Moses Suli Butterfingers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
When we were at school, we played games like Hot Potato, all sorts of ball games and hand ball coordination, Tennis, Footy, Cricket, Hand Ball, bit of juggling, etc..... catching a ball is not that hard! If you keep your eye on the ball, you catch it, it's not rocket science.....

I recon those who can't improve their handling skills are just lazy,

I understand the pressure of a bomb on the 5th tackle, with 30 seconds on the clock.... but this dufus would drop the ball pulling the plastic wrapping off it from All-Sports.... FML, I say piss him off!

He is only 20 years old and first season under Des and it is very irrational and knee jerk reaction to piss off a 20 year old kid dropping balls in just a trial game .
In the same game his defence was sound and he was also the most destructive powerful back runner of the ball and Des has plenty to work with

Suli is a hard 1 to judge.
I personally reckon with the lack of options we have, would be crazy to send him packing.
I do think Des needs to have him take the footy home and use it as a pillow till he learns to catch.
These type errors come the season is an auto loss, as the opposition will set up camp till they strangle you out of it, with field position and possession.
He has a strong carry, but my excuses will be short lived if his handling does not improve.....these errors are erased from U10’s up, just heaps too much pressure defensively, plus the fact to score points....you need the ball.

Suli is a hard 1 to judge.
I personally reckon with the lack of options we have, would be crazy to send him packing.
I do think Des needs to have him take the footy home and use it as a pillow till he learns to catch.
These type errors come the season is an auto loss, as the opposition will set up camp till they strangle you out of it, with field position and possession.
He has a strong carry, but my excuses will be short lived if his handling does not improve.....these errors are erased from U10’s up, just heaps too much pressure defensively, plus the fact to score points....you need the ball.
When was the last time he dropped the ball 3 times ?

Last edited:
FMD .... he has had one bad game with his hands .....
I agree with you there Woodsie . He dropped the ball 3 times last night and I have no other memory of him playing with that sort of from .
Knee jerk reactions after one trial game of dropped balls

When was the last time he dropped so the ball 3 times ?
Seem some poor hands last season also, it is what it is....he had an iff night with his hands....was a handful when he held it.
As for myself, I like Suli and think if he knuckles down will be a great Seaeagles asset and in 2019....fans will grow to appreciate his value to the team.
I am far from the opinion he should go and as an attacking weapon, is a young powerhouse.
He does need to improve his ball security and he will....no panic - early days, Des will know how to fix this and will.

Seem some poor hands last season also, it is what it is....he had an iff night with his hands....was a handful when he held it.
As for myself, I like Suli and think if he knuckles down will be a great Seaeagles asset and in 2019....fans will grow to appreciate his value to the team.
I am far from the opinion he should go and as an attacking weapon, is a young powerhouse.
He does need to improve his ball security and he will....no panic - early days, Des will know how to fix this and will.
To be honest . I have never seen Suli have one of those dropsies last year . Parker , Jorge and Uate yes but not Suli
I do see the same as you see and one would have to be blind not to see that not all 20 year old backs are a handful like Suli .
I also agree with you that a young kid with potential needs a good mentor and Des is the man to bring out the best of him .
Many see a big frame but not many understand that he is only 20 years of age .

I get a bit annoyed at it as well and think "they've been doing this stuff their whole lives!! Hang on to the damn ball ffs!"

But....

An off night, in a trial. Hopefully it's all out of his system now. So I'm not concerned.

Years ago my (not then better half) wanted to go to a footy game and we went to one where Hazam El Masri was playing. I told her this guy rarely misses a kick, he's amazing.

I think he was 1 from 8 at the end of the game.

Happens to the best of us, the rest of us, during festivus, on the travelling bus, avoiding a succubus, drinking with Jake the muss, so don't make a fuss!

I like him, a tremendous superstar for years to come, potentially.... But, given his i'll discipline, lack of driving commitment, and the experience of seeing great players over the years who promise the world, but can hold the ball, makes me sit on the fence with this guy. I mean, don't tell me how many times you cringe when the opposition puts the ball up on the 4th or 5th?

