Moses Suli re-signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just something of note. It may be nothing but the way its worded is interesting.

The statement that is up on the Manly website about Suli. It says he hasn't signed anywhere ... it doesn't say that he isn't going anywhere.

Just something of note. It may be nothing but the way its worded is interesting.

The statement that is up on the Manly website about Suli. It says he hasn't signed anywhere ... it doesn't say that he isn't going anywhere.

True matey, and they didn't say anything positive about wanting to keep him either..which says a lot...maybe.
They can't say "he isn't going anywhere" if we haven't signed him...and we haven't.

We will find out soon enough but my guess would be he is going.

Would any club, even a desperate one, be throwing big money contracts around at anyone right now? Surely you'd wait until you knew what the competition and the salary cap might look like first.

Would any club, even a desperate one, be throwing big money contracts around at anyone right now? Surely you'd wait until you knew what the competition and the salary cap might look like first.

i would imagine that if the salary cap is lower next year all 2021 contracted players will have their amounts docked by the same percentage as the cap dropped.

A player can be offered a future contract now based on this years cap and the real amount paid will be adjusted if the cap drops. It is not really any different to current contracts.
That said, I doubt the NRL will be in a position to ratify any new contracts until after future caps have been worked out and I also doubt any clubs are actually "signing" anyone.

The story about Suli going to the Dragqueens didn't say he had signed anything, just that he had "agreed" to go there...which in reality is worth 3/5 of 5/8 of flock all.

$600k is a heck of a lot of money for a centre - there wouldn’t be too many centres out there on that coin. I’d consider paying Joey Manu and Kotoni Staggs that much, but I can’t think of anyone else.

A two year deal at $350k seems reasonable to me.
I wouldn't pay anymore than 350k for those two either! Don't see what's so special about them!!

Trying to find some info on Suli's original Wests Tigers contract amount but can only find info about him getting a $1 million extension in 2018 to keep him there until 2020 so assume that means he was on at least $500k per season.

The Bulldogs signed him for $1.3 million over 3 years, so just over $430k per season.

For some reason I was sure he'd initially been signed for $800k-$1 million at Wests

It was $1.3M but over 3 years... so $430K per season... big money for a kid

You're right!

The Wests contract amount was carried over the the Bulldogs, so he was on $1.3 million for 3 years at Wests, released after barely a year, picked up by the dogs for the same deal then released barely a month later.

Yeah it was always written up in papers as "Suli, who was signed to a $1M contract by Wests Tigers..." so easy to get confused by sensationalist journalism...

tbh, I thought you were right until I dug around on google...

$600k is a heck of a lot of money for a centre - there wouldn’t be too many centres out there on that coin. I’d consider paying Joey Manu and Kotoni Staggs that much, but I can’t think of anyone else.

A two year deal at $350k seems reasonable to me.
The Rabbits have forked out $800k per year for a guy who they must think is a centre as he cant cut it at fullback.

The other thing to add to this was that whilst Zorba said we were not going to budge on $350k, he said the Dragons were looking to offer him $600k. Obviously that may change with the current climate.
Did Zorba mention anything about the pommy player whom he claimed was coming here 2 years ago ?? Just wondering if his taxi has made it to Heathrow yet ??

Did Zorba mention anything about the pommy player whom he claimed was coming here 2 years ago ?? Just wondering if his taxi has made it to Heathrow yet ??
There was a Pommy forward who had been linked strongly to Manly, but due to upgrades and plenty of strength already now up front, was intercepted by the Bulldogs

manly’s 2 year offer looks a better option for him now surely?
We have offered 600k a year to stay for 2 years. IF he leaves for the bottom of the barrel Dragons for an extra bit of pocket change he is crazy. Stay with us and push for origin selection and a premiership or go to a struggling club with no chance of rep honours. I didnt realise we offered him so much, 600k a year is a lot of money. Hearing this you'd have to be pretty confident he'll stay. If not, then we will have a further 600k in our pockets so its a win win really

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8