Moses Suli Butterfingers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
6 weeks cold turkey .... and still chewing the carpet ....

I have the perfect gig at the surf club .... I just sit about like a golden Buddha telling stories of olden day legend, and of how good I used to be to the attention of rapt teenagers ..... and if needed, just point them towards anybody needing assistance .... and say in a command voice .... fetch ...

Well good on ya! I bet that coffee place is getting a work out.

Does sound like a good gig, but someone does need to be in the tower to yell out fetch.

Years ago I sponsored a surf boat racing crew from the coolangatta SLSC because ...ffs, these guys (and gals) risk their lives to save dumb tourists and stranded whales like me, and they're all volunteers!!!!!

also: Suli good

Well good on ya! I bet that coffee place is getting a work out.

Does sound like a good gig, but someone does need to be in the tower to yell out fetch.

Years ago I sponsored a surf boat racing crew from the coolangatta SLSC because ...ffs, these guys (and gals) risk their lives to save dumb tourists and stranded whales like me, and they're all volunteers!!!!!

also: Suli good

... don't start me on boaties .... they are a worry !

6 weeks cold turkey .... and still chewing the carpet ....

I have the perfect gig at the surf club .... I just sit about like a golden Buddha telling stories of olden day legend, and of how good I used to be to the attention of rapt teenagers ..... and if needed, just point them towards anybody needing assistance .... and say in a command voice .... fetch ...
Took about 2 years for the cravings to go for me - but everyone's different... know some people who quit overnight with no cravings - bastrds!. Now been 16 years for me.
I used those nicotine patches that you are supposed to wear for 24 hours. I wore the last one for about 3 months - determined to milk the last drop out of that little sucker :shake:

Quit cold turkey 13 years ago.
Still get a pang every now and then. ( more often than I would like).

Good luck Woodsie

This is how numbnut urban myths develope .... say something dumb enough times and it will be believed .....

Suli had a bad night .... in his 30 previous first grade games there has been no issue with his hands ... and no issue with his hands ever mentioned previously .....

But suddenly .... he is a butterfingers ..... FMD ..... bag him for never passing the ball ... fair call .... but butterfingers ... suck a ....

.. and PSS ... as long as I am having a nicotine depravation moment ..... for all the "our Manly wingers are shhiite people" I saw at least 5 kicks put down in the charity shield last night ... and Jorge was no where in sight ...

Ok, well let us see about these numbnut urban myths. so I guess in perspective, Suli (Safehands apparently) only dropped 4 balls in attacking position against the (North Sydney Rooster Bears???), while preparing to take over the centre spot in Dylan Walker...

Hmmmm..... gives me great confidence....
"Oh, but he's only 20 lol"...and thats not half the problem?

And to think we gave away one of the potentiel best centre for the future in Brian Kelly.... I still shake my head at this!

Jamie Lyon & Steve Matai.........>>> Dylan Walker & Brian Kelly.........>>> Joel Parker & Moses Suli........

It's the first time since I can remember that we will be trotting out 2 relatively new centres . Damn, if only killer had a year or 2 in him to nurture them through it . Wasn't the biggest Kelly fan but I'd kill for him now .

Ok, well let us see about these numbnut urban myths. so I guess in perspective, Suli (Safehands apparently) only dropped 4 balls in attacking position against the (North Sydney Rooster Bears???), while preparing to take over the centre spot in Dylan Walker...

And to think we gave away one of the potentiel best centre for the future in Brian Kelly.... I still shake my head at this!

Jamie Lyon & Steve Matai.........>>> Dylan Walker & Brian Kelly.........>>> Joel Parker & Moses Suli........

Joel Parker??? We pulled a nobody out from nowhere and he's in our 30 man squad?! Could only happen at Manly

When we were at school, we played games like Hot Potato, all sorts of ball games and hand ball coordination, Tennis, Footy, Cricket, Hand Ball, bit of juggling, etc..... catching a ball is not that hard! If you keep your eye on the ball, you catch it, it's not rocket science.....

I recon those who can't improve their handling skills are just lazy,

I understand the pressure of a bomb on the 5th tackle, with 30 seconds on the clock.... but this dufus would drop the ball pulling the plastic wrapping off it from All-Sports.... FML, I say piss him off!

How many games of hot potato did you play with first grade rugby league players lining up to belt you if you caught it?

Ok Ok ... deep breaths .... now we are starting to get somewhere ...... I feel your pain and I want you to know I'm here for you 1969 ...... you don't like Suli ... I get it ..... it's ok.

If it helps ... I don't think Suli is a centre either .... one pass in 15 games is remarkable in that it is astonishing for a centre .... and 3 trys in 30 games is pretty ordinary ... being fat and overweight at 20 is shocking .... and getting let go by three clubs by the age of 20 gobsmacking ...

So, you see ... you have plenty to be able to bag Suli for ..... you don't need to make up Butterfingers as well ....

PSS ... However I do harbour hopes that he will be a dynamic and prolific winger .....

I think the idea of Suli at centre, is to take that ball through the defensive line, playing through them as can bend the line or bust it.
Fact is, theres not really another centre we have that will create havoc....Suli can dent the line and as a winger, may not get the opportunity to make those bustling runs apart from ugly hit ups early in the tackle count.
Just my opinion, but agree lacks any sort of combinations to set up his winger....its basically “here son - take the ball and go as far as you can”

He was really, really involved early through the middle last night, until his hands let him down and the confidence dropped.

I hope that is a sign of things to come from Suli. Possibly one thing that Des has been working on with him ? He seemed to be especially combining with the dummy half.

Ok. Let's turn it around. W
He was really, really involved early through the middle last night, until his hands let him down and the confidence dropped.

I hope that is a sign of things to come from Suli. Possibly one thing that Des has been working on with him ? He seemed to be especially combining with the dummy half.

I thought he troubled the defense every time he had the ball, took 2 to 3 defenders to stop him. Hands will be fine, roosters were all over the ball as he swatted them like flies.

Ok Ok ... deep breaths .... now we are starting to get somewhere ...... I feel your pain and I want you to know I'm here for you 1969 ...... you don't like Suli ... I get it ..... it's ok.

On the contrary, I do like Suli. I wish he becomes a superstar in the Maroon and White. I just think he wont be with us in 4 years. Either he will be too good for us, or just doesn't make the grade. He is too young IMO..

I think the idea of Suli at centre, is to take that ball through the defensive line, playing through them as can bend the line or bust it.
Fact is, theres not really another centre we have that will create havoc....Suli can dent the line and as a winger, may not get the opportunity to make those bustling runs apart from ugly hit ups early in the tackle count.
Just my opinion, but agree lacks any sort of combinations to set up his winger....its basically “here son - take the ball and go as far as you can”
Maxta. I understand what you are saying and think that’s the plan BUT how do people explain 3 tries from 30 games playing in the three quarter line. That is not HAVOC . Has there ever been a threequarter going round for 30 odd games with less tries ? Only excuse for that is if he is creating for team mates. Yet he doesn’t pass.

At best I’d give him a run on wing and put him on short notice to perform. One thing I do know is if we go with Parker Suli Elliot and Tafua with one speedster Garrick in Rd 1 that IS the slowest backline in the comp bar none. And if Hodkinson played 6 that is the slowest backline since 1908.

Put Garrick and Funa in centres and take a chance. Pedestrian will not win games.

On the contrary, I do like Suli. I wish he becomes a superstar in the Maroon and White. I just think he wont be with us in 4 years. Either he will be too good for us, or just doesn't make the grade. He is too young IMO..

Agree ..... Suli could go either way .... I hope he comes good and produces the talent many judges suspected he possessed .... but as long as he is a Manly player I will be backing him in ......

My concern was that he was 1 of the more senior players on the field last night and his head went down with it up to the young hooker to try and lift his spirits!

Yep he is young etc but for me he could be a destructive winger... rather have some pace & passing from the centre position!

This will shock a few I'm sure, but I thought he was destructive and explosive with the ball in hand last night.

Also thought his defense was pretty strong.

As others have alluded to, Des / Barrett seem to think he's a centre, so I hope his transition skills with the ball in hand, is honed by Des.

Get that part of it right. Maybe continue to shed some kilos, I'm starting to see some potential here.

This will shock a few I'm sure, but I thought he was destructive and explosive with the ball in hand last night.

Also thought his defense was pretty strong.

As others have alluded to, Des / Barrett seem to think he's a centre, so I hope his transition skills with the ball in hand, is honed by Des.

Get that part of it right. Maybe continue to shed some kilos, I'm starting to see some potential here.
A mate of mine took the trip down with a few mates and said he was strong and very hard to handle . He did say he had bad hands.

Maxta. I understand what you are saying and think that’s the plan BUT how do people explain 3 tries from 30 games playing in the three quarter line. That is not HAVOC . Has there ever been a threequarter going round for 30 odd games with less tries ? Only excuse for that is if he is creating for team mates. Yet he doesn’t pass.

At best I’d give him a run on wing and put him on short notice to perform. One thing I do know is if we go with Parker Suli Elliot and Tafua with one speedster Garrick in Rd 1 that IS the slowest backline in the comp bar none. And if Hodkinson played 6 that is the slowest backline since 1908.

Put Garrick and Funa in centres and take a chance. Pedestrian will not win games.
Firstly- great accurate summary Sue....I expect no less.
Mate I have never been an excuse maker, but now and then I see a talent that is somewhat untapped.
I think Suli fits this basket and has SOOOO much more to give.
On form 3 in 30 I 100% say WTF....but just feel he has been going through the motions and when he accepts his gift of natural ability, will be a monster out wide- centre or wing.
Agree with that backline call also - especially Hodgko.....give Elgey a shot at 5/8 then if not up to it - Cust....
If still no good go for Metcalfe.
To put Hodgko there is a massive backwards step imo.
Great experience and leadership to help the youngsters, but on old legs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4