Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This wasn't 'his first interview since the Sharks game' as he was on the Manly Player Media a couple of weeks ago. Albeit had a cap on, head was down and didn't say much but I guess he can't answer questions if the journos don't ask the right ones.

Now the truth comes out and it just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover. There was plenty of unfair criticism of him at the time, without knowing the full story. I admire Harper for his honesty and courage to fight his way back.

It doesn't say much for the fitness gurus at Manly to let him play at Shark Park that night having lost so much weight and just 7 days after having Covid. It beggars belief actually.
If that story is true then the Manly fitness and coaching staff need to be hauled over the coals and held accountable. Disgusting and horribly unprofessional if that was the case

Just a reminder that Ben Trbojevic played very well in his last game, according to many on this site. Someone suggested he lacked pace that day. He was of curse injured with a knee complaint and Des gave him credit for seeing out the game in that condition. Kept his opposite number very quiet.. Oh how quickly we forget.
See, I think you make an excellent point. Ben is pretty close to regular centre spot but now Koula has rightly nailed down one spot there's four blokes vying for the other. One of them is Harper!

What?

Yes, the players should be looking after the health. A mask would help.

I hope you’re not some Sky News after Dark (aka the Digitsl Nuremberg Rally) anti-vax conspiracist nut job.
The players are ironically in the higher bracket of susceptibility… comes with being a pro athlete and pushing your limitations. Mask is going to do jack $hit compared to other interventions which are likely to be against what our players are actually doing.

Harper should have been reefed from the field after the first Talakai try, had zero energy and looked lost from the get go.
It was almost torture watching him from that point and he had little help from his inside mates on many occasions and Sharks were playing the ball at 100 mph so the shift was against a jagged retreating defence where your best defensive centres would have struggled to combat the onslaught.
Been playing his Best defensive games recently and hope he can keep it up on Sunday, showed great charater to fight back including his own demons - respect to Harp I say.
I had a lot of stuff to say at the time of the Sharks game but I have to say the way he responded last week impressed me considerably, if he continues to play with that kind of intensity I'm more than happy to see him continue, I was unaware of him losing 6kg and it certainly goes a long way to explaining his form on the night against the Sharks

This wasn't 'his first interview since the Sharks game' as he was on the Manly Player Media a couple of weeks ago. Albeit had a cap on, head was down and didn't say much but I guess he can't answer questions if the journos don't ask the right ones.

Now the truth comes out and it just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover. There was plenty of unfair criticism of him at the time, without knowing the full story. I admire Harper for his honesty and courage to fight his way back.

It doesn't say much for the fitness gurus at Manly to let him play at Shark Park that night having lost so much weight and just 7 days after having Covid. It beggars belief actually.
Cap on, head down & that hair, he’d look like Dicky Knee.

I had a lot of stuff to say at the time of the Sharks game but I have to say the way he responded last week impressed me considerably, if he continues to play with that kind of intensity I'm more than happy to see him continue, I was unaware of him losing 6kg and it certainly goes a long way to explaining his form on the night against the Sharks
I think most of us did mate and had every right to feel dirty based on that game and not knowing the facts....the Covid after effect is Real and personally as only play touch footy these days, I would say I came back at only 50% Tops from it and was lethargic, since knee injury 20 years ago it's not speed I refer to, but energy and felt pretty hopeless, basically could only run in 1 minute patches and was gassed......well 4 months later and suddenly only the past week back to 85%, so picture these NRL boys at the highest level playing a fast paced contact sport, he should NEVER have been on there.
Anyways, I am writing it off as a non event, I do recall however Olam taking him to the cleaners and Olam has done that to a few.....no excuses as Harper in that final series crashed and burned, but credit where it's due, has come back with a point to prove and thus far, I say its a Rocky comeback and just maybe these bad days at the office have built resilience and just may be the spring board for a successful career and never looking back, Iv'e seen many top level footy player never recover , so he has shown guts and determination so I wish him well and full credit to his character.

It does begger belief that the coaching staff if they were aware of Harper "s condition at the time allowed him to play . Especially when there was a fit and eager Koula rearing to go in the game day squad . Maybe Harper was concerned about losing his position if he opted not to play but pretty ordinary player monitoring and duty of care again from the coaching staff rating or considering him match fit . Definitely has shown better intent and playing impact in recent weeks ., Still the issue of his form dropping right off during the latter stages of last season but looking a bit sturdier size wise this season and still some good natural ability Hope again that he can continue his improved form.

I'm hoping he gets back to the level he was at in first half of 2021 then eclipses it.

Sharks game was terrible but he'd been down on form for a while

Best thing for Harper is to get him good ball so he can get his confidence up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8