So, up it goes on the last tackle for the Roosters, Turbo and Taufua let the ball bounce, because they are too incompetent to catch the ball, but the ball bounces favourable, and Taufua gets it cleanly, sends it inside to Turbo, who juggles and bobbles, but manages to keep control, gets through the first line to see Moses Suli chiming in, flicks him a pass, juggles, fumbles, and the ball goes to the deck. Everyone pats him on the back, "don't worry Cuz, you only 20"...

Rooster loose and feed, 20m out, yep, sound familiar?

I like him, a tremendous superstar for years to come, potentially.... But, given his i'll discipline, lack of driving commitment, and the experience of seeing great players over the years who promise the world, but can hold the ball, makes me sit on the fence with this guy. I mean, don't tell me how many times you cringe when the opposition puts the ball up on the 4th or 5th?

So, up it goes on the last tackle for the Roosters, Turbo and Taufua let the ball bounce, because they are too incompetent to catch the ball, but the ball bounces favourable, and Taufua gets it cleanly, sends it inside to Turbo, who juggles and bobbles, but manages to keep control, gets through the first line to see Moses Suli chiming in, flicks him a pass, juggles, fumbles, and the ball goes to the deck. Everyone pats him on the back, "don't worry Cuz, you only 20"...

Rooster loose and feed, 20m out, yep, sound familiar?

This is how numbnut urban myths develope .... say something dumb enough times and it will be believed .....

Suli had a bad night .... in his 30 previous first grade games there has been no issue with his hands ... and no issue with his hands ever mentioned previously .....

But suddenly .... he is a butterfingers ..... FMD ..... bag him for never passing the ball ... fair call .... but butterfingers ... suck a ....

.. and PSS ... as long as I am having a nicotine depravation moment ..... for all the "our Manly wingers are shhiite people" I saw at least 5 kicks put down in the charity shield last night ... and Jorge was no where in sight ...

FFS Bozo, whilst I agree with you on this particular issue, must you post basically the same thing 10 times over ?

It gets damn repetitive.
Maybe just 1 posted meme would be worth a thousand words.

This is how numbnut urban myths develope .... say something dumb enough times and it will be believed .....

Suli had a bad night .... in his 30 previous first grade games there has been no issue with his hands ... and no issue with his hands ever mentioned previously .....

But suddenly .... he is a butterfingers ..... FMD ..... bag him for never passing the ball ... fair call .... but butterfingers ... suck a ....

.. and PSS ... as long as I am having a nicotine depravation moment ..... for all the "our Manly wingers are shhiite people" I saw at least 5 kicks put down in the charity shield last night ... and Jorge was no where in sight ...

I think Rod Marsh's early nickname was 'iron gloves' as he kept spilling the ball.....

Turned out ok!

Keep up the good quit smoking work (if that's what you're doing, maybe you're just too cheap [scot] to buy a new pack and your friends wont spot you anymore) How can one be a smoker and a surf life saver?

FFS Bozo, whilst I agree with you on this particular issue, must you post basically the same thing 10 times over ?

It gets damn repetitive.
Maybe just 1 posted meme would be worth a thousand words.
I am very passionate about my Sea eagles . I hope you understand .

Keep up the good quit smoking work (if that's what you're doing, maybe you're just too cheap [scot] to buy a new pack and your friends wont spot you anymore) How can one be a smoker and a surf life saver?

6 weeks cold turkey .... and still chewing the carpet ....

I have the perfect gig at the surf club .... I just sit about like a golden Buddha telling stories of olden day legend, and of how good I used to be to the attention of rapt teenagers ..... and if needed, just point them towards anybody needing assistance .... and say in a command voice .... fetch ...

Think he is lucky that Des is coach and didn't coach him last year. Reckon after half time Des would have absolutely pulled him aside and told him 'It's a trial, learn from it, get over it, but if you do that again in a real game I'll put your head in between the door that I'll be slamming!' -

Guys, if he wants to play in the NRL and have a career he needs to learn from his mistakes. To his credit he was told he was too big, so off season he stripped 12kgs. Now he knows his hands aren't good enough. It's on him to own it and fix it.

He's having a go so I'll forgive him this game. But as I said last night he was lucky Des's hook didn't come out. If he doesn't fix his hands he be looking for another career

Ok. Let's turn it around. What are Suli's talents?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8