, J Croker (esp for goal kicking), Leilua, and maybe (at a pinch) Josh Morris. Other than those, who he can beat on his day, I reckon he has them all covered and still has so much upside.

I'm stoked for him, tbh. I love the fact he could have got more elsewhere but decided to stay on a really strong deal. I am also happy that the club has been able to pay him close to his market worth, which is a sign of respect. This is how premiership teams are built.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie told the Big Sports Breakfast that the club will officially announce the deal, worth around $425,000 a year, on Wednesday morning. He also revealed the Dragons had withdrew their interest in Suli.

“He will re-sign and it will be today,” Ritchie said.

“Expect an announcement out of Brookvale at some time this morning that Suli signed a new two-year deal.

“It would be worth about a combined total of $850,000.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie told the Big Sports Breakfast that the club will officially announce the deal, worth around $425,000 a year, on Wednesday morning. He also revealed the Dragons had withdrew their interest in Suli.

“He will re-sign and it will be today,” Ritchie said.

“Expect an announcement out of Brookvale at some time this morning that Suli signed a new two-year deal.

“It would be worth about a combined total of $850,000.
That would seem to closer to a realistic outcome for him to stay . Talk at the start of the season that 350 k would be Manly "s best offer [ after he finished last season thought a little bit more ] and probably on Walker 's contract value now which seems about right . Should be able to juggle the cap in the short term at least to still retain the players that the club would prefer ., Think that it is really good news and maybe the prelude to a long Manly career for him and to play a part in another title A S A P

Very few centres in the game are worth 500k+ He has awesome potential and we saw that on the weekend, he would be wise to stay under Des who can help him reach that potential and he can seek a pay rise in 2 - 3 years.
He should ask for a 3 year with options in year 3

I'm very pleased that he has decided to stay with the strength, and not chase the dollar.
It appears that he is very happy at Manly which is vitally important. He also is surrounded by class players who help make him look good and shoulder a lot more of the workload than he'd have to bear in a team like Illawarra.
Great to have you here for at least the next two years Moses.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4