Moses Suli Butterfingers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quit cold turkey 13 years ago.
Still get a pang every now and then. ( more often than I would like).

Good luck Woodsie

Quit a year ago, only crave those little nicabates occasionally. I used them to get off the durries.
I happily sit with smokers these days and never feel the need to have 1, mainly because I realise I am probably just 1 smoke away from a pack a day.

Keep it up woodsie, those little nicabate minis work well.

Yeah mate, those nights happen to everyone from time to time. Glad it was in a trial. That's not something that'll happen every week.

He actually looked quite mobile as well, which was refreshing.
That's right mate , he really has to step up now and think he'll get better. Thats really my only concern, centre's.

I agree with you there Woodsie . He dropped the ball 3 times last night and I have no other memory of him playing with that sort of from .
Knee jerk reactions after one trial game of dropped balls
He was shocking with his hands but like you said des has lots to work with. Im just worried sulis defense wont improve that much since last year, he was awful and the other teams will target him over and over. He needs to make a statement early...maybe a matai style tackle or two :) that'll keep them away. Worked for Stevey boy! Suli did make a good tackle when he shut down a set play. They scored right after but that was because hodkinson is soft lol and our D didn't slide accordingly. Suli ran well he is a strong lad but man he needs to learn how to set up his winger he doesn't even look haha snake will eventually fix that. Maybe des should bring in Sir Jamie to teach him the flick paas

Ok, well let us see about these numbnut urban myths. so I guess in perspective, Suli (Safehands apparently) only dropped 4 balls in attacking position against the (North Sydney Rooster Bears???), while preparing to take over the centre spot in Dylan Walker...

Hmmmm..... gives me great confidence....
"Oh, but he's only 20 lol"...and thats not half the problem?

And to think we gave away one of the potentiel best centre for the future in Brian Kelly.... I still shake my head at this!

Jamie Lyon & Steve Matai.........>>> Dylan Walker & Brian Kelly.........>>> Joel Parker & Moses Suli........
Brian kelly potential best center LOL the guy was a flop he was an impulsive fool who cost us many a game. He couldn't read the play, was horrible in defense and had bad hands. How many times was the goon running with the ball only to just lose it no he had to go. Remember aitken ripping him to shreds each time they played.. i do. The guy scored on him untouched twice in one game. Twice! He was a dud only had speed but no brain to use it

Brian kelly potential best center LOL the guy was a flop he was an impulsive fool who cost us many a game. He couldn't read the play, was horrible in defense and had bad hands. How many times was the goon running with the ball only to just lose it no he had to go. Remember aitken ripping him to shreds each time they played.. i do. The guy scored on him untouched twice in one game. Twice! He was a dud only had speed but no brain to use it

Thanks, well you and BOZO got your wish, now, lets unleash Butterfingers!

Firstly- great accurate summary Sue....I expect no less.
Mate I have never been an excuse maker, but now and then I see a talent that is somewhat untapped.
I think Suli fits this basket and has SOOOO much more to give.
On form 3 in 30 I 100% say WTF....but just feel he has been going through the motions and when he accepts his gift of natural ability, will be a monster out wide- centre or wing.
Agree with that backline call also - especially Hodgko.....give Elgey a shot at 5/8 then if not up to it - Cust....
If still no good go for Metcalfe.
To put Hodgko there is a massive backwards step imo.
Great experience and leadership to help the youngsters, but on old legs.
Don’t get me wrong. Like all fans I hope young Suli makes me eat my words.I just think with Dylan gone it’s so important to get this early selection in the centres right.

We are a young side short on confidence and I’d hate to think with a draw like we have what a 5 and 0 start would do to that fragile confidence. I think he’s definitely worth a shot on wing which is defensively easier and he can build his confidence from there.

With Tafua being a great finisher and Garrick, if he plays wing, with so much speed it would be a shame if they don’t get that final pass.Also Suli would be very good on getting that first play rolling from a kick.Id swap Garrick and Moses positionally and let him build some confidence.

One other small thing in his favour is you’d think he’d be wanting to hand the team who sacked him some payback.

Elliott
Tafua
Funa
Garrick
Suli

Don’t get me wrong. Like all fans I hope young Suli makes me eat my words.I just think with Dylan gone it’s so important to get this early selection in the centres right.

We are a young side short on confidence and I’d hate to think with a draw like we have what a 5 and 0 start would do to that fragile confidence. I think he’s definitely worth a shot on wing which is defensively easier and he can build his confidence from there.

With Tafua being a great finisher and Garrick, if he plays wing, with so much speed it would be a shame if they don’t get that final pass.Also Suli would be very good on getting that first play rolling from a kick.Id swap Garrick and Moses positionally and let him build some confidence.

One other small thing in his favour is you’d think he’d be wanting to hand the team who sacked him some payback.

Elliott
Tafua
Funa
Garrick
Suli
I like the counter mate
2 powerful wingers building early momentum
Im still a fool with my opinion on Suli because the kid is a potential world beater or a park footy player.....
I hedge my bets that Des will bring out the goid but time will tell
Also, between you and me - Tom will be there Round 1

I like the counter mate
Im still a fool with my opinion on Suli because the kid is a potential world beater or a park footy player.....
Geez I hope so.Thinking of flying down ,Love Leichhardt . Tommy prowling around at the back would make that decision a lot easier.

I must admit I'm getting sick of the repeated comments that DESpicable will fix everything; he'll show Suli how to catch, and pass, and everybody will become a defensive brick wall.
It seems the reason Suli can't catch or pass, and several players are turnstyles in defence, is because of Twenty. He was such a terrible coach that he couldn't even teach the most basic of skills.
C'mon on; give the bagging of Barrett a miss shall we. It's tiresome and childish.
I'm hoping that DESpicable will improve things but realistic enough to know that it's up to the players to carry out his instructions, and (a) those instructions will not always be right (as an example I give you the way Canterbury played in the last season he was in charge), and (b) the players may not be talented enough.

As much as he may have had butterfingers last night in Gosford, I think Suli showed that if he could hold onto the ball then he will be a dangerous ball runner, be it in the centres or on the wing.

And his defence was solid.

I do get what people are saying about him only scoring 3 tries in 31 NRL games. However, also look at the fact that the teams he's played in so far have hardly set the world on fire. The Tigpies finished 9th in 2016 and we finished 15th last year. He was out of shape and in all honesty, out of form. But from what I saw last night he has trimmed down which has also added to his speed a bit.

Personally, I think that with Des starting him in the centres last night in place of Walker, its a pointer to the fact that Suli and Parker will probably be our starting centres in two weeks time at Leichhardt. Brendan Elliot might have been a candidate, and still might be, but right now he has to cover fullback until Tom's hammy recovers.

Elliott
Tafua
Funa
Garrick
Suli

Radio were saying that Des wants Parker and Suli in the centres for round 1. I'm too busy choking on my breakfast to comment

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Radio were saying that Des wants Parker and Suli in the centres for round 1. I'm too busy choking on my breakfast to comment

I can't imagine Dessie giving the truth away for nothing ....... and I don't think he is senile yet ...... wouldn't be like him to play games ... would it .... hmmmm

Yep. Patience required. Cap position should improve with fine going away, Walker probably getting punted and a few guys coming off contract.Give Crusher and co a chance to do a bit of shopping.

I like the counter mate
I agree he should be winger. Imagine Taufua then suli then siro then marty then either afb or a set play. We have real go forward but i dont know if we have the back line to worry opposition. Turbo sure but the rest.... fkn walker! I was looking forward to him under des. Oh well. I have this feeling we will get will hoppa back next season i dunno why

Yep. Patience required. Cap position should improve with fine going away, Walker probably getting punted and a few guys coming off contract.Give Crusher and co a chance to do a bit of shopping.
Sue who do you think we should go for?
Hoppa
Aitken
Gutherson?
I like gutherson but hes very injury prone and i think still butt hurt after we let him go even though ot helped his career lol
Hoppa is a good player who can fill the back line and play fb if turbo breaks down

Anyone else people?
Ersan masters would be nice or nofoluma as a wing replacement for jorge if he doesn't step up and is shipped off

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